An experience with Scientology.

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Schadenfreude
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

An experience with Scientology.

Post by Schadenfreude » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Where I used to reside, Scientology was not as rife as it is in other areas. But a minor presence is still a presence. They are relentless in their efforts to enlist people, a close friend of mine was a target of the Scientology Cult. She was harassed in such a way that it was not illegal. The Scientologist enlisters used to spend shifts outside her house in a makeshift picket in absolute silence, they would disperse on request, only to return a little while later.

This kind of abuse was continuous for many months, they began to relent but only through a lack of physical presence. The girl was hounded with letters and calls daily, over the weeks they began to lessen until the flow diminished completely.

I found it bizarre that people were allowed to do this and not experience any effective legal repercussions, their hypocrisy is astounding, it just seems wrong and instils an anger that begins to grow like a cancer over time.

ozzuk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ozzuk » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:11 pm

The simplest thing to do ina case like that would be to slapa restraining order on people commiting such activites.

More need to hear this is how they operate and this is one of their not so effective means of harrasment in a weak attempt to get people back in and on the bridge and rob them of more money...

What country are you based such activety in the UK would be frowned upon as I would presume in most european countries...

Especially picketing someones private home thats an invasion of privacy and harrasment, but remember people we are upsetting them and we are religious bigots...
"They say that evil prevails if good men fail to act"

Elronita

Re: An experience with Scientology.

Post by Elronita » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:27 am

Schadenfreude wrote:Where I used to reside, Scientology was not as rife as it is in other areas. But a minor presence is still a presence. They are relentless in their efforts to enlist people, a close friend of mine was a target of the Scientology Cult. She was harassed in such a way that it was not illegal. The Scientologist enlisters used to spend shifts outside her house in a makeshift picket in absolute silence, they would disperse on request, only to return a little while later.

This kind of abuse was continuous for many months, they began to relent but only through a lack of physical presence. The girl was hounded with letters and calls daily, over the weeks they began to lessen until the flow diminished completely.

I found it bizarre that people were allowed to do this and not experience any effective legal repercussions, their hypocrisy is astounding, it just seems wrong and instils an anger that begins to grow like a cancer over time.
They come to your house, call and call and keep calling, send handwritten letters....the list goes on and on...Even if you change your number they WILL find you....very scary!

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”