Will's Scientology Academy has "cleansed" its website

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
antiscn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by antiscn » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:38 am

The website changes need to be bought to the attention of the media..I'm sure some of you guys are already on it ;)

Mewba
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Mewba » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:28 am

Like all good academies going through middle school and high school I would expect a basic course like human psychology 101 covering well known giants in the field of psychiatry such as Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Abraham Maslow etc.

It would be great if some very well prepared people down there in L.A. could picket to alert the parents that scientology is being sneaked in (snuck?) under false pretenses. I'll bet it would attract some media attention.
Last edited by Mewba on Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Hubbard's the kind of person that would just as soon tell a lie as tell the truth.
--Me

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:46 pm

"I am not a Scientologist" could mean "I am a follower of Dianetics but technically I don't call myself a Scientologist because I have not done X. If I did X, I would be a Scientologist." This would be hiding behind rigid definitions.

Or it could mean, "I had an auditing session and blabbed my innermost secrets, and now I'll do or say anything to prevent my children and ticket-buying fans from knowing those secrets." This would be fear of blackmail.

Vled

Post by Vled » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Did anybody watch the Jonathan Ross show with Will Smith as a guest the other night?

J.Ross asked an interesting question...which Will Smith kind of dodged:

J.R. (paraphrasing): Do you ever get angry? What do you do to get over it...how do you process it?

Maybe reading too much into it, but it sounded to me like he was trying to get something out of him without bringing it up straight out...

RealityWillTell

Post by RealityWillTell » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:06 pm

Here is another article today questioning the school's affiliations:

Will Smith's School NOT Scientologist

This statement just reeks of scientology:

According to the Los Angeles Times, study technology "focuses on students gaining hands-on experience, mastering subject matter before moving to the next level, and being taught not to read past words they don't understand."

Kilia

Post by Kilia » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:15 pm

For memory refreshment:
------------------------------------------
New Village Academy Teachers
==========================

Tara Avadis- Employee Teacher

Jana Batabunde-Bey - Director Executive director

Andrea Beckham -Employee Education enrichment program supervisor

Sigrid Burket -Employee Director of qualifications

Mariappan Jawaharlal -Employee Teacher

Tasia Jones -Employee Director of learning

Carol Anne McGuire -Employee Teacher

Natalie Nourian -Employee Teacher

James Oliver -Employee Teacher

Jacqueline Olivier -Director Head of school

Marcia Perkins -Employee Teacher

Leonard Purnell -Director Curriculum coordinator

Sisu Raiken -Employee Teacher

Carolyn Roberts - Employee Teacher

Ricky Starr -Employee Head chef

Tracy Wagner -Employee Teacher

Keisha Washington -Director Director of communications and operations

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Defamer:
a number of L. Ron Hubbard-advanced learning concepts in the curriculum: among them, the meaninglessly designated "study technology" programme for effective and complete child mind-absorption. The Smiths—still not public with their Scientology affiliations—claim to only be committed to creating "an ideal educational environment." But Carnegie Mellon University professor David S. Touretzky, who has dissected study technology like a rusty E-meter and found it to be about as useful, warns parents away from this particular learning institution, lest they want to find themselves helping with homework essays entitled, "What I Did on My Billion-Years of Servitude Vacation."
Defamer, which links to LA Times article, Scientology is focus of flap over Will Smith's new school jokes that parents
could "actually come visit your son or daughter floating in our Subaqueous I.Q.-Infusion Tanks" at mid-semester break.
from
Not An Indoctrination Center

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:06 pm

Perez Hilton: Xenu Factory!
Dr. Touretzky says:
children are inculcated with Scientology jargon and are led to regard L.R. Hubbard as an authority figure. They are laying the groundwork for later bringing people into Scientology."
Perez concludes:
If the critics are right, why do you have to be all shady, Will?
from http://perezhilton.com/2008-06-30-zenu-factory

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:37 pm

They HAVE TO say the school is secular.

If they are using L. Ron Hubbard Study Tech (which they are, come on, it's all over their own website) then they're likely a licensed Applied Scholastics School. Applied Scholastics touts LRH Study Tech in schools as a SECULAR appplication/technique by L. Ron Hubbard.

They have to keep their party line in; their story straight.

Applied Scholastics = secular.

So Will Smith is defending that position. He has to.

Applied Scholastics wants to infiltrate every school system in the USA (and in the world), gets tutors out there using it, etc. etc. They CANNOT do that if they say they are religious. You know the old separate of church and state line... they cannot be religious and get into the USA public school systems.

Corporate Scientology wants to say they are religious. So in order to export their founder's Study Tech outside of Scientology's boundaries, they had to set up a separate corporate entity, Applied Scholastics, and say it is secular.

Of course we know better. But they have to keep repeating their party line.

If LRH Study Tech worked well, then it would be in use all over the world. But it isn't. Everywhere it's been tried, it was dumped. It only works well in a cult atmosphere where the purpose of it is to keep you indoctrinated, brainwashed, thought-controlled and meek.

The indoctrinated Scientologist BELIEVES it works and PROMOTES it to others as a solution to illiteracy and poor learning. It is Corporate Scientology that knows it is a recruit line for Scientologists and encourages its members to spread LRH Study Tech outside of the Scientology "religion".

Having read the other stated goals of New Village, it probably won't be long before it's discovered by the non-Scientologists there that LRH-brand Study Tech is inhibiting the school's goals. The school will either be disbanded, or will shed it's Applied Scholastics mantle. In the meantime, Will Smith will deny to the hills that the inclusion of LRH Study Tech makes his school "religiously" affiliated with Scientology.

Instead of trying to prove that his school is "religious", just show it's connected with Scientology. Dump the religion crapola.
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

WhiteTrashMessiah

Post by WhiteTrashMessiah » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:06 pm

The list of staff at the "Academy":
  • Tara Avadis- Employee Teacher

Jana Batabunde-Bey - Director Executive director

Andrea Beckham -Employee Education enrichment program supervisor

Sigrid Burket -Employee Director of qualifications

Mariappan Jawaharlal -Employee Teacher

Tasia Jones -Employee Director of learning

Carol Anne McGuire -Employee Teacher

Natalie Nourian -Employee Teacher

James Oliver -Employee Teacher

Jacqueline Olivier -Director Head of school

Marcia Perkins -Employee Teacher

Leonard Purnell -Director Curriculum coordinator

Sisu Raiken -Employee Teacher

Carolyn Roberts - Employee Teacher

Tracy Wagner -Employee Teacher

Keisha Washington -Director Director of communications and operations
Known Scilons in list:
EDIT TO ADD NEW CROSS REFERENCE DATA!
https://teachercred.ctc.ca.gov/teach...licSearchProxy

These are the limitations of the search:
Public school, not charter, list of certified teachers
Credentials issued before 1989 may not be on the list.

Tara Avadis- Not listed, no teaching credential found

Jana Batabunde-Bey – Not listed, no teaching credential found

Andrea Beckham –Not listed, no teaching credential found

Sigrid Burket – Not listed, no teaching credential found

Mariappan Jawaharlal –Not listed, no teaching credential found

Tasia Jones – Not listed, no teaching credential found

Carol Anne McGuire –Not listed, no teaching credential found

Natalie Nourian – Not listed, no teaching credential found

James Oliver FOUND: James Ronald Oliver, Clear Single Subject Teaching Credential (exp: 03/01/2011, iss: 03/01/2006).
“This credential authorizes the holder to provide the following services to limited-English-proficient pupils: (1) instruction for English language development in grades twelve and below, including preschool, and in classes organized primarily for adults; and (2) specially designed content instruction delivered in English in single-subject-matter (departmentalized) courses as authorized on this document. This crosscultural, language and academic development authorization also covers classes authorized by other valid, non-emergency credentials held, as specified in Education Code Section 44253.3.”

Single Subject licensed to teach: Crosscultural, Language, & Academic Development Emphasis, Physical Education (Examination)

Jacqueline Olivier –Not listed, no teaching credential found

Marcia Perkins – Not listed, no teaching credential found

Leonard Purnell – Not listed, no teaching credential found

Sisu Raiken – Not listed, no teaching credential found

Carolyn Roberts – FOUR LISTINGS FOUND under this name, no way to tell if one is her.

Tracy Wagner –No listing, no teaching credential found

Keisha Washington – No listing, no teaching credential found

These are listings for teachers who registered to work in public schools in the past and present, and what their current license credentials are. This list does not include unregistered teachers which may teach at charter schools, and I’ve no idea how typical it is to hire people completely without registered credentials or where to check them.
Last edited by WhiteTrashMessiah on Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAYHEM. MUTINY. ENTURBULATION.

"GMs aren't allowed to tell you but the bridge quest is bugged. Even after you complete all the objectives, it stays on your quest list and you keep losing money. Only way to stop it is to log out and uninstall."

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:43 pm

Jossip: Will Smith has ...
been involving himself with the Tom Cruise scene, which means of course that he’s basically a raving Scientologist trying to hold in his inner homo, because that’s what the cult is about, right?
(snip)
The school’s much-invoked mantra is “Spiral Up.” Whether the Smiths know it or not, and I suspect they do, the word “spiral” is very much a part of the Scientologists’ lexicon.
from
School Sounds like Scientology Training Camp

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:32 am

Defamer:
Surprisingly, there were no classes called "Worshiping Overlord Xenu" or "Releasing Your Inner Engram."
http://defamer.com/397688/is-will-smith ... vil-robots

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:06 am

**** BREAKING NEWS ****

What if Sony and Will Smith's worst fears were realized and there was a Viral Anonymous Internet Firestorm all over the internet that called for a boycott of Hancock this weekend due to Will's involvement in Scientology? While Smith denies being a Scientologist, his willingness to indoctrinate the children who are captive at his school into Scientology sure as hell argues that Will and Jada Pinkett Smith are Crypto-Scientologists. What kind of man forces children to learn and use Scientology under the pretense of education? Will Smith is despicable in this regard. Those poor children will have no choice once their parents send them to Will and Jada's phony "secular" school. Now is the time and place to call Will Smith to account where it matters: His pocketbook. How much of his earnings from Hancock will find its way into Scientology's bank account?

I can tell you this: Sony and Will Smith are scared of Anonymous right now. I learned this through Hollywood insiders. This explains many things that Plups and others have discussed on this thread.

Plups, you may not realize what your thread here has done. Your thread has been very widely read in powerful places by powerful people. You have shaken up some Scientologists, Crypto-Scientologists, and their supporters. Congratulations!

Will Smith is usually so PR savvy. So why did announce his "Scientology School" so close to the release of his new movie Hancock? People in Hollywood are asking if Will Smith has any language in his Hancock contract with Sony that punishes the actor financially if his "personal beliefs" harm the expected earnings of the movie.

Is there indeed a "Scientology Clause" in Smith's contract? I ask because "Hancock" reportedly cost Sony ~$150 million to produce and about $70 million for the ad campaign. That is $220 million and now Sony execs are obviously wringing their hands over the immense amount of negative publicity that is being generated by the "Will Smith "Scientology School" story.

Intense pressure from Sony execs is said to be the reason that Will Smith immediately changed the website of his new school. I can tell you that Sony did read Plups' thread here at Xenu.net and has a team monitoring the internet. I personally suspect that Google -- the firm notorious for manipulating YouTube in favor of big cash customers such as Scientology -- is not Googling correctly right now in terms of Will Smith and Scientology. Go look at Google's odd behavior. Go look at YouTube. It does not look right to me, but I am far from an expert here. It's just that when it comes to Scientology, big studios, and big actors, I look for hidden hands manipulating the crap out of everything.

Will Smith's summer tentpole Hancock opened on June 30, buts its expected monster weekend in the US is the major July 4th weekend a scant three days from now here in Hollywood.

The buzz around Hollywood is that Will Smith and the producers of Hancock are extremely scared right now. Hancock has been savaged by movie critics and the specter of Scientology hangs all over Will Smith.

The Smith Camp is afraid that Anonymous will stage Flash Raids at theaters where Hancock is playing this weekend. The Smith Camp apparently scaled back the school's website in hopes that Anonymous will not attempt to inform movie goers about Will Smith's new "Scientology School." Xenu forbid that this should happen!

What if Sony's worst fears were realized and there was a viral firestorm all over the internet that called for a boycott of Hancock this weekend?

Scientology Post-Anonymous is struggling in the extreme. If there is another Anonymous Internet Wildfire that makes Hancock a referendum on Scientology in the same way that Tom Cruise's MI:3 was a referendum on the Cult, Anonymous will make huge global news.

/////
Last edited by J. Swift on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

Evil Zoe

Post by Evil Zoe » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:10 am

I heard the movie described by one of my friends who saw it as more 'cock' than 'han', whatever that means. I think he meant to say that it really sucked.

It might just bomb on its own lack of merit, although that might get atttributed to the whole Scientology flap with anonymous.
[img]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh50/EvilZoe/bug.gif[/img]

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:22 am

Evil Zoe wrote:I heard the movie described by one of my friends who saw it as more 'cock' than 'han', whatever that means. I think he meant to say that it really sucked.

It might just bomb on its own lack of merit, although that might get atttributed to the whole Scientology flap with anonymous.
Who knows Evil Zoe? But Will Smith could be the next to be "TomCruised." To be "TomCruised" is to experience massive and stacked container loads of FAIL due to Scientology.

There is just a lot of buzz on Will Smith right now. The theater owners need Hancock to be big in a down economy. Sony needs Hancock to be big to help offset its three billion dollar PS3 losses. Scientology needs Hancock to be big so that it has a viable superstar to replace Tom Cruise for PR duties. Let's face it: Juliette Lewis, Kirstie Alley, and Jenna Elfman just can't cut it as Spokesthetans.

////

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

Return to “Opinions & Debate”