http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2009/09/26/independent-scientologists-community/ wrote:I do know that I have been working on an Ethics paradigm – sometimes referred to as Ethics Program Number One. I do know that I have seen many people rise from apathy and below to 4.0 and above on the Tone Scale as they become de-PTSed from Miscavige’s Church. Most of those people never received a formal session nor even had the opportunity (yet) to meet in person. The several I have met in person tend to confirm my estimate that most folks reporting incredible gains by handling the suppression in their lives are not exaggerating.
Marty's Ethics paradigm, and mandate, includes investigating his area for possible suppressive persons. I'll post LRH ED 39 Int 23 November 1969 Ethics Program No. 1. in the public interest.
This directive provides, among other things, a glimpse at some of the intelligence flows and files inside the organization. Staff files include intel on their connections, such as family members, current and former employers, friends and all significant associates.
Note that there's no target to inform the staff members being investigated. Also note that this is a program for org Ethics Officers. The GO, CMO, LRH Comm, and now OSA and RTC, all have the same function, investigating staff members for out ethics and SPs.
I thought it was also revealing that Hubbard advocates Sec Checks as a reform measure.
Here's a CMO (Commodore's Messenger Org) program that references Hubbard's Ethics Program No. 1:LRH ED 39 INT 23 Nov 69 ETHICS PROGRAM NO. 1 wrote:L. Ron Hubbard
LRH ED 39 INT 23 November 1969
Applies to All Orgs, To All Bases, AOs & SHs
ETHICS PROGRAM NO. 1
To LRH Comms to ACTIVATE
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PROGRAM IS TO GET ETHICS PROTECTION FOR ACTUAL UPSTATS AND PREVENT OPPRESSIVE INFLUENCES ON ORG STAFF MEMBERS.
OBSERVATION: The great majority of staff members are trying to do their jobs. They are impeded when ethics is out in an org.
In 1968 we tended to drop out ethics in the US by granting a moratorium on the US.
We dropped out Sec Checks as a reform measure.
It was commented in Sept. 1969 there were only 3 Ethics Officers on post in all the world.
Stats in some areas are in Danger condition. The second action of this condition is ethics, the first being to handle the situation on a bypass.
Undoubtedly WW is seeking to remedy this situation. However, as the orders below are very standard, nothing in them cancels any WW order and are to be undertaken regardless of any other actions in progress.
MAJOR TARGET: TO GET IN ETHICS IN SCIENTOLOGY ORGS FROM WW ON DOWN TO CITY OFFICES.
1. LRH Comm to see that a full-time ACTING Ethics Officer who can operate an E-Meter, has had good case gain and study record is appointed and on post. IF ONE IS SATISFACTORILY ON POST THE LRH COMM GIVES HIM THESE ORDERS TO EXECUTE AS PRIORITY.
2. LRH Comm to see that the E/O has or does cover the ethics section of the OEC rapidly in addition to handling his post. Until this is done the E/O is to be known as an ACTING E/O. Any E/O who has not covered this OEC ethics section to be known only as "ACTING E/O" until he or she has covered the OEC section on ethics and has proven competent on post.
3. ACTING E/O to be provided with a place to work, ethics folders and a place to file them and lock them up, and materials of the post.
4. ACTING E/O to be posted as such on org board.
5. Sign, ETHICS OFFICER to be placed on desk.
6. LRH Comm to report compliance on above actions 1 to 5.
1. To get ethics in in the org.
2. To help the field with ethics matters.
1. Get a full list of staff members.
2. Make up a folder for each one if none exists or any missing.
3. Checklist for:
a. Case gain.
b. Good study record.
c. TA in no unusual range high or low (above 4, below 2) and needle clean.
d. Good post stats.
e. No current drug history or connections.
f. No past psychiatric history.
g. File any results and full notes and data in the ethics folder of that person.
h. Assign the status of ETHICS UPSTAT by putting a blue tape on each folder to each staff member who passes (a) to (f) above with flying colors and no black marks in connection to (a) to (f) and putting a copy of the Ethics Order in the folder of each person who passed.
i. Issue the full typed list of ETHICS UPSTATS as an Ethics Order for your org, send a copy to your EC, to your Continental EC, to EC WW, Info E/O International and a copy to your nearest OTL for Info of CS-1. On this order also state full number of people in your org.
j. Indicate by despatch via your LRH Comm to LRH Comm WW "Full compliance with Operating Order No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 of Ethics Program No. 1 per LRH ED INT 23 Nov. 69" and enclose a copy of the Upstat Ethics Order you issued.
4. Examine the ethics folders of all those not included in the Ethics Upstat Order.
a. Select the one who got lowest (worst) marks on (a) to (f) (passed the fewest of [a] to [f]).
b. Investigate the person's post for outnesses.
c. Investigate the person's connections prior to Scn.
d. Repeat 4(a) to (c) on any remaining non-upstat personnel you consider on the basis of investigation to be depressing stats by reason of your investigations.
e. Report compliance on Op Order 4 via your LRH Comm to LRH Comm WW.
5. a. Order all those who did not make Upstat and who were not considered any menace, to Review each one with a note for the C/S stating what was found to be out in the general investigation so that it can be remedied. Note the fact in the person's folder. I.e., "Poor study record. Has psychosomatics despite earlier auditing. Has long drug history," etc.
b. Report compliance with Op Order 5(a) via your LRH Comm to LRH Comm WW with a list of those so sent.
6. Survey any org applicants taking the HDC or HDG Course as per new hiring policy letter wherein they are trained free of charge.
a. Do a check as in Order No. 3(a) to (f).
b.Recommend termination of those not making satisfactory progress on the course and who have outnesses as in 3(a) to (f).
c. Require ethics clearance of all future applicants before hiring.
d. Report compliance of 6(a) to (c) via your LRH Comm to LRH Comm WW noting this LRH ED Int.
7. Check over field mission areas of enturbulence.
a. Investigate area for a possible suppressive person.
b. Apply examination as per 3(a) to (f) to the personnel.
c. Inform your org's Mission Officer and Mission Office WW.
d. Report compliance with Op Order No. 7 of this ED.
8. a. Having done all of the above, now OPEN YOUR LINES TO ROUTINE E/O TRAFFIC AND ACTIVITIES FOR THE ORG AS COVERED IN E/O POLICY LETTERS. You have cleaned up any backlog. Your business now is to see that it doesn't occur again.
b. Complete your study of ethics policy letters.
c. Have "Acting" removed from your name on org board.
d. Inform via your LRH Comm, LRH Comm WW with Info HCOES WW that you are fully on post with all backlogs handled.
9. Continue as E/O of your org, handling the routine duties.
ORDERS COMM LINES:
Where "via LRH Comm to LRH Comm WW" occurs include any or all intermediate LRH Comms.
You can only err on comm lines by not informing enough seniors.
If threatened with removal for turning in any adverse report or refusing to make any false report, inform the LRH Comm WW urgently on direct lines.
L. RON HUBBARD
Hubbard, L. R. (1991). The organization executive course. Vol. 1, HCO division. Los Angeles: Bridge Publications.