Protester Doug beaten by LAPD @ Hwd Chrismas Parade 2011

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
AngryGayPope

Concussion fear?

Post by AngryGayPope » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:27 am

Mark/Doug tells me he hasn't slept in two days because he fears he has a concussion. He is going to check it out.

marklowell

Re: Concussion fear?

Post by marklowell » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:54 am

I had a CT scan of my skull. I was told I have a skull fracture from what LAPD did to me.

Don Carlo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hollywood Chrismas Parade 2011

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:32 am

"What to do if you are stopped by Police" by the American Civil Liberties Union is good advice for anyone picketing Scientology. http://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform-imm ... -do-if-you

Sponge
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sponge » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:11 am

marklowell wrote:I had a CT scan of my skull. I was told I have a skull fracture from what LAPD did to me.
Omg! Do keep us updated. Take care of yourself mate.

Smurf

Re: Hollywood Chrismas Parade 2011

Post by Smurf » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:39 am

Sponge wrote:The thing that stuns me is that you are probably the most benign protester out there. In fact, especially in this case, I'd use the term "observer" rather than protester. Geez, talk about disproportionate reaction to.....erm... I don't know what they thought they were reacting to.
Because Doug is a dangerous individual, in their eyes. He has been tied to past attempts questioning the legitimacy of Scilons getting street permits from the City close down public streets & sidewalks to hold their events. He has met with public officials regarding this issue. Also, unlike many protesters that are on the boards (monitored by OSA), we plan our raids oepnly, effectively giving the cult the heads-up of when & where we are going to protest. Doug doesn't do this.

They were expecting us on Sunday night. Andy was aware of the Facebook posting that anti created.. where I responded I was going to be at the HGB. Lynn Fountain-Campbell was the only other person to respond.. that she would join me at the HGB after she got off work.

There are, obviously, past issues between Doug & the cult that I am unaware of because the Scilons truly hate Doug. When I was talking to Andy & Franck Sunday night, they kept asking me where Doug was, convinced we were together. Andy mentioned that Doug & Tory had shown up to protest last September which caused some waves.

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:50 am

marklowell wrote:I had a CT scan of my skull. I was told I have a skull fracture from what LAPD did to me.
Doug.. you need to consult with an attorney on this and seek legal remedies for this wrong. You cannot straddle the fence and blame cops for unnecessarily roughing you up and then thanking the LAPD for their "courtesy and professionalism." Clearly, what they did to you Sunday night was neither courteous nor professional.

The strength of any legal case is how upfront and attentive you are to the case.. this is something you have to be 150% contributory to. Relying on the LAPD to satisfactorily resolving this matter, on your half, is delusional. The fact that you would question the acts of police officers, in general, makes you adversarial.

Some anons have raised hell and filed complaints with the LAPD over their treatment of you. There complaints will be ignored because they were not personally involved in the incident. The ball is in your court and you have to run with it. Feel free to use my videos, however, needed.

AngryGayPope

I'm concerned Doug is wobbling on this

Post by AngryGayPope » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:33 am

Dough seems to be in denial about this. He has said things to me, which Smurf has commented on, that are so wishy washy. As if he was not the victim!

When he told me that the handcuffs hurt his hands I said "take a photo of that" and he refused. Someone talk some sense into him and get this evidence!

AngryGayPope

Photos

Post by AngryGayPope » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:23 am

Stills from Smurf's video of the beating incident

LAPD POLICE BRUTALITY
Cult guard Andy Knapp harasses Doug
Kendrick Moxon argues with ex-osa operative Happy Smurf
Ex-cultist Steve Curry argues with cult guard Frank Paolo

daisy

Re: Protester Doug beaten by LAPD @ Hwd Chrismas Parade 2011

Post by daisy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Thank goodness you were there filming.

Loitering at a parade!

Doug, please take care of yourself. You are a victim here.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:32 pm

daisy wrote:Thank goodness you were there filming.

Loitering at a parade!

Doug, please take care of yourself. You are a victim here.
Whatever next? "Possession of an offensive cardigan", "Refusal to hopscotch the cracks in the sidewalk", "Putting too much butter on a scone", "Looking at an 'officer of the lore' in a funny way".

AngryGayPope

Bump

Post by AngryGayPope » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Thread updated with new video info.

Smurf

Re: Bump

Post by Smurf » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:14 am

AngryGayPope wrote:Thread updated with new video info.
Doug also videotaped before he was arrested & roughed up? Where's his video?

Sponge

Re: Bump

Post by Sponge » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:56 am

Smurf wrote:
I don't know Smurf, since it is something that involves the run-up to an event that resulted in a complaint to the police about their actions, he may wish to keep it close to his chest for now. Maybe you can ask him directly, especially since you know him and you were there. Perhaps he just hasn't had time and/or is resting his fractured skull. If he was there a while and took tons of continuous footage then it would probably take a while to sort through.

I hope he's OK.

AngryGayPope

Doug's video

Post by AngryGayPope » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:13 am

Smurf wrote:
I asked him to give me the video but he refused.

marklowell

Post by marklowell » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:21 am

I was in Hollywood yesterday. I stopped by the police station to show them two bruises on my forearms from incident. The sergeant I spoke with wasn't to excited about this new evidence until I told him I told him I had a CT scan and that I was told I had a fractured skull. When he heard that it got his attention. He took another statement from me, photographed my forearms, and he gave me the case file number for the investigation. He said he thought this would most likely be investigated not by the station but by internal affairs at the division level.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”