A Sad Life for a Hollywood Rich Kid in the S.O.: Tommy Davis

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
mr_bad
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A Sad Life for a Hollywood Rich Kid in the S.O.: Tommy Davis

Post by mr_bad » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:21 pm

Janet Reitman writes in the Rolling Stone Article: Inside Scientology
Davis, 33, helps run the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood and is the scion of one of California's real estate dynasties. He freely admits to being a Hollywood rich kid. He dresses in Italian suits, drives a BMW and is addicted to his Blackberry. "I have enough money to never work a day in my life," he says.

But Davis, who calls L. Ron Hubbard "the coolest guy ever," works for the church as a nonuniformed member of the Sea Organization, the Church of Scientology's most powerful entity. Sea Org members staff all of the senior ecclesiastic positions in the church hierarchy, and the top members have exclusive authority over Scientology's funds. In a nod to the group's nautical beginnings, Sea Org members were required to wear naval-style uniforms, complete with epaulets for "officers," until several years ago.

That was the PR version of Tom Davis. Here is the real life version of Tommy Davis' life according to Dr. Shannon.
Anyway, about a week or so after I got there, some more "new" EPFers showed up. One of them was Tommy Davis, from CC Int. He told me he had been the VP at CC Int. I didn't know any better than to ask questions (after all, isn't Grade O supposed to make you able and willing to communicate?), so I asked what he was doing in the EPF at FLAG. He said he "got busted". I persisted in my questioning, and he said that he had "fucked up on Tom Cruise's lines", but wouldn't say any more than that. He told me he had been in the SO since he was 16 or 17 (I'd guess him at 30-32 years old now). I thought this was a rotten way to treat someone that loyal. I asked him what his intentions were, and he said he was going to do whatever it took to go back on his post, as that was what he wanted to do in life. He sounded like a robot, almost, when he said it. This also started putting some cracks in the armor, as doubt crept in for me.

Tommy was a hard-working, really nice kid. He was raked over the coals. He was forced to stay up until 2 AM scrubbing out dumpsters while RTC watched. He had to get up at 6 AM and do our laundry. He was told "You'd BETTER be sessionable!" (WTF???) He was taken into "session" for FPRD, to "pull his overts and withholds". He was dragged out in front of the rest of us by his hair, by RTC, who told us that he had spread lies about being an important staff member, and that we shouldn't believe him.

For a few days Tommy was put into my "unit" (work group) at the Sherwood Gardens Apartments. He busted his butt, was a great worker, and a nice guy. The EPF I/C pulled me aside and told me to "make sure I gave him the worst and hardest jobs" and tried to get me to say that he was a slacker. I said, no, he's a great worker.

A couple of times Tommy asked me to borrow some money. I had brought plenty of cash, and was smart enough not to give it to the EPF I/C, as you are told to do. I had no problem lending him some if he needed it. I had actually forgotten all about it, but after he got out of the EPF and was being allowed to follow the VP at the AO around, he paid me back.

After I left I found out that he is Ann Archer's son! What a truly sad thing, to sacrifice your kids to the SO!! What a position it puts them in. And such a waste of a great guy. I sure hope he gets out.

More and more SO members who had been there for a long time started appearing in the EPF. There were some really great people that I enjoyed working with. One thing I see now is that in order to survive such treatment, you have to have a sense of humor and develop a "spirit of play"- BUT REALLY, YOU'RE JUST LYING TO YOURSELF.
It's interesting to compare and contrast the 2 lives of Tommy Davis. On one hand, we have the upbeat well groomed PR version of Tommy Davis, and on the other, we have the DM lacky who gets whipped and jerked around for not performing as he was told.

This is always the case in $cientology. There is always an incredibly obscene sadism going on when no one is looking--or at least when they think no one is looking.

It's sad when you think that this guy Tommy Davis could actually be a nice guy, but he's wasting his life in away in a cult where he gets treated like trash.

Tommy Davis could probably be a producer like his dad Terry Jastrow; making important films that are actually changing things in this world for the better instead of shilling for a cult that uses and abuses people.

I find all this ironic because later in the article Janet Reitman and Tommy Davis continue their discussion:
Davis says Scientology gets little credit for the success of its social-betterment programs, which include Narconon and also literacy and educational programs. "Look around," says Davis. "People are out here busting their butt every day to make a difference. And one guy who leaves because he wants to go to the movies gets to characterize the whole organization? That sucks."

Scientologists do not look kindly on critics, particularly those who were once devout. Apostasy, which in Scientology means speaking out against the church in any public forum, is considered to be the highest form of treason. This is one of the most serious "suppressive acts," and those who apostatize are immediately branded as "Suppressive Persons," or SPs. Scientologists are taught that SPs are evil -- Hitler was an SP, says Rinder. Indeed, Hubbard believed that a full 2.5 percent of the population was "suppressive."
At what point does Tommy Davis wake up? Getting jerked around by his hair, sleep deprivation, forced interogations, and demeaning labor all in the name of Total Freedom. If they can call speaking out against treatment like this apostasy, then call me an apostate.

In all honesty, if Tommy Davis wants to know why apostates are attacking $cientology all he needs to do is read this post. He needs word clear Total Freedom, and then, he needs to word clear Fascist State. Then he needs to make up his mind about what he's really doing there in the Sea Org.

If people read this post, and they will read this post, they're going to know he's full of shit. He's full of shit the same way Mike Rinder, Guillame Lesevre, Dan Sherman and Marc Yager are.

All these so-called leaders in $cientology's supposed fight for Total Freedom are DM's bitches. The sooner they realize this the better off they'll all be.

DM is the SP. Anything good that $cientology could have become is lost forever.

mb
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Mog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Mog » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:47 pm

I must say my short spell in the SO killed all my romantic notions and I agree there is another side of the organisation that most public and even non SO staff members never see.

I left very quickly but ever since I have thought that I would not like to live in a world run by scientologists. Not if its anything like the way they run the SO.

I had hoped that it was just that particular place or those particular people but since Ive read all the other stories I have to except no that is how it is.
Mog

Morsicle

Post by Morsicle » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:58 pm

Mog wrote:I must say my short spell in the SO killed all my romantic notions and I agree there is another side of the organisation that most public and even non SO staff members never see.

I left very quickly but ever since I have thought that I would not like to live in a world run by scientologists. Not if its anything like the way they run the SO.

I had hoped that it was just that particular place or those particular people but since Ive read all the other stories I have to except no that is how it is.
And now Mog I encourage your to open you eyes even more. Not just to the notion that $cientology is this great and truthful philosophy that has been co-opted by some bad people, but that the underlying philosophy itself is hogwash.

$cientology is not. Hubbard made it all up. It’s a con. Are you ready to look there?
"What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period."

-[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/penthouse-LRonHubbardJr-interview-1983.htm]L. Ron Hubbard Jr[/url].

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:49 am

I agree with Morsicle and hope that others who have left also come to that realization.

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:42 pm

OK, so, I was hoping some discussion would take place about Tommy Davis.

Oh well.

mb
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

StevenSlaughter

Post by StevenSlaughter » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:55 pm

I was just wondering about the timing of Tom Davis's punishment.
He seems to be very close to Tom Cruise (he was at the wedding) and at the time of the incident (Dr Shannon to confirm! mid 2005?) TC had really screwed up in some outspoken interviews. So was TD advising TC on what to say or even possibly being used as a whipping boy for TC?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipping_boy

As for Tommy Davis's abuse, the only thing i can think of is that he had cocked up (i suppose costing the Co$ money or bad PR is a high crime!) but he saw the light at the end of the tunnel, and must have known that if he stuck with the crap he would get back to the position where he was.
Never believe anything until it has been denied by a $cientologist.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:09 pm

Nice thread, Mr. Bad. It really is sad to see someone throw their life away like this. Apparently he was going to Columbia before he dropped out to join the Sea Org. This is a part of a transcript from a 20/20 show on Scientology:
[video footage at Scn event]

TOM DAVIS (from video, on stage): Hello.

AUDIENCE (in unison): Hi!

[more video footage from Scn event of Tom Davis speaking]

VO: The so-called Celebrity Centre is run by Tom Davis. He's the son of actress Anne Archer, herself a devoted Scientologist for some 20 years. Davis is the face of the new church.

TOM DAVIS: My involvement in Scientology is for my life. This is my life's devotion.

[close-up of LRH bronze bust, camera panning to Tom Davis and his wife Nadine sitting at table outside church]

VO: Davis dropped out of Columbia University as a freshman to join the Sea Organization, where he met his Belgian wife, Nadine.

NADINE DAVIS: For us, it's a crusade. We're like crusaders. We're like knights in knighthood. (laughs) You know, we're like, um, yeah, and it's fun. I mean, it's a fun activity to set men free.

[video footage of Tom and Nadine Davis at literacy class walking down hall with other members; close-up of young child reading book, Nadine and another teacher at table with young child]

VO: The Davises, who work an average of 15 hours a day for around $50 a week, spend much of their time disseminating L. Ron Hubbard's teachings, on this day, at a literacy project in the inner-city neighborhood of Compton.

NADINE DAVIS: I made the decision to forward the aims of Scientology. I actually compare it a little bit like Mother Teresa, you know, who just kind of gives her life to the dedication of setting, you know, helping people, helping the poor and the weak.

[Tom Jarriel walking down steps outside with John Travolta and Kirstie Alley]

VO: Scientologists believe this and not scandal is the real essence of their religion.

JOHN TRAVOLTA: You can look at the beg—origins of almost every religion and the first so many years are, they're attacked. Take a look at every program we've instilled in either local communities, prisons, drug rehabs, I mean, our statistics are through the roof.

TOM JARRIEL (outside AOLA building in Los Angeles): But critics say the church may never be able to gain the mainstream acceptance it seeks as long as it remains tethered to the words and ideas of its controversial founder. L. Ron Hubbard left Scientology not only his religious writings, but a series of controversial directives that appear to advocate threats, intimidation, and even attacks against those he regarded as enemies.

[HCOPL with picture of LRH transposed, with the phrases "Don’t ever defend. Always attack." "The purpose of a (law)suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win." "A church enemy ‘May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."]

VO: Some of Hubbard's writings: "Don't ever defend. Always attack." "The purpose of the lawsuit is to harass and discourage rather than win." A church enemy "may be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

Also, there's this disturbing quote from Tom Davis:
One thing is clear: for Wenner and Cruise, there’s no going back now — especially since Reitman [the writer of the recent Rolling Stone article] has included long, unflattering descriptions of Scientology higher-up Tom Davis, the son of actress and Scientologist Anne Archer.

Davis, 33, is widely known to be Cruise’s best friend and even resembles him. They are inseparable. When Reitman asks Davis what happens to those who leave Scientology, Davis replies: “Then I guess not believing in Scientology means more to them than not seeing their family."

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:22 pm

Steven,

My guess after reading Dr. Shannon's post again, Tom Davis was at Flag around June of '05. It seems to be the time.

I'll bet Dr. Shannon stops by and gives us the specific date.

I'm glib,
"Then I guess not believing in Scientology means more to them than not seeing their family."
Man, did he actually say that? That has about 3 possible meanings--none of them are good! Is he talking about disconnection? It's amazing that he would say something like that in an interview!!

mb

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:10 pm

Yeah, Tommy Davis appears to have drunk his share of the Koolaid.
There was a thread on freekatie.net a while back that claimed he'd been RPF'd along with Leanne Devette, TCs sister who was his PR agent (and was apparently blamed for the PR mess with Oprah and all).

I'm not sure I believe it (if you're not in the Sea Org or on staff, how can you be RPFd?) and the thread no longer exists, but I found this copy of a piece of it.

http://www.tomcruisehq.com/tchq_chalkbo ... 305b52c7fb
"Yea....LeeAnne DeVette was RPF'd after the incident as well. She hasn't been seen anywhere near the GMD since she was fired and I'm told she's no longer welcome in his home. He had to blame someone and so did Co$. Devette and Davis took the fall. I see Tommy is working his way back in, but I've heard that's not the case with his sister. From what I've heard she hasn't even seen Suri.

CCLuv.....I still have friends who are "IN" or who have recently blown. My information comes Co$ sources as well as others who are involved with MTP professionally." - LittleMissPTS

Also, there was talk that he and TC were more than friends, and there was a great picture of them together, but I can't find it. That seemed a little far-fetched, but who knows?

clamdigrr

Post by clamdigrr » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:36 pm

I'mglib wrote:
Also, there was talk that he and TC were more than friends, and there was a great picture of them together, but I can't find it. That seemed a little far-fetched, but who knows?
Far fetched for what reason? People really must release the notion that marriage and children is an indicator of sexual preferences.

If TC is disposed that way, why wouldn't a relationship with someone completely under the cult's thumb be acceptable?

There's no reason for TC to call for wrestling rent-boys and gossip is kept to a minimum and his 'best friend' and possible partner is also the greatest handler they could ask for. Every tryst is more info that ensures any nagging thoughts of walking away fall by the wayside - forget for love or money - it's for love or blackmail.

It sounds like a match made in DM heaven.
Go on now, go,
Walk out the door,
Just turn around now,
'Cause you're not welcome anymore...

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:42 pm

I'mglib,

Thanks for that. I had no idea.

The timing of Dr. Shannon's EPF experience and TC meltdown on Oprah seem to coincide. So, maybe, Tom Davis wasn't RPFed afterall. Maybe, he was just EPFed.

Tom Davis and Tom Cruise more than just friends? hmmmm? From what I know about Tom Davis, I wouldn't be too surprised. I think Tom Davis was married, but I'm not sure if he still is.

If I was Tom Davis, and I got slammed for Tom Cruise's meltdown, I'd be pissed off!!

Also, how does DeVette get RPFed? I didn't think she was even in the S.O. Plus, if Tom Cruise gets his sister thrown into the prison camp RPF, what does that say about Tom Cruise as a brother? What an asshole!!

I like to know more about this fiasco.

mb

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:01 am

clamdigrr,

You brought up an interesting and highly plausable point. Why call up a wrestling rent-boy, when you've got one already "in house"?

Apparently, Tom Cruise was in London during the filming of Eyes Wide Shut, and Tom Davis wasn't accessible. So, TC got desparate and had to go with Big Red. I bet Tom Davis read that Big Red article and got insanely jealous and a huge cat fight ensued.

mb

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:58 am

Mr Bad,

This is an exceptional thread

arnie
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

Dr. Donna Shannon

Post by Dr. Donna Shannon » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:06 am

I routed into the EPF around April 7, 2005. I was there for 3 weeks (or maybe an eternity?). Tommy Davis arrived about a week after I did, and was still in there for a few weeks more.

He was being allowed to follow the VP at the AO around when I was a Solo NOTS D of P, which was mid May-June 2005.

If he is/was Tom Cruise's "best friend", I'm sure that means his job is to prevent Tom from LOOKING at ANYTHING but $cientology. To be his keeper, make sure he stays on a short leash.

Who knows, perhaps they ventured out into the real world? Or discussed something besides the all holy LRH?
"There's a place up ahead and I'm goin'
just as fast as my feet can fly
Come away, come away if you're goin',
leave the sinkin' ship behind." -John C. Fogerty, Creedence Clearwater Revival

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:14 am

Thanks, Dr. D. So that doesn't really work out, datewise.
TC jumped the couch May 23, 2005.
Leanne Devette was fired as TC's publicist around November 8, 2005.
He must have been bad prior to that.
Last edited by I'mglib on Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”