Freewinds: The asbestos ship of death!!

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
mr_bad
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Freewinds: The asbestos ship of death!!

Post by mr_bad » Thu May 04, 2006 7:51 pm

I would wager 95% of $cientologists don't know their beloved Freewinds isn't allowed into the U.S. because it's riddled with cancer causing blue asbestos!!
Last edited by mr_bad on Thu May 04, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Morsicle
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Morsicle » Thu May 04, 2006 8:04 pm

I think “Expensivewinds� would actually be a more befitting name.

Always wanted to hear more from people who actually served aboard that thing. Particularly since all the press about viral outbreaks on those kinds of boats. Was wondering if anybody was ever there during one, and how $cientologists reconciled such an all too human occurrence with their super-human powers.
"What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period."

-[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/penthouse-LRonHubbardJr-interview-1983.htm]L. Ron Hubbard Jr[/url].

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Thu May 04, 2006 8:16 pm

The Freewinds: Scientology's bridge to lung cancer
http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/freewinds-cancer.htm

See also:

http://www.lermanet.com/scientology/Law ... bestos.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freewinds

An excerpt:

"11. No one on the ship knew anything about asbestos, nor did they care. I thought to myself, the Church has been tricked into buying a cruise ship for $11 million that is a total liability, that is so full of lethal asbestos, the only option is to sink it in deep water. If asbestos remains permanently wet it is not dangerous, it is dangerous when dried out and flaking, releasing fibers in the air that are then breathed in. To me this seemed a daunting, enormous problem. How could the church possibly bring their public parishioners to this ship and expose them to such a hazardous substance. I thought that the legal liability alone would terrify them (As a new Sea Org member I didn't know at this time the scientologists cannot sue the Church).

Around this time Bitty Miscaviage (both Bitty and her husband Ron Miscavige Jr. DMs brother have left the Sea Org) visited the ship. She was the Church executive with overall responsibility for the ship project. I went to her and took copies of the ships blueprints and showed her the full extent of asbestos on the ship. At first she was calm, but as I further explained the dangers, she begun to realize that it was a problem. We had a meeting to discuss the problem of asbestos. Steve Kisacky stated that L. Ron Hubbard doesn't state in policy that asbestos is dangerous; he only states that fiberglass is dangerous and therefore we are only removing the fiberglass. In fact, the dock next to the Freewinds was piled high with fiberglass that had been removed by Sea Org members. It was explained to me that the ship was being remodeled only according to the written policies and "advices" of L. Ron Hubbard. Since Hubbard had been in the US Navy and had then founded the Sea Org and had run a fleet of ships, he knew everything about ships. If asbestos was dangerous, he would have written this somewhere. Also Hubbard knew everything about cancer.

He had written that cancer was caused by the mind and specifically second dynamic aberration (problems with relationships). I was told that people only get sick if they go into "agreement" with being sick. As the ship was going to be filled with "operating thetans" doing the highest level in Scientology (OT 8) nothing was going to make them sick. I was being a "wog"

(non-scientologist) worrying about a little thing like asbestos." From the Affidavit and Declaration of Lawrence Woodcraft.

Stocky

Post by Stocky » Thu May 04, 2006 8:32 pm

Im really curious as to the interior of the ship? Anybody have any pics of the inside of SS (Scientology Scam) Freewinds?

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Thu May 04, 2006 9:44 pm

Here ya go....
Your very own virual tour onboard HMS (Hubbards Morbid Ship) Freewinds....
http://www.scientology.org/p_jpg/world/ ... 1/fsso.htm
[warning Co$ website]

Stocky

Post by Stocky » Thu May 04, 2006 9:50 pm

The CO$ seems to be stuck in the early 90's. The thing looks like it was decorated in 1992! It sorta looks nice but geez, kinda small. The bar just made me giggle but i was impressed with what i think was the captains office? Or is that Mr. Hubbards 2nd comming office?

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator » Thu May 04, 2006 10:24 pm

Ladybird wrote:

that is so full of lethal asbestos, the only option is to sink it in deep water. If asbestos remains permanently wet it is not dangerous,

Anyone with a torpedo or two to spare ??? :lol: Beside it would be demonstrably for the greater good so there should be full agreement on it from $cientology. :wink:
" CULTS ARE SOUL STEALERS "

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Thu May 04, 2006 10:32 pm

Thank you Ladybird.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Thu May 04, 2006 10:37 pm

The Freewinds sends out tons of Promo enticing scientologists to bring their families for a "theta vacation" etc. While trying to find some to post here I found this disgusting peice:

"Scientology

Subject: Freewinds boot-camp(RPF) for kids

This Freewinds promo I received reflects on the problems CoS must have with Scientology teenagers.

I wonder if the irresponsible, filthy rich Scientology parents are using the Freewinds as a dumping ground for their non- conforming , free thinking sons and daughters?

My opinion is that Co$ is very upset that some Scios teenagers are not embracing the new GAT & DM's command intention, Co$ probably threaten the parents with "losing their eternity" if they dont get their kids on the Bridge NOW.

This Co$ promo piece just validates all those posts on ARS about how some teenagers of Co$ staff and public are neglected because the parents are too busy "clearing the planet".

I am sure there is a Sea Org recruiter on board just waiting for the moment a teenager realizes he wants to help mankind, then they get him to join the Sea Org, because the naive teenager does'nt really know what he's getting into, that he will be under total control by the Sea Org, no fun time, no more sex, working 24/7 for little or no pay.

Here's what the glossy little promo piece from Freewinds it says:

"Send your teenager to the Future OT Convention Aboard the Freewinds, We'll Send Them Back to you a Scientologist".

It says:

"This is a unique program available only onboard the Freewinds. It is available for children from age 10 - 19. It takes 2 weeks to complete.

It consists of :

-MEST work on decks to build confront under the supervision of the Freewinds Shipkeeping Division. All jobs are passed by a Freewinds Officer and they must get at least 3 well done passes on their jobs. ( picture of 3 teenage girls swabbing a Freewinds deck)

- Scientology courses to raise ethics and responsibility level.

- 35 hours of "Opening Procedure by Duplication" co-auditing.

- Lifeboat rowing drill as a team, where the whole group learns how to row a lifeboat in unison to a pass from the Captain Freewinds or his deputy.( picture of about 12 youngsters with life vests in a rather large life-boat with 3 sets of oars being given orders by a guy in white shorts, white shirt.)

- 5 LRH public films including "Orientation" film.

- 6 seminars. Covering subjects such as KSW, Ethics & Responsibility, exchange, PTS/SP, Leadership, conditions, and morale.

-They will be berthed together in a 4 shared cabin, receive tough berthing inspections that will rise their personal standards.

In this convention they become real Scientologists and that is what we send back to you.

The "donation" rate for this "convention" is $3,729.60."

deb_thang

Post by deb_thang » Thu May 04, 2006 10:45 pm

Is this ship under the jurisdiction of any particular country? If it's under the U.S.A., would notifying the corresponding health or nautical (or whatever - I'm making this stuff up) authorities be of some help in bringing it under investigation? And perhaps spell DOOM for the Freewinds?

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Thu May 04, 2006 11:24 pm

As far as I know the Freewinds Asbestos Bomb is not allowed in US waters.

http://www.answers.com/topic/freewinds

Tonnage: GT 9780, NT 3699
Length: 119.36 M
Beam: 19.94 M
Draft: 5.74 M
Speed: 20 K
Cruising Speed: 17 K
Capacity: 360 persons
Ship's Registry: Panama

VESSEL ITINERARY
The base port of the vessel is Curacao, and it operates on cruises from the Netherland Antilles to the Southern Caribbean.

marlysfan

Post by marlysfan » Thu May 04, 2006 11:35 pm

I just had to give you props on the title of the thread, mr_bad. My husband and I thought it was hilarious!

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Fri May 05, 2006 12:20 am

Ladybird,

The part they left out of that promo piece is how the their children are going to be facing an unending ruthless recruiter onslaught from the moment they get there till the moment they leave. If they leave without signing a billion contract they will made to feel like out-ethics shitbags.

mb

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Fri May 05, 2006 11:55 am

*bump*
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:06 pm

<bump>

Return to “Opinions & Debate”