Patrick JOST ~ Robert MINTON

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tigger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Patrick JOST ~ Robert MINTON

Post by Tigger » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:17 pm

Hawala

alt.religion.scientology
Date: Fri, Mar 19, 2004, 2:22pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-
dyn/A3616-2001Dec19

Fascinating article about hawala, a non-traditional form of transfering money. A famliar person is mentioned :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's gotta be Patrick Jost. :-(

(snip)

quote:

William Wechsler, who chaired Clarke's working group on terrorist finances, said that by January 1999, his group identified informal, unregulated money transfers "as being a really significant problem." The principal concern was a type of channel originating in the Middle East and South Asia, called hawala, from the Arabic word for "change" and the Hindi word for "trust."

Hawala offered a method of transferring money across international borders without physically moving it, relying on trusted partners on each side. To send money to Pakistan, for example, a person could hand cash dollars to a tea shop owner in Brooklyn. The shop owner would call a relative in Pakistan with instructions, and the relative would pay out the sum in rupees at the other end.

Hawala appeared to create a vulnerable point of entry for al Qaeda operational funds into the United States. White House officials could find no government agency willing to police it.

As it happened, FinCEN had one of the world's preeminent experts. Patrick Jost, a jazz musician whose Virginia vanity license tag reads "HAWALA," spoke Gujarati, Hindi and Urdu. He had teamed with Interpol's senior authority to write a primer on alternative remittance systems. But when U.S. law enforcement agencies approached him for advice on monitoring the shadowy transactions, Jost's managers instructed him to decline.

Director James Sloan and chief of operations Connie Fenchel, he said, "did not want FinCEN to pursue this line of work." Made to feel unwelcome, Jost left government in June 2000.

end of quote

Some more history:

In 2001 Jost pops up as an employee of Robert Minton, the LMT and/or Stacy Brooks. He made several trips to Europe with Minton apparently to help Minton handle his "money problems".

In February 2002, Brooks contacts Mike Rinder to make a deal with Scientology.

During a 35-day hearing in 2002, instigated by Scientology and Minton to get Ken Dandar, lawyer for the Estate of Lisa Mcpherson disbarred and/or to kill the Lisa Mcpherson wrongful death suit, it is revealed that Minton is probably guilty of perjury, money laundering and tax evasion. That, apparently, Mike Rinder, Scientology's Office of Special Affairs. has uncovered Minton's money laundering/tax evasion due to Minton's questionable tactics of using a front man (the FatMan) and unsuspecting others to play shell games with his money via donations, loans, etc.

Rinder and Monique Yingling make a secret deal with Minton and Brooks to keep silent about his (Minton's) money transfers if Minton and Brooks will help the "church" get Ken Dandar disbarred, and to kill the Lisa McPherson wrongful death suit.

Does anybody know if Patrick Jost, the money laundering expert, is still an employee of Robert Minton?

Tigger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MINTON'S LAMENT

Trouble's got me drinkin',
Stacy's got me thinkin'
Up more lies to tell,
So we won't go to jail.

Once I was Top Man on the Totem Pole,
Now Stacy & Rinder have me in a deep, dark hole.
Oh Lord, not even Patrick Jost can get me out.
No matter how many times we sue, lie, and shout.

I've exposed all my sins,
And betrayed all my friends.
Cheating and lying ain't cool.
Oh Lord, I've been such a fool.

Once I was a Hero,
Now I'm a Zero.
Oh Lord, Life's a bummer,
Please dear Lord, don't let me get any dumber.
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Tigger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Tigger » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:01 am

Wow....I didn't know Patrick Jost, the U.S. Trassury money-laundering expert was an ex-scientologist. This is he, isn't it?

Inside Scientology: First-Person Accounts
http://www.spaink.net/cos/mpoulter/sods/jost.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I found this one even more fascinting.....

I know, I know, it's written by Scientology....
but they make Jost sound like a double-crossing double agent. Was he? Does anybody know where Jost is now?

And what is even more fascinating is the removal of the name "Robert Minton", who now is just "an American anti-religionist, on whose behalf Jost has made several business trips to European countries." Guess that's part of Minton's thirty pieces of silver.

Tigger

Patrick Jost - Page 1
http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/ex ... jost1.html Changed:11:15 PM on Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Page 2

Jost denied receiving payment from any anti-Church element during the investigation, yet almost immediately upon resigning from the Treasury Department went to work for an American anti-religionist, on whose behalf Jost has made several business trips to European countries.

Partick Jost in Geneva

The Treasury Department's investigation into Patrick Jost appears to have been triggered by an apparent attempt on Jost's part to sell information to a Scientology parishioner's website regarding certain anti-Church extremists. Regarding whether Jost's intention was to profit twice from his associations, or attempt to entrap parishioners, an FOIA document authored by Treasury agents reveals the following:

"The intent of these messages was to solicit business from the Church in order to provide them with information regarding individuals engaged in anti-Church activities."

(snip)

Page 4

The following Internet Relay Chat (IRC) logs were posted to an anti-religious newsgroup frequented by extremists mentioned in this article. These logs further confirm Jost's connections to extremists such as Jeff Jacobsen, Arnie Lerma and Keith Henson.

Legend:
BigOT = Jeff Jacobsen
myuustsu & myuutsu = Patrick Jost
hkhenson & hkh2 = Keith Henson
StilNoOTs = Arnaldo Lerma
[05:21] watashi wa patrickjost
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Return to “Opinions & Debate”