Request for Global Day of Peace in Honor of Jett Travolta

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
J. Swift

Request for Global Day of Peace in Honor of Jett Travolta

Postby J. Swift » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:30 pm

In order to honor the memory of Jett Travolta and to extend our condolences to the Travolta family, I am requesting that Scientology critics observe a Global Day of Peace on January 9, 2009. What I am asking is that Scientology's critics stand down for 24 hours and observe silence on the internet with respect to Scientology. To make this a uniform 24 hours, our Day of Peace would begin globally at 9:00 AM GMT.

I am asking my fellow critics on ARS, WWP, ESMB, etc., who support a Global Day of Peace in Honor of Jett Travolta to please communicate this request to their respective boards for consideration by the global critics' community.

/////

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

jonny

Postby jonny » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 am

I think this makes a profound statement, even if I'm not in the league of the critics found here. From what I've seen, every critic has been heartbroken by this tragic turn of events. I take comfort in the fact that everyone here worries about the family first, and the cult second. I for one will not make a post.

StevieRayFan

Postby StevieRayFan » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:04 am

I am just about devastated over this news... more so than any other so-called death story. I feel just terrible about this one. There's nothing worse than loosing a child. If his son did not get the proper medical care that he needed... this will come out in time and there is no need to push it or speculate over it. I agree with J. Swift 100% on this.
“Oh, crip, he’s a crapple” - Peter Griffin
-----
Could be: "Oh crap" <smile>

------

It's getting closer to, "Oh Crap".

http://www.scientologydisconnection.com/

Kookaburra

Postby Kookaburra » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:08 am

I think this is a very good idea, Swifty. I will pass it on.
Ex Sea Org Helpline
[url]http://www.exseaorg.com/[/url]

Patty Pieniadz

Postby Patty Pieniadz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:59 pm

If you can get Scn to stop harassing critics and abusing their staff and public for the same 24 hours, then I'll go along with it.

Kookaburra

Postby Kookaburra » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Patty Pieniadz wrote:If you can get Scn to stop harassing critics and abusing their staff and public for the same 24 hours, then I'll go along with it.

They won't. But we are better than they are.
Ex Sea Org Helpline
[url]http://www.exseaorg.com/[/url]

4truth2

Postby 4truth2 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Patty Pieniadz wrote:

If you can get Scn to stop harassing critics and abusing their staff and public for the same 24 hours, then I'll go along with it.

Patty, I honestly do fell ya on this, but it’s just not the point. Several people have already written about how the critics have been uniformly sympathetic and compassionate in their concern for the Travolta family as opposed to the grotesque way Scientology views death.

WE can change our tactics and observe J. Swift’s request. All of Scientology is locked into Hubbard’s 50’s space opera horse shit and will keep on with their harassment and mistreatment of staff and public alike in their ruthless quest of higher and higher stats. They’re locked into a losing game which grows worse as Miscavige’s paranoia increases.
"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

pharbizorg

Postby pharbizorg » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:07 pm

I'll agree to this, and I think its a great idea! Lets show them who is the better person.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.

~Jack Layton, Canadian Politician (1950-2011)

number 6

Postby number 6 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:18 pm

With all due respect, this is a retarded suggestion. While Anonymous and the OG should not be too exploitative with this tragic death, we should NEVER stop shining that light on the cockroaches. It's that constant light shining that will get many Scientologists (including I hope, the Travoltas) to break out of their personal Truman show.

Peace will only come when one side capitulates, and we hope of course, that the cult capitulates and goes down in flames.

Judith Anderson

Postby Judith Anderson » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:02 pm

I will observe it.

zorro

request

Postby zorro » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:15 pm

keep on giving information
I won't be intrusive about the family's tragedy
but I won't be giving the cult one moment rest
we are a small group in france
different and very special and no one is in charge or leader
anybody act for himself
myself
anyway I was just pretty cool with them lately I even gave them opportunity to look for different adresses like FREEZONE..... :wink:

I am preparing an happening "legal" not for this week but pretty soon and a lot of people are going to hear about it because soimetimes we are comedians aired on national broadcasting....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
one can do a lot
to educate
but surely pay respect to the travolta 's family
but the cult is something else
and these two at the moment for me are a separate reality
voila
diego
life is a comedy
and david is so close from criminal investigation,isn't????

duhast

Postby duhast » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:33 pm

I just thought about this a bit in terms of "war".

In the context of human warfare, those who would give no quarter are correct in maintaining the battle.

However, at it's core, this is spiritual warfare and Swifts suggestion is a very good one. There are others than the principals (COS, Travoltas, and antis) who will be watching and making judgments about who is taking the high road.
I'm worth a million in prizes.

J. Swift

Postby J. Swift » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:55 pm

Let us collectively send a message that we care enough to pay our respects to Jett. We do not need or expect anything in return, for we do this from our hearts and from our strength. The critics can do this because we come from a position of strength; even Tom Cruise has now yielded the battlefield to us. Do not expect the Management of the Cult to reciprocate our gesture because, in its mind, it has done nothing wrong. CoS Management is blind. What I am suggesting is that, as an expression of our strength, we step away from battling Scientology's insanity and brutality for 24 hours to hours to honor the memory of Jett Travolta.

We can observe a Day of Peace to clearly communicate our true intention: We who seek to dismantle the Church of Scientology in its present form do so in order to stop CoS from ever harming anyone anymore. A Day of Peace shows the Travolta family and the world that we care. A Day of Peace shows Scientologists what the future can look like when CoS no longer exists in its present form.

Simple gestures can help to effect change.

I invite you to join me in a Day of Peace.

Consider what I am saying.

/////

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

Wieber

Postby Wieber » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm going to go along with this. That's my choice.

For those who disagree and do not go along with it, will you, please, observe a moment of silence on that day? I think that a moment of silence is something everyone can do. I think it should be done in combination with the 24 hour stand down, but again, that's my opinion, and my choice.

Whether it is organized or not that's what I will do.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

number 6

Postby number 6 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Return to “Opinions & Debate”