Mary DeMoss Panton's Blog

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Patty Pieniadz

Post by Patty Pieniadz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:31 pm

J. Swift wrote:
Maybe I will come to your next SP Party and we can kiss and make up and bury the hatchets? This assumes you invite me. Anyway, peace out.

/////
Anything's possible.
Education is not a hate crime.
http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/pieniadz1.html

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Why thank you Patty.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Got this info from ESMB (Been Done Had) regarding Mary:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/743/911

Still a cultie.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:25 pm

I harp on the difference between what I term "out" and "away" to the point where I suppose you could get nauseous. Nevertheless I think its a useful thing to keep in mind. (I'll explain if someone asks.)

Here's the point, once you have bought scientology authority members can rip your face off and you will quite willingly say, "Thank you, sir. May I have another."

When I say bought, I mean that you have reached a point where you really believe that scientology is the only entity that holds the only key to your eternal spiritual freedom, not that you have paid for your "bridge" in full.

From the way she looks, behaves and writes I would say that Mary is a very special asset to scientology. I think if she ever actually got "out" there would be more hell to pay than usual in that organization.

I think she isn't "out." She may have been "away" but they took special pains to get her back. If she were out, she would come right out and write in her blog that she is a former scientologist and the overall look and feel of her little web site would be very different.

That's my take on it.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Got this info from ESMB (Been Done Had) regarding Mary:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/743/911

Still a cultie.
I don't get how this proves she's still a cultie. I put my Org staff experience on my resume too, because you can't just leave 15-20 years of your life blank on a resume. Its best to be up front about your past otherwise it looks like you are ashamed or trying to hide it.

The only thing on this page is that she was ED of CCHR for a few years. Clearly it was the lobbying for CCHR experience that helped her to get the new lobbying job, hence, there it is.

Or did I miss something?

The rest is all conjecture. Surely there must be someone out there who knows her who can say for sure either way.
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:35 pm

Wieber wrote: I think she isn't "out." She may have been "away" but they took special pains to get her back. If she were out, she would come right out and write in her blog that she is a former scientologist and the overall look and feel of her little web site would be very different.

That's my take on it.
A valid point. Incidentally, while her comments said moderated at first they don't seem to be now. I see a comment mentioning Co$ and Anonymous for a start. Does this mean anything? You could take it either way, this blog will be one to watch and if it allows open and free dialogue one to use, if nothing else to get Mary DeMoss realise the truth that is scientology is a very dangerous cult worthy of protest.

RB

Post by RB » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Welllllll seems that "Emory Capital Management, LLC" is owned by Thomas A. Wright. If I'm not mistaken, he is a Scientologist and has worked for CCHR. If this is the case, it would be assumed that Mary is still in Scientology in some capacity.

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:49 pm

RB wrote:Welllllll seems that "Emory Capital Management, LLC" is owned by Thomas A. Wright. If I'm not mistaken, he is a Scientologist and has worked for CCHR. If this is the case, it would be assumed that Mary is still in Scientology in some capacity.
Yeah, I believe she may have some other scilon related organisations, can you link to the reference to Emory Capital Management in her blog please?

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:50 pm

By: Mary Panton

A curtain rose one night and all your troubles fell away
Under the Alaskan sky.
The burdens of a lifetime gave way to a serenity
That would last a lifetime and beyond.
You believe.

That peace you found was there inside you all along.
It lived when you asked your father to tell you stories of the hunt.
It lived in the marshes and mountains where you spent long days and nights
On the hunt yourself.
It lived when you saved the life of a drowning girl.
And it lived when you opened the letters of the friends and family who love you.
They Believe.

I have seen the glassy eyes of this man
Who does not always understand his worth.
And I understand the hope of an eternity where troubles melt away
Where a father loves you unconditionally
Where time stands still and all things are possible.
Where you love others as deeply as you are loved by Him.
I want you to have this always.
Please Believe.

But do not make the mistake of thinking this peace is found
Outside yourself.
It is in you, He is in you, love is in you.
It can not be squandered by loving the wrong person
It can not be revoked for mistakes real or imagined.
Once you know it, it is yours. Forever.
I Believe.

© Mary Panton 2008
This sounds like someone who has had a change in thinking, but who knows.

Also, I tots think that Pooks and Swift should go to the prom together. How cute would that be?

"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:14 pm

There's another clue in there.
© Mary Panton 2008
It brings to mind Hubbard's policy, "Copyright everything."
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

RB

Post by RB » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:36 pm

grathuln, it's listed on her LinkedIn resume that she is in charge of "Governmental Affairs" there. The Emory Capital Management website is:

Not much there, but as of July they had $72.8M under management.

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Wieber wrote:There's another clue in there.
© Mary Panton 2008
It brings to mind Hubbard's policy, "Copyright everything."
Noticed that too, benefit of the doubt says indoctrination for that long at that level dies hard, as per even Tory didn't see the cult for what it is straight away. She still seems to have scilon connections and believes in some scilon front ideology but if she is still working for a scilon front then I have to agree with the damage control angle.

One to watch and may be useful. If it is a cunning plan the OSA had to figure that Anonymous would notice the blog and if they are smart (never under estimate them) they would figure we'd be suspicious.

Anyhow, the blog's on my favourites to watch, I either get an insight in to Mary Demoss conversion from clam to human again or will be tracking an OSA front op in progress.

RB

Post by RB » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Noticed that too, benefit of the doubt says indoctrination for that long at that level dies hard, as per even Tory didn't see the cult for what it is straight away. She still seems to have scilon connections and believes in some scilon front ideology but if she is still working for a scilon front then I have to agree with the damage control angle.
If her employer is still an upper level Scientologist and hasn't left the church (does anyone have any confirmation on his status?), then I'd have to say that there's no way in hell that Mary has blown and is still working for this company. Wouldn't that be PTS for them, crash their stats, etc.??

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:18 pm

RB wrote:grathuln, it's listed on her LinkedIn resume that she is in charge of "Governmental Affairs" there. The Emory Capital Management website is:

Not much there, but as of July they had $72.8M under management.
Thanks RB. Guess we should keep tabs on this.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Mary, if you read this, please go watch Mark Bunker's video addressed to you. It's really sweet. Then, I think you should send him a message on his Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqmsTR6e6_8
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Return to “Opinions & Debate”