Kirsten Dunst has Hubbard's "code of honour" on her wall.

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

Sponge

Kirsten Dunst has Hubbard's "code of honour" on her wall.

Post by Sponge » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:03 pm

Kirsten Dunst in Depth
http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazine/c ... rview-1008

snippet....
On a shelf in Kirsten Dunst's cozy Nichols Canyon home, high up in the Hollywood Hills, among volumes of poetry by Anne Sexton and biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald and Deborah Harry (whom she hopes to soon play in a movie about Blondie), sits a plastic-framed copy of L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology Code of Honor. Kirsten, who has gone by the nickname Kiki since she was a small child and couldn't pronounce "Kirsten," is not a Scientologist. This was a relatively recent gift from Tom Cruise, with whom she starred in 1994's Interview with the Vampire, her breakout film that garnered her a Golden Globe nomination at the age of 12. She likes to show the Code to everyone who comes to visit, as if it were a piece of artwork like one of the Mari Eastman canvases hanging above her fireplace.

Though the 26-year-old clearly keeps the Code around less for affirmation (it offers wisdom like "Never need praise, approval, or sympathy" and "Be your own adviser, keep your own counsel, and select your own decisions") and more because it's just so L.A., Kirsten concedes that such advice is nothing to be scoffed at, especially for a young actress who is picked apart in the tabloids and scrutinized in the news media on a regular basis. Indeed, her current philosophy is "Trust yourself first." It's an attitude that came out of her time earlier this year at Cirque Lodge, a rehabilitation facility in Sundance, Utah, where she checked in for depression. Though she confesses she is doing better than ever, she hesitates to talk about the circumstances.
Oh, pulleeeeeease :roll:

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:34 am

Now Kirsten Dunst has TC stank on her. Too bad.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Judith Anderson

Post by Judith Anderson » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:07 pm

The girl has no idea. Otherwise she would never have Anne Sexton and Zelda Fitzgerald sharing a display with Humbug's so-called "code of honor." Did anyone ever need praise more than LRH? Has anyone ever been more dissuaded from keeping his/her own counsel than your average Scientologist?

I doubt that she knows that Sexton and Fitzgerald would both be major PTS, according to Scientology dictum. Sexton was under psychiatric care most of her adult life, and committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning. Fitzgerald died in a fire at a mental institution in N.C. where she was permanently commited.

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:12 pm

Kirsten Dunce...

truthseeker

Post by truthseeker » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Give her a break if she has depression, its a horrible affliction. Just hope she gets proper help not cult 'help'

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Kirsten Dunst has framed copy of Scientology’s code of honor in her house
celebface.com September 11th, 2008
http://www.celebface.com/kirsten-dunst- ... her-house/

Nice pic of her smoking one of Hubbard's "cancer cure" sticks.

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:41 pm

It makes me sick that Tom's little 'gift' to her is just his way of subtly introducing Scientology into her life.The guy's a first class creep.

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:02 pm

I wonder if she laminated the ticket for her free stress test that you know tc gave her.

jax

Post by jax » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:16 pm

antiscn wrote:It makes me sick that Tom's little 'gift' to her is just his way of subtly introducing Scientology into her life.The guy's a first class creep.
Seriously, its EXACTLY $#!t like that that can pull somebody right into the cult.
It seems so harmless on the surface.
That kind of crap was what my "friends" showed me just before I ended up joining.
I didn't find out about the schizo-paranoid rip-off batshit crazyness until too late.

I agree with you antiscn, Tom Creep knows what he is doing.

Wisened One

Post by Wisened One » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:52 pm

I'm surprised TC didn't get her back when she was in the movie!
Ex-MM Org Div 6'er. 1991-1995.
My story: Post #33 here: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=75142&postcount=33

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:40 am

Does anyone have a scanned copy of said code they could link to?

I prefer scanned copies of original rather than someone's more disputable typed up email from memory.

I'd like to do a break down analysis of said code. Judging from what I've been sent (typed up from memory email) the entire code basically reinforces staying in the cult, sacrificing oneself to the cult and doing the cult's bidding, including such gems as

"Don't regret yesterday..." i.e. don't feel guilt.
"Never break allegance once allegance has been given" i.e. leave cult is bad
"Don't be afraid to hurt someone if it is for the greater good" - erm, hm.

I have to see on some sort of Hubbard'esq logo headed paper; I know this can be shooped but I am trusting that any scans are genuine.

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:09 pm

grathuln wrote:Does anyone have a scanned copy of said code they could link to? I prefer scanned copies of original rather than someone's more disputable typed up email from memory.
How about straight from the Church of Scientology's website?

http://www.whatisscientology.org/html/P ... g0732.html
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:15 pm

Sea Horse wrote:
grathuln wrote:Does anyone have a scanned copy of said code they could link to? I prefer scanned copies of original rather than someone's more disputable typed up email from memory.
How about straight from the Church of Scientology's website?

http://www.whatisscientology.org/html/P ... g0732.html
Doh, sometimes I forget what a useful source of Intel their own website are.

Thanks. :lol:

karollaa

Re: Kirsten Dunst has Hubbard's "code of honour" on her wall.

Post by karollaa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:06 pm

Kristen Dusnt is a very talented actress :)

Return to “Media Reports”