Marty Rathbun is alive!

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
bixbear

Marty Rathbun is alive!

Post by bixbear » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:20 am

:D GREAT NEWS! :D

I spoke with several VERY RELIABLE sources this weekend who say they are in contact with Marty Rathbun. He is very much alive and very happy! Apparently, he finally left for good due to his disgust with DM's treatment of staff.

Marty is a great guy, a smart guy and a tough guy. Even if he isn't nessasarily on 'our team', we are certainly fortunate that he is not on 'their team'. I applaud his courage and integrity for leaving and wish him all the best with the rest of what I hope is a very long, rewarding life.....

PTS

Post by PTS » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:23 am

Fantastic news!!!

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:44 am

Great news! Thanks Jason! I hope he puts his story in affidavit form into the hands of an attorney, better yet it would be great if he went public.

I'm not sure who I would be more worried about if I was him, David Miscavige or his long lost soul mate "she who shall not be named".

In any case, I am so happy that he is alive and well.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Judith Anderson

Post by Judith Anderson » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:55 am

If anyone has a case against DM it would be all these former high-ranking staff that he physically abused, routinely, in public. And then imprisoned in RPF. There must be dozens of them out there. I wish they would all get together and file a class action suit against the venomous little punk. They could all give eye-witness accounts to back each other up. There must be some attorney somewhere who would recognize it as a sure win and do it on contingency.

lucy skywalker

Post by lucy skywalker » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:59 am

Great news. Thank you Jason.

I know this is totally inappropriate and I'll probably get smashed a good one for saying it, but I have to ...

Marty for the love of life, please speak out on the wrath of DM. Too many people have been hurt by the Co$. Your voice is strong. When the time is right please do the right thing. You won't regret it and will help many out of the Co$, plus stop countless others from wasting their lives. Thank you!
www.exscientologykids.com/
www.exscn.net
[i]beyond_horizons ... rest in peace dear friend[/i]

Fishdaddy

Post by Fishdaddy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:04 am

That's fantastic news Jason. Marty always struck me as a decent guy, and I wish him every happiness and success in his new life. The news makes me both happy and relieved.

Whether he decides to speak out against Miscavige or not is his decision, which I respect either way. That said, his voice would be a powerful one for reform.

Jeff

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:08 am

Wow, that was surprising news! He is now free.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:13 am

He can write a declaration, using Woodcraft's asbestos declaration as a model, and seal it and leave it with a lawyer, with instructions to open it after his death. Then, tell that to CoS if they threaten him.

Or, he could get a lawyer, go to the FBI, testify, and enter the witness protection program. For the FBI address, just Google FBI & Houston, or whatever city he lives in.

songbird

Post by songbird » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:26 am

Judith Anderson wrote:If anyone has a case against DM it would be all these former high-ranking staff that he physically abused, routinely, in public. And then imprisoned in RPF. There must be dozens of them out there. I wish they would all get together and file a class action suit against the venomous little punk. They could all give eye-witness accounts to back each other up. There must be some attorney somewhere who would recognize it as a sure win and do it on contingency.
^^^ THIS ^^^
Fishdaddy wrote:Whether he decides to speak out against Miscavige or not is his decision, which I respect either way. That said, his voice would be a powerful one for reform.
^^^ THIS ^^^

ZenuEtrawl

Post by ZenuEtrawl » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:28 am

SP Hall loses another inmate! :D

songbird

Post by songbird » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:30 am

ZenuEtrawl wrote:SP Hall loses another inmate! :D
True! :D
This keeps up ... soon they'll have no one left to shovel the sewage, clean out the dumpsters with toothbrushes, and wear the shackles.

ZenuEtrawl

Post by ZenuEtrawl » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:45 am

ZenuEtrawl wrote:SP Hall loses another inmate! :D
Err, maybe not. Looking over the earlier lists, he wasn't named.

I shudder to think what an "SP Hall's SP Hall" would be like.

Kilia

Post by Kilia » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:54 am

Wonderful news, Jason! :)

pharbizorg

Post by pharbizorg » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:00 am

Excellent News! Yet another case against David Miscaviage himself!
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.

~Jack Layton, Canadian Politician (1950-2011)

Gumbythetruth

Re: Marty Rathbun is alive!

Post by Gumbythetruth » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:19 am

bixbear wrote::D GREAT NEWS! :D

I spoke with several VERY RELIABLE sources this weekend who say they are in contact with Marty Rathbun. He is very much alive and very happy! Apparently, he finally left for good due to his disgust with DM's treatment of staff.

Marty is a great guy, a smart guy and a tough guy. Even if he isn't nessasarily on 'our team', we are certainly fortunate that he is not on 'their team'. I applaud his courage and integrity for leaving and wish him all the best with the rest of what I hope is a very long, rewarding life.....
Thank you so much Jason for sharing this most joyful information with we on this board. For every one individual whom has left Scientology,IMHO makes what we whom fight for truth and reason more than worth the effort.Each time i hear of an individual freeing themselves from the bonds of Scientology, makes me feel all warm and happy for they have found real freedom . Once again thank you for sharing this with us.

pharbizorg. Your quote by Pope John Paul the second is very moving!

"Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought."

~Pope John Paul II

Return to “Opinions & Debate”