Is the FDA about to give Scientology a legal stress test?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AngryGayPope

Is the FDA about to give Scientology a legal stress test?

Post by AngryGayPope » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:32 am

I spoke recently with a Scientology "fifth columist" who excitedly told me some news regarding the e-meter and stress tests. The cult barely squeaked by their last run in with the FDA regarding the tech but they told the gov't that they would agree to limit it's use. A plaque would have to be put on the meter saying it was for relgious use only. Of course they stuck that plaque on the bottom and I saw one covered with a white adhesive address label.

So my source tells me that the problem is that the cult broke even more promises to the FDA. The meters are only supposed to be used in a religious setting, auditing. That auditing must be done by a competent sci of at least a certain rank.

Instead they are setting up stress test tables on street corners manned by sea org grunts. These people then diagnose stress without a license, conduct religious counseling in a nonreligious setting and claim it is all science fact. They don't mention scientology, they deny that the stress test is scientology.

"That's why Moxon isn't piddling around with your little protest lawsuits anymore. He has the gov't on his back now." says my source. "There are so many videos made by you and others on Youtube showing Scientology breaking it's promise to the FDA that I wouldn't be surprised if you are called as a witness Pope!"

Almost all big donors to scientology have apparently quit. To deal with the looming legal challenges Scientology will next, according to my spy, bring back the "Legal Warchest Fundraiser". That may have happened already. They apparently used this in their anti-IRS days. Geez, they have so many fundraisers already they will have to probably bump a current event to make room for this new regging gimmick.

My source says "I can't predict the future but if something is going to happen there will be big news by the last two weeks of April. It will get a lot of attention just in time for your Delphi Schools trial (scheduled in mid-May)." My source didst further opine: "There is a sense that something is going on in the orgs. That everybody knows there is something going on."

A hilarious example of me getting a stress test is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D0B0-OjDXA
In other news the spy told me "For some reason Tommy Davis HATES being called a 'wacko'. I don't know why."

In our discussion I mentioned that cult lawyer Kendrick Moxon (http://www.kendrickmoxon.com) is thought to be in Clearwater. "Probably getting sec checked out the ass" my source opined.
Last edited by AngryGayPope on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wieber
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Is the FDA about to give Scientology a legal stress test

Post by Wieber » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:10 am

In other news the spy told me "For some reason Tommy Davis HATES being called a 'wacko'. I don't know why."
Scientology is supposed to be able to help with that.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

operatingwog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by operatingwog » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:57 pm

AngryGayPope wrote:My source says "I can't predict the future but if something is going to happen there will be big news by the last two weeks of April. It will get a lot of attention just in time for your Delphi Schools trial (scheduled in mid-May)." My source didst further opine: "There is a sense that something is going on in the orgs. That everybody knows there is something going on."
'There is something going on in the orgs'.

Wot doz it mean?

What is this big news that cannot be predicted to happen during the last 2 weeks of April? What does it have to do with the Delphi Schools trial? Or e-meters?
“These guys are crazy. And all of this shit is straight out of the L. Ron Hubbard playbook. That’s their scriptures. They say they’re not a turn-the-other-cheek religion. No. They’re a knock-you-down-and-kick-you-in-the-balls religion.” Jason Beghe

AnonyMary

Post by AnonyMary » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 am

AGP, that video is hilarious! Good job!!

As far as the FDA thing, I saw that Greg Staton's 2006 petition to investigate lack of warnings on the E-Meter regarding harmful effects was finally reviewed in full and denied in 2008.

09/19/2006 2006P-0390 Jerry Staton/Order the Church of Scientology to

clearly disclose the potential health hazards inherent in the use of the

E-meter and Scientology's practice of "auditing" Interim Response

03/16/2007
http://www.fda.gov/RegulatoryInformatio ... 090522.htm

FDA Office of Policy Response Letter to Jerry Staton - Petition Denial
http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDe ... -0454-0002

Seeing your post here reminded me of them and after re-reading them, it seems to me that showing CoS using these e-meters for stress tests (your video and others) and 'I am not auditing you' sec checks may well be what has been getting them investigated. If not, certainly someone should petition showing the misuse.

Staton had a good idea to complain to the FDA but his premise was not backed up with enough data to prove the case. Showing the misuse would have been easier. I still give him an A for effort. I just hope someone has since petitioned or complained.

I am looking forward to reading what is to happen in April. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Mary
Mary McConnell, is my nom de plume. I help expose the Narconon scams, help victims and document the fraud. Google Narconon scam.
What is Scientology all about? Visit 'Reaching For The Tipping Point'
http://www.forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:17 am

The Scilons have also implied the E-meter stress test is effective on the living dead.

ImageImage

These hilarious photos are from a 2007 zombie flash mob at the Powell Street BART station in San Francisco... now a favorite hangout for Anons.

smileforever/focalmatte ... 514441499/

sekh

Post by sekh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 pm

The video was SWEEET!
"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."
Sir Karl Popper (1902 - 1994)

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Next time, while the CoS staff is setting up the e-meter, ask how long they've worked in this place (act naive and don't use jargon like "the org."), and act interested in working there - ask about how much training it took her. If she just started, and had a couple of hours of training, that's hardly a religious worker that is the only type allowed by the FDA to use an e-meter. Of course, she may lie to exaggerate her experience.

Next time anyone gets a moment alone with the e-meter, play with it and just happen to flip it over to look for the "this is a religious device" label.
If the lable is not there, ask when they come back if they know they're practicing medicine without a license.
If it's there, ask if this is a religious situation. They'll use their vague weasel word "spiritual" but ask them, "is it religion, yes or no."
That video was brave, AGP, but I worry about the legal problem of audio recordings without consent.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”