One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: TV ad for scientology.org on the history channel
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:44 am 

A few hours ago I watched the history channel series on street gangs, the episode about gangs here in St. Louis, MO. In the middle of that presentation was a TV ad showing a wide variety of snippets of life and how life comes at you ... athletes, breathtaking views of the country, big cities, etc. with the slogan "... and it's your life" followed by "scientology.org". The ad was in itself meaningless with zero content relevant to the Cof$, the entire point was to push buttons, create curiosity, and get traffic to the website. I captured the episode on HD DVR, but I have zero know-how as to the specifics to move it from there on to, say, you tube. I hope that someone here will be on the lookout for that ad or advise me as to how to move it onto the web. It has great possibilities for doing a parody of.

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:47 pm 

They have even aired programmes made by the cult, not just Ads.
http://boards.history.com/topic/Other-P ... /800004429
It may even still be on their schedules (note that they may re-title the programme). I can't remember if it was a one-off or a short series.
Clark Carr (Narconon) was interviewed in it and someone pointed out that the narrator was a scientologist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:07 pm 
Well. Viewing the drama on "American chopper" on TLC last night i was caught off guard by a rather high end sci propaganda spot. I sensed something while watching it, yet could not put a mental finger on it. Only towards the end of the spot, did i hear, YOU COME BACK and then the very quick sci.com link appear did the dim light of recognition come on.

Guesst thats how propaganda works. Very sublime in its emotional approach, then hit you with what its all about with the link @ the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:12 pm 
And on that note. If you have seen the recent HULU TV spots with Alec Baldwin, they hit the nail right on the head.

Yes, television has turned our brains(or at least mine) to gelatinous goo, easily sucked up by those HULU aliens.

Mom was right!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:30 pm 

According to mail I received from the church:(all the underlines are in the original letter)
Church of Scientology junk mail wrote:
Imagine people out there looking for answers.
They've heard of us. They know our name.
Now we must take the next step: Making an introduction.
How do we accomplish that? The answer is by announcing ourselves to millions and by doing it everywhere.

Dear Scientologist,
People everywhere are looking for answers. Many have heard of Scientology and
innately sense that it is what they have been searching for. They want to know what it is.
In fact, "What is Scentology?" is one of the top searches on Google - along with "What
is life?"

That is why the biggest dissemination campaign in Scientology history has now
launched. It is monumental. It is massive. And it is the ultimate dissemination campaign every Scientologist has dreamed of.

This new campaign is being funded by grants from the IAS.

Three TV ads, known as [you], [search] and [life] will direct people to scientology.org.
They are flanked by internet ads that will reach people searching for answers. Television ads are airing in prime-time and on major networks including Discovery, CNN, Fox
News, MSNBC, MTV and The Learning Channel to name just a few.

The launch of these new Scientology TV ads is virtually guaranteed to open the floodgates.

Scientology wants to direct people to the internet. Is that such a bad thing?
Has the church considered that there is more than one website on the net that can provide the REAL answers that people are looking for?
Especially when it comes to real answers to the question "What is Scientology?".

The "floodgates" that could be opened may not be the ones Scientology anticipates.
Do they not think that people will access other sites besides Scientology's official site in their search for the truth?
Particularly when the only answer the church will give is either "come to to church & see for yourself" or "Scientology can help you with that" (whatever the problem).

In a few minutes I will post some more details from the church about this "ultimate, massive & monumental" "dissemination campaign" they have going on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:09 am 

This is typed with all of the bolds, caps etc as it is in the original.
church of Scientology junk mail wrote:
THE BIGGEST DISSEMINATION CAMPAIGN IN SCIENTOLOGY HISTORY - IT'S THE ESSENCE OF WHAT MEMBERS OF THE IAS STAND FOR.
The biggest Scientology dissemination campaign ever is reaching out through TV and the internet.
Three new Scientology TV ads are the first steps: Making an
introduction. And this is done by announcing Scientology to millions
and by doing it everywhere.
When people flip on their TV, in the middle of the doom and gloom
news, ads for the latest weight loss pill or antidepressant, the first in a
series of three ads tells them what they are.

The second ad strikes the most resonant chord there is: truth.

Finally, the third ad is on the one common denominator to everyone's
existence: living. Look around and you'll see that all the false solutions
are promised on fighting this one fact. Yes, life is dynamic.It's up and it's down. It's left and it's right. And that's what it's all about. And rather than blot it out, it's meant to be lived - which is the message of the final ad.
Each ad directs viewers to scientology.org, where they will find the answers they have been searching for. Combined, these new ads are
truly the next monumental step toward bringing Scientology to
the world. They are funded entirely by grants from the IAS. If you
have ever wanted to disseminate Scientology at the correct order of
magnitude - this is your opportunity to make your dream a reality.

This campaign is the essence of what members of the
International Association of Scientologists stand for. Your support
of the IAS funds the Scientology dissemination campaign. It is what
makes it happen.Become a member of the IAS today.

Here is the breakdown of the three ads.
Starting with [you].
Scientology junk mail wrote:
You are not your name.
You're not your job.
You're not the clothes you wear or the neighborhood you live in.
You're not your fears, you failures or your past.
You are hope. You are imagination.
You are the power to change, to create and to grow.
You are a spirit that will never die.
And no matter how beaten down,
You will rise again.

OK, now [search]
We're all looking for it.
Some of us have been looking our whole lives.
Some think they can buy it. Some think they can wear it.
Some travel the world in search of it.
Most don't even know what they're looking for.
But we all feel it. That aching desire.
That unexplainable emptiness
that can only be filled by one thing -
the truth.

Last but not least, [life]
It's shiny cars, wistful eyes and roast beef for dinner - It's chaos and harmony and water balloon fights and words you can't take back - It's tears of joy and pain and feelings you can't explain - It's questions and answers and "I don''t knows" - It's the rise and fall of civilizations and stock markets and kids on trampolines - It's finding true love and losing it and finding it all over again - It's music and sensation and touchdowns and chocolate - It's spirituality and inspiration and money an traffic jams - It's disaster and heroism and paper clips and knowing when to breathe - It's flirting and tasting and curiosity - It's fast and it's slow and it's rising and falling - It's every moment - Every hope - Every dream - Every piece of the cosmic puzzle. It's life. And it's yours.

Doesn't it seem that all of the things included in [life] are the very things that the church takes away from individuals after they sign up as staff or students?
OK, here is the last bit from the mail out:
Meet a Scientologist - at www.scientology.org
The ads all direct viewers to www.scientology.org where
they can meet a Scientologist. A series of 150 one-minute
documentaries introduce individual Scientologists across every
strata of society, ethnic profession, gender, age and economic
standing - from school teachers and salesmen to masons, bus
drivers and information technology managers. When it comes to
dissemination, there is nothing like personal contact and these new
documentaries provide personal contact for virtually any person
anywhere and that will open the door to Scientlolgy for them.

Personal contact with documentaries.
That is almost like meeting a real human, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:46 pm 

This is not the church's first rodeo when it comes to "the biggest dissemination campaign of all time."

Back in the day when I was on staff there was another huge "dissemination campaign". The biggest evah!
It was supposed to include billboards, print ads & TV ads...yada, yada, yada.
The theme was "Think for Yourself".
Oxymoronic, right?
Anyway, it was hyped as a big, BIG deal. (Just like this new campaign.)

The staff had to watch a special briefing video every morning for like a week, which concluded with
mandatory GAT (Golden Age of Tech) (hack, spit) drilling.
("Drilling" is basically rehearsing some part of the Scientology "tech" over & over until a Scientologist has it down pat.)
We got to do such fun activities as "body routing", handing out promo & the all time favorite "dissem drill" (contact, handle, salvage, bring to understanding) over & over - ugh. All that preparation was required so that the staff would be ready for the crowds of people who would be beating down the door to sign up for services.

We were also "ordered" to have a special 1-800 hot-line installed - which had to be equipped with voice mail - to handle the flood of incoming calls that were expected to result from the biggest dissemination campaign in history.
That's right, those "floodgates" were about to open.
Guess what?
<crickets chirping>
The new "Bat phone" was not inundated with calls nor were the doors in any danger of being broken down.
It was another big waste of Scientologists donations - just as this campaign will be.
When will Scientology learn that doing the same thing over & over while expecting a different result each time is the real definition of insanity?
Or at the least, ignorance.

If you find yourself reading this because you were directed to the internet by the "church" of Scientology, I want you to know this:
The church DOES NOT care about [you] or what you are searching for [search] or your life [life].
The ad campaign should be called [abuse] [money] [scam].
The "church" is NOT your friend.
Keep searching because the "church" has no answers & they will only use you for money, exploit your good nature & quite possibly harm you in ways you never expected - including breaking up your family - or worse.
Please, don't fall for the scam.
Maybe the new campaign should be [use], [exploit], [harm]?
Anyway, I think you get the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:41 pm 

Monique?
Tashania?
Tieg?
Taron?
Who are the CoS' target audience with this ad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:00 am 

jax wrote:
Church of Scientology junk mail wrote:
In fact, "What is Scentology?" is one of the top searches on Google - along with "What
is life?"

Scientology wants to direct people to the internet. Is that such a bad thing?
Has the church considered that there is more than one website on the net that can provide the REAL answers that people are looking for?
Especially when it comes to real answers to the question "What is Scientology?"

I just Googled "What is Scientology?" (without the quotes) and here are the results:

Web definitions for scientology (wordnet.princeton.edu)

Scientology, What is it? - A Reference from the Church of Scientology

Operation Clambake presents: What is Scientology?

Bwahaaaahaaaaa!

Post subject: script
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:16 am 

This was pretty much the script for the TV ad that I saw:

It's shiny cars, wistful eyes and roast beef for dinner - It's chaos and harmony and water balloon fights and words you can't take back - It's tears of joy and pain and feelings you can't explain - It's questions and answers and "I don''t knows" - It's the rise and fall of civilizations and stock markets and kids on trampolines - It's finding true love and losing it and finding it all over again - It's music and sensation and touchdowns and chocolate - It's spirituality and inspiration and money an traffic jams - It's disaster and heroism and paper clips and knowing when to breathe - It's flirting and tasting and curiosity - It's fast and it's slow and it's rising and falling - It's every moment - Every hope - Every dream - Every piece of the cosmic puzzle. It's life. And it's yours.

Judging from what is going on now with Anon, critics, and bigtime lawsuit problems ... judging from what Jax wrote regarding these campaigns ... also, figuring in the cost of a major TV ad/pr campaign ... this may be akin to December 1944, the final German offensive, known as the Battle of the Bulge. If the OG/Anon can hold the line, i.e., continue to choke off the supply of new recruits inspite of the ad campaign ... the PR campaign should be the last gasp.

Part of what should happen is a campaign of letter writing to any TV station that runs these ads. One possible technique would be to threaten the OTHER sponsors of a given TV show unless the Scilon ad is pulled.

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:17 am 

Gumbythetruth wrote:
And on that note. If you have seen the recent HULU TV spots with Alec Baldwin, they hit the nail right on the head.

Yes, television has turned our brains(or at least mine) to gelatinous goo, easily sucked up by those HULU aliens.

Mom was right!

That's why you do bong hit first bruddah! :D It immunizes you to the Sociopathic Hubbard Information Tech that the scilons put out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:12 am 

I just saw one for Values.com, Foundation for a Better Life. I'd never heard of either before, but Googling it gave all the info I needed. (I'd heard of ABLE, but that specific name was new to me.)

The ad was one of those same vague, family love show: a girl is sitting with her father in hospital, cuts to her wedding and walking down the aisle, cut to pushing a kid on a swing. At the end, they give the Values.com info. (I hope I'm remembering correctly, there have been a number of similar ads by these "homo novii" littering my airwaves.)

The weird thing is they're actually using Scientology.org at the ends of some of their ads! So seeing this threw me. I really hope nobody falls for any of their BS.

“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:07 am 

Here in DC I keep hearing radio ads for "Narconon Arrowhead". I have heard it three times so far, out of maybe 10 hours of listening. The station seems to target the 40 to 50 year old age group. How much air time nationwide are they really buying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:13 am 

Hey scientology! Keep on spending money. Keep on spending money. Spending money. Spending money.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:30 am 

The voice of the narrator is familiar on one of the spots. I kept waiting to be pitched on the Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger. The voice actor doing the Cult commercials has that same snarky, taunting voice as the guy who is pitching for Carl's Jr. I also recall that when I first saw the Psychiatry: Industry of Death museum that I thought of Marie Callendar's restaurant. Except for some blood, spatter, and Nazis, the Industry of Death museum could be a bistro.

If Scientology really wants to learn the master marketing of technology, I recommend that they look at this hyper-confident spot from Rockwell Automation. I wanted to run out and purchase my own Rockwell Retro Encabulator after seeing this spot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

/////

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/