Marty Rathbun Surfaces With Scientology Rehab

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Benny's Friend

Marty Rathbun Surfaces With Scientology Rehab

Post by Benny's Friend » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Movin' on up a little higher

Mark "Marty" Rathbun's Place

I was a member of the Sea Organization for twenty-seven years. I learned how to audit and troubleshoot virtually any technical problem at every level of Scientology. For years prior to leaving the Church I was regularly called upon by its top-ranking members to resolve its toughest and, in many instances, most high profile cases.

Having dug myself out of the dark pit where many who leave the Church land, I began lending a hand to others similarly situated.

A lot of folks seem to be suffering from the inculcated idea that once they depart or cease to slavishly follow every arbitrary dictate they automatically forfeit any spiritual gains they may have attained along the road. Natively conscientious as most beings are, such an evaluation can begin a pernicious dwindlng spiral of self-invalidation and unhappiness.

I understand this phenomenon and the internal dichotomies extant within the organization that bring it about. In the process of reversing the decline in myself and in others certain lessons were learned that might be of some assistance to those who have experienced the same.

I offer a simple program of rehabilitation of previously recognized abilities and education on universal truths and principles of spiritual growth. I do not offer a substitute for Scientology nor am in competition with the Church. I am only offering to share all the skills I have learned – from a wide variety of sources - to help those in need who once formally participated in Scientology but who now hold no hope nor intention of ever seeking help from the Church.

My services are peformed in a relaxing, bayside environment with unlimited space and fresh South Texas air. Reasonably priced accommodations – which include plenty of Southern hospitality – are conveniently located within a short, pleasant walking distance.

My services cost whatever you think they are worth, within your means, after completion. I ask that you pay me one-half of whatever you determine that value to be when you head back home. Then, if after a month you believe your original estimation was correct you can send me the other half, or not. It is entirely up to you.

for reservations: sthtexlensman@aol.com

Friends
Web Page Maker, create your own web pages.
(Yep, that's who you think it is.)
The more who speak out, the more who get out.

NattyP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by NattyP » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Marty took it so hard up the ol' Hershey Highway from El Ron's spayshul brand of lovin' that he CAN'T QUIT HIM.

Marty, you f@ckwit: You're squirrelin' the tech. Hey, Dave: Marty's squirrelin' the tech. He's also writing TERRIBLE prose, but, mainly he's SQUIRRLIN' THE F@CKIN' TECH.

I wonder how recent that picture of JB and Marty Farty is? Hrrrmmmm....
John Carmichael: Are you a homo? Have you come out of the closet?
ANONYMOUS: You're wearing tweed in the summer and you're asking ME if I'm a faggot? Xenu please ...
John Carmichael: What?

Gumbythetruth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Gumbythetruth » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:15 pm

BF. Nice find. Do you know when the attached photo was taken? And why?

NattyP

Post by NattyP » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Gumby,

From WWP:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-genera ... oup-38608/

They got it from ESMB.

Big Beghes is not the most poopular poyson with Nonnies right now...lots of questions about the age of the picture.

For what it's worth, JB has been RIGHT UP FRONT and spoken non-stop, including to "Today/Tonight" in Oz last week about just how bad, corrupt, evil and ineffectual Scientology is. Maybe he's trying to be a friend to Marty, who was the designated Scientology Shillebrity Butt Boy for YEARS.

Marty prolly knows more about what's in shillebrity pre-clear files than DAVE.

Plus, if you really analyze his prose, it's like he's sending up a test balloon...licking his formerly can-holding finger and sticking it into the wind...

He coulda posted ANY picture...gotta wonder what's the significance of him posting the (by the looks of it) fairly recent picture with JB...

All I know is Dainty Dave's pucker is clenched in a state of rage you and I can only imagine... so....way to go, Marty Farty!
ANONYMOUS: You're wearing tweed in the summer and you're asking ME if I'm a faggot? Xenu please ...

NattyP

Post by NattyP » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:34 pm

BFG, FishDaddy, LBV, BTs2Free...any comments, thought, reflections on what this here means?

It looks like Marty Farty is making it CLEAR he's not pulling a "go quietly into hiding" like Rinder and Ronnie Miscavige.

newclear

Post by newclear » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:24 pm

If this really is a recent picture of one satisfied customer, then I am very happy for Jason. The proposed exchange for Marty's services reminds me of what you would pay at a Vipassana retreat. But, Marty does them one better, by splitting it in half. If the subjective "win" is not stable, then you don't pay the whole thing.

The appearance of Marty in the Freezone may not be a big deal. If you remember Pierre Ethier, the Flag Class XII auditor, here is his website:

http://www.upperbridge.org/

You could possibly argue that since DM has his hands so full of other things at this point, he doesn't pose much threat these days. For those who disparage the Freezone (or sodomy, for that matter), I say don't knock it 'till you try it.
You're so screwed, so screwed, the Way to Slappiness is the way to flappiness.

Benny's Friend

Post by Benny's Friend » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:35 pm

I don't see what the big problem is with Jason (apparently?) supporting Rathbun's rehab (although I won't be mentioning this on WWP cuz that die-in-a-fire thing hurts my feelings). If I suddenly woke up one day and realized my brain had just been totally screwed with, I would try to find help too. Breaking out of the Scientology mindset can't be easy.

I'm with the Nattster. I'm looking forward to when those who know/knew Rathbun weigh in on this topic.
The more who speak out, the more who get out.

daisy

Post by daisy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:37 pm

I think the picture of that bird is some scary s****. Kind of looks like a vulture.

NattyP, you are right once again. Some people can't quit the cult or ol hubtub. I believe it takes people different degrees of time to get that monkey off their back.

Rathbun knows a lot of stuff especially about the midget, did he talk?

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:50 pm

Comment Deleted. I was uninformed. Foot A has now been inserted into mouth B.
Last edited by Gumbythetruth on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Roan

Post by Roan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:50 pm

So he's trying to make a living off of his years in the Sea Org?
I have mixed feelings about that.

But if he DOES hope to make it in that "field" he had better come up with a better looking website. The Gulf Coast of Texas is not exactly the French Riviera. It's going to take some doing to get people to fly out there for Marty's "exit counseling." :roll:

Last edited by Roan on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

Mewba

Post by Mewba » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:51 pm

NattyP wrote:Marty took it so hard up the ol' Hershey Highway from El Ron's spayshul brand of lovin' that he CAN'T QUIT HIM.

Marty, you f@ckwit: You're squirrelin' the tech. Hey, Dave: Marty's squirrelin' the tech. He's also writing TERRIBLE prose, but, mainly he's SQUIRRLIN' THE F@CKIN' TECH.

I wonder how recent that picture of JB and Marty Farty is? Hrrrmmmm....
I'm with you on this Natty. But my reaction to Hubbard's long-con lies being referred to as Tech has always been like fingernails on a blackboard to me. Like calling Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme where he stole Billions from the life savings of friends and associates Madoff's Investment Tech!
Ron Hubbard's the kind of person that would just as soon tell a lie as tell the truth.
--Me

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:47 am

Scientology is collapsing right now. There is a huge shift. People are working to make it easier than ever for Scientologists to leave. Nobody, except DM and his inner circle and the Shadowmen, wants the Church of Scientology to continue to exist in its present form. The goal of the Scientology Critics Movement is to see CoS collapse in its present form -- and this is in fact happening.

Critics such as myself accept and understand the intellectual premise that the "Tech" can be decoupled from CoS. Therefore, as a tactical move, we realize that some exiting Scientologists may need to be ramped down into lesser forms of the Tech as well as those forms of spirituality that Hubbard stole from in order to synthesize into his bastard creation. I can see how to spiritually and intellectually move a Scientologist from the Tech to Zen, Gnosticism, Buddhism, Existentialism, or to agnosticism, etc. as they prefer or are inclined. Perhaps Marty is doing this?

Those critics who have not existentially realized the power of CoS indoctrination are having a hard time coping with the present necessities and realities of what the CoS collapse looks like. The CoS collapse will look like a Mass Exodus, as appears to be the scene in ANZO, and, it will look like the Freezone or Eastern Spirituality in other places. The Collapse will look like whatever it looks like, and, it is emerging as an asymmetrical, non-linear, shamanistic movement in many places. A shamanistic sort of Zen teaching might resonate quite well with many Scientologists who want to maintain their core identity as spiritual beings while washing their hands of CoS in all its forms. There is no need to throw out the baby with the bathwater. One can still be a spiritual and ethical being without having to be a Scientologist, a Christian, or even having any form of religious or cultic affiliation or identity whatsoever.

The Collapse also looks like a run on CoS' bank accounts: Departing Scientologists had better ask for their refunds now! What happens if CoS runs out of money?

Who are we to judge? When a Scientologist suddenly awakens, it can take the form of a personal crisis, a great liberation, or somewhere in between where one's new life offers both hope and anxiety. I advise Departing Scientologists to get their refunds of all monies on account and to also reunite with their families and friends who have left the Cult.

While I am not a close friend of Jason Beghe, I know him well enough to say that he is an intense, passionate, and fearless man with a great mind and a great sense of mission and conviction. It cost Jason a great deal to leave CoS. If Jason has struck up a friendship with Marty Rathbun, then Marty is indeed fortunate to have a friend like Jason Beghe. Jason Beghe is a man of integrity who can see five steps ahead of most critics.

Read the signs! Connect the dots! The Collapse of Scientology is upon us. Mary Panton has come out as has Marty Rathbun. Others have left or are making arrangements to do so. Support these people, even if you don't agree with them 100%, realize that their hearts are in the right place.

Whereas I had once feared and mistrusted Marty Rathbun, I now drop that point of view. I am in awe of what Marty has done to work out his own salvation. I embrace Marty Rathbun. If Marty wants to help people who have left Scientology, then that is a good thing. If some people who have left Scientology still need the Tech, some Zen, some exercise and vitamins, then so what? At least they are out of CoS!

Jesus Christ! Wake up! The Tech outside of CoS is hardly a threat. What's to fear from small FZ groups who compete with each other for clients while their aging leaders squabble endlessly over the precise meanings of the arcane spasms of a needle? The competition for the dwindling auditing dollar will ensure that FZ groups undercut each other on price and make each other wrong online. The forces of Capitalism and the Internet will keep a lid on the Freezone.

While the Collapse has started, keep up the monthly raids. Keep up the daily unrelenting pressure on CoS, OSA, and its PI's and lawyers, but embrace those people like Marty Rathbun and Jason Beghe who have left and are there to help. There is wisdom in the old proverb, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." And, as Reagan said, "Trust but verify." Be judicious. Ask hard questions. But don't reject out of hand those former Scientologists who cleverly know how to use an E-Meter to persuade current Scientologists to leave the Church. This is a chess game, you see.

There is no "Scientology Lite" because KSW rules out such a state. People who have left CoS have rejected KSW and are no longer flowing money or power to CoS. That is sufficient for me. If some of these people still need auditing, then why should anyone care so long as CoS is deprived of cash flow and members?

/////
Last edited by J. Swift on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:46 am, edited 13 times in total.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

lulu_belle

Post by lulu_belle » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:23 am

Roan wrote:So he's trying to make a living off of his years in the Sea Org?
I have mixed feelings about that.

Lots of us exes are now "making a living off our years in the Sea Org."

The guys who were in the cine/film area; the guys in promo and graphics, etc. are good examples.

Many of the film and graphic guys from the SO are in that field in the 'wog" world and doing quite well.

Having wasted so many years of my life in the SO, all I can say is, for anyone who can use it to their advantage once they are out:

GOOD FOR YOU.
"Is leaving Scientology the new black?"

SomebodyElse

Post by SomebodyElse » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:25 am

Someone from the WWP site noted this
the photo details state the photo was taken on 1/1/2005 @ 12:00AM for what that is worth.
Looks like a picture from 2005 (unless Marty had the date off on his camera)
The Truth of [url=http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com]Scientology[/url]

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:17 am

I got out of scientology pretty much all by myself without the benefit of deprogramming or internet or exit counseling or any form of therapy other than the occasional beer and wine therapy, and just living my life. But I can say for sure that if I had needed exit counseling, I would not have been able to see a psyche, and I definitely would have needed a counselor that really understood my special brand of brainwashing.

Like most scientologists, I got in when I was young. I dropped out of college for it. When I left, many years later, I had no choice but to tap into the skills I had, and all I had was my scientology indoctrination. Those were the skills I used to survive. I get perfectly well what Rathbun is doing. He isn't doing another form of scientology. I read his promo piece over carefully several times. He is clear about that.
A lot of folks seem to be suffering from the inculcated idea that once they depart or cease to slavishly follow every arbitrary dictate they automatically forfeit any spiritual gains they may have attained along the road. Natively conscientious as most beings are, such an evaluation can begin a pernicious dwindlng spiral of self-invalidation and unhappiness.
I know exactly what he is talking about here. For me, I experienced this as an intense and profound feeling of loss, which fortunately, lasted only about 5 minutes, and I moved on. However, were a person to get stuck at that point, imo, they would definitely need some kind of help or they'd be in deep trouble.

The reason JB supports him is because he is doing a form of deprogramming or exit therapy which is in itself a complete support of the critics movement. He is saying "it is good you got out, you need to move on, the sooner you do the the better, if you need help, I am here to help". That is the simplicity of his message. The fact that he was a high profile figure is all the more reason this is helpful for critics. It can now be said "See? Rathbun is fully out, in fact he helping others overcome their cultic indoctrination so they can move on with their lives".
Why would anyone have a problem with that? Do people really think they have the right to dictate what he should or shouldn't do as an ex-scientologist? Isn't that why we leave scientology?

For those of you who harbor ill will towards Rathbun or anyone in his position for that matter, do you feel that once a person leaves scientology that they should no longer be permitted or trusted to help others? Are they forever banned from ever being a good listener ever again? Are they forbidden to use the only skills they know? Obviously Rathbun has gotten himself deprogrammed, some how, some way. We all do, eventually, after we leave. I dk what training outside of scientology he has had, but he does say this:
I offer a simple program of rehabilitation of previously recognized abilities and education on universal truths and principles of spiritual growth. I do not offer a substitute for Scientology nor am in competition with the Church. I am only offering to share all the skills I have learned – from a wide variety of sources - to help those in need who once formally participated in Scientology but who now hold no hope nor intention of ever seeking help from the Church.
This is not Freezone. He is not talking about another form of scientology. This could be anything. But I do see something important here. "Previously recognized abilities". That is important. When you leave and you begin to see that fallacy that was once the foundation of your own concept of self and who you (thought you) were in scientology, you experience a deep emptiness that can be very profound depending on how long you were in. I believe what he is doing is helping a person deal with that very specific problem. I could explain that further but it would make this post too long.

I don't really expect Nonys who have very little real world experience with scientology to understand ex-scientologists and what they do. I just wish critics would stick to the program of bringing down a corrupt organization, instead of harassing the very people who have managed to escape.
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt

Return to “Opinions & Debate”