Half-Finished 10 Year Old Super Power Building Used as Prop

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
J. Swift

Half-Finished 10 Year Old Super Power Building Used as Prop

Post by J. Swift » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:42 pm

The LRH quote shown above should be applied to the ten-year old half-finished Super Power Building. This empty shell of a buildings that sets rotting under the Clearwater sky offers us evidence of David Miscavige's inability to complete a cycle of action.

The Super Power building and Rundowns have now become a major Scientology PR and Real Estate albatross. While tens of millions of dollars monies have been collected, and continue to be collected, the Super Power project nevertheless remains unfinished. It has been nine years from groundbreaking and no substantial progress has been seen since 2005 when construction was apparently halted. At that time, the property was surrounded by chain link fences and further progress put on hold.

/////
Last edited by J. Swift on Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:46 pm

Based upon quotes and data I gathered using Google, we can see the many milestones in the apparently failed Super Power Building and Rundowns:

1982: The world first hears of the Super Power Rundowns in CoS' 1982 edition of its Technical Dictionary:
"Super Power: A super fantastic, but confidential series of rundowns that can be done on anybody whether Dn Clear or not that puts the person into fantastic shape unleashing Super Power of a thetan. This means that puts Scientologists into a new realm of ability enabling them to create a new world. It puts world Clearing within reach of the future. This is a parallel rundown to Power in Saint Hills which is taken by the Dn Clear. It consists of 12 seperate high power rundowns which are brand new and enter realms of the tech never before approached. Power is still very much in use on the Grade Chart but is for those who didn't go Clear on Dn. (LRH ED 301 INT)".
1991: CoS announces the SP building as part of a "$38-million renovation and construction program in Clearwater."

1994: The initial construction start date of the Super Power Building. The start of construction was pushed back four years until November, 1998.

1995: "Two ex-members say the Super Powers dates back to the 1970's and was originally called the Humongous Rundown."

1996: Before one shovel of dirt is turned at the site, CoS begins aggressive fundraising:
"For $35,000 donated the person is awarded:
1. 40% reduction on the requested donation for Super Power auditing.
2. A special Validation Pin.
3. One's name engraved on a plaque and mounted on a granite wall in the Atrium of the new building.
4. Key and Membership to the Cornerstone Club, a Flag Land Base club exclusively for members.
5. A recognition plaque which attests to the role played in putting the new building there for Super Power and FSO expansion.
6. A confirmed invitation to the ceremony for the laying of the foundation of the new building.
8. [sic] A limited edition 1 oz. pure silver coin."

Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 04:38:04 UTC
Subject: Re: Fact-Free Postings
1998: The groundbreaking ceremony takes place on November 21. This was nine years ago as we are now in November, 2007.

/////

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:58 pm

Groundbreaking took place on November 21, 1998. COB turned some dirt with a tiny gold shovel, which shovel was perhaps later used by Mad Uncle Heber to clean thetan manure from the shit lakes at Int Base:

Here is Tilman Hauser's 2000 photo of Super Power construction underway:

Construction proceeded for many years and then stopped. A large hole, presumably for an elevator shaft, has been left open in the side of the unfinished Super Power Building. The intrepid Buttersquasher Muldrake reported in on the SP Bldg in the now famous and historically valuable photo essay, REPORT FROM SCIENTOPOLIS SEPTEMBER 2005 and showed up the hole in the empty building.

ref: http://buttersquash.net/archives/ybor6.htm
////

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:25 pm

In an August 4, 2006 newspaper article, CoS told the public that the SP Bldg was planned to open in March, 2008:
CLEARWATER -- The Church of Scientology now expects to complete its giant worldwide spiritual headquarters downtown in March 2008, and that will delay a planned $175 million signature development.
ref: http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tampaba ... tory1.html

Three days later in an August 7, 2006 newspaper article, CoS' Ben Shaw told another newspaper that the SP Bldg would be opened by the end of 2007:
...Construction on the Flag Building, also called the Super Power Building, has stalled for years, but Shaw announced in April that it will be finished and open by the end of 2007.

The church expects to add 500 staffers to the 1,400 currently residing in Clearwater. The plan had been to convert the church-owned Oak Cove high-rise on the downtown waterfront into staff housing. It's just two blocks from the Flag Building. But now plans call for Oak Cove to become another hotel space for visiting Scientologists....
ref: http://www.sptimes.com/2006/08/07/Pasco ... sion.shtml

The date of the SP Bldg's opening is beginning to look like the same issue that plagues Christians and their predictions of Christ's Second Coming. Dates come and go and Jesus never returns. Yet the faithful continue to donate money. Likewise, the dates for the opening of the SP Bldg come and go while the Scientology faithful keep donating in hopes of someday opening up their 57 perceptics.

////
Last edited by J. Swift on Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sea Horse
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Oak Cove and Belvedere Apts

Post by Sea Horse » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:46 pm

J. Swift wrote:Three days later in an August 7, 2006 newspaper article, CoS' Ben Shaw told another newspaper that the SP Bldg would be opened by the end of 2007:
...Construction on the Flag Building, also called the Super Power Building, has stalled for years, but Shaw announced in April that it will be finished and open by the end of 2007.

The church expects to add 500 staffers to the 1,400 currently residing in Clearwater. The plan had been to convert the church-owned Oak Cove high-rise on the downtown waterfront into staff housing. It's just two blocks from the Flag Building. But now plans call for Oak Cove to become another hotel space for visiting Scientologists....
Oak Cove building. Yes, they're moving along on that one. Last time I drove nearby, there were 3 Sea Org self-important assholes standing in the middle of the street making all the traffic drive around them. The construction workers they were conversing with were wisely standing out of the street. All three of the young Sea Org men glared at me. My client commented on it. I made sure to brief my client on the entire cult-ness of the Church of Scientology.

I also want to mention the property at 300 Osceola, which is one lot North of the Sandcastle property. It is called Belvedere Apartments. According to my research, this was set up as a co-op (like condos, but you own shares and have an indefinite lease to your unit, rather than purchasing your unit). Within the last two years, all the owners of these units were squeezed out for a purchase for the Church of Scientology. All the leases were "terminated" and on 3/28/2007 the entire building was sold to the Church Of Scientology Flag Svc Org.

All of the Scientologists in the building were "pressured" to sell their shares (their unit) so that the church could have it. Here are some of the name of people (per public record) who owned in this building:

ADAMS LIZ TR
BETES GONZALO
BOLDO MILDRED ACHEVERRIA
DOBIN BART
FEELEY JOHN J
GAIMAN D B
HARRIS PATRICIA
HEINEY MICHEAL
HELLER HUBERT A
JESSUP RICHARD V TR
KERR DAVID L TR
KEYSTONE INVESTMENT INC
MINKOFF HOLDINGS LTD
RITCHIE THOMAS
ROBINSON ALLISON WHITNEY
SERENELLI EILEEN
SHALLIMAR REALTY INVESTMENT INC
SOUKHAREV ANDREI
ZDJELAR MLADEN
ZIMMER MICHAEL S

I recognize several of these as Scientologists. I know of at least one person, Patricia Harris, who was very, very upset at having to sell her unit. After all, she had purchased it to be next door to the Sandcastle and it was an investment, too.

I've been inside this building. The views are stunning because the wall facing the water is a floor-to-ceiling glass wall. It looks like you could just walk off into the water.

Yes, the church pressure-mongers used the angle that they were going to use it for staff housing. Yeah, right! Waterfront property for slave housing... for those who only spend about 6-7 hours per day in their unit... sleeping.

Who fell for that story?

The churchies shouldn't wonder where their donations to the Super Power building went. Let's see... one newly constructed parking garage, one waterfront 13-story apartment building, one 6-story waterfront co-op, two $1million sales of run down shacks (across from the Sandcastle).

Hmmm... I think that oughta spend most of the money. No wonder the Super Power building isn't done. And if it were, the cash cow wouldn't be able to help the CofS buy more downtown real estate.

mr_bad
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mr_bad » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:03 pm

What amazes me is all the real estate remains empty. How many 10s of thousands of square feet go unused I wonder.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Little Bear Victor

Post by Little Bear Victor » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:29 pm

It should be clarified, if anyone is interested in why the building has never been completed, that it could have been completed in construction 5 years ago if there was a SuperPower program to be delivered.

The bug is not the building, the bug is that DM has busted every single person even remotely capable of putting together either the equipment or the materials needed to deliver the rundown years ago, and he himself is the "only one" that is "competent enough" to compile them. Just like he is the only one competent enough to do anything else in Scientology.

The materials cannot be put together as there are no Technical Compilers, no Senior C/S Int Office, hardly any tech trained people left at the top ranks, since the implementation of the "Golden Age of Tech." What does that tell everyone else but DM? -- that there's something seriously wrong. What does that tell DM? -- that there's something seriously wrong with everyone else but himself.

The equipment cannot be put together as the CST Project to the Int Base that was meant to save Scientology (and at the side research, design, build, pilot and finalize the SuperPower equipment) was busted by DM and put under house arrest. What does that tell...?

"SuperPower" must sound really cool for those looking for those lost OT powers. It must be "it," since Clear, OT I, OT III, OT V, OT VII, OT VIII, the L Rundowns and everything else that was "it" turned out not to be so.

Sorry to disappoint you, after SuperPower turns out not to be "it," you will have to wait until OT IX, OT X, OT XI, OT XII, OT XIII, OT XIV, OT XV and who knows whatever other yet unreleased levels will finally debug your lack of OT abilities. For one of them, must, right? One of them must be "it" for your case. Because your case is special, but LRH knew what he was doing, so somewhere there must a level, a rundown that will return to you those OT abilities you have now heard of for 60 years. It couldn't be a lie this time. It just couldn't. It all sounds so good. And LRH never lied to you or conned you.

Or, you can chose to believe him and spend the rest of the money you have or don't have because YOUR NEXT STEP must be the one that resolves your case. It is going to be a long and expensive road, my friend. And at the end you will ask: I have reached Total Freedom now, so why do I not feel any different, except for a lot older and poorer?

The answer is way too simple. Way, way too simple to be easily believed.

(I know, I'm writing this to the wrong audience. Regardless, better written than unwritten.)

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:40 pm

But you've got to admit the Super Power building is also a cash cow. By selling more [Super Power] "dreams" to parishioners in exchange for tens of thousands of dollars each, the Church of Scientology has been able to collect millions of dollars beyond what is/was needed to complete the building. It's not just the issue of the inside being empty, but the building itself is not complete. I heard scuttlebutt that the CofS is having to pay $ penalties to the city for not getting it done within a reasonable amount of time. (I wish I could confirm that.)

The CofS could never have "sold" people on donating for a parking structure, buying out condo owners "for staff housing", purchasing a 13-story waterfront apartment building "for staff housing". All of these projects were done AFTER the Super Power building donation campaigns started. And I heard zero word about donation requests for these projects. So where did the money come from?

The money came from the Super Power building donations.

If only those donors knew...

Little Bear Victor

Post by Little Bear Victor » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:55 am

That's probably just a "slight oversight" on DM's part. He had made the needed 38 million by 1999 or so, he just "forgot" to let the public know about it. A couple of years later the donations had gone over 50 million. Who knows what the donations total are by this time and where the money is going. To my knowledge he still hasn't let the Scientology public know that the target was met about 8 years ago. I "wonder" if that would be considered dishonest if they knew about it...?

The construction of the SuperPower building could have been completed in 2000 or 2001, but DM had to put it on slow track (slowest possible construction schedule) and then later stop the building altogether, for the reasons I stated in my previous post.

One day he will be held accountable for this, too.

suzicue

Post by suzicue » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:21 am

Hi, JS. For info, superpower was announced in late 1978. Thanks for the history on this fiasco.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:58 am

Super Power revives the dead!

++++++++++Sacred Cult Scripture++++++++++

"Some time ago I realized the resolution of this scene
would require a powerful tech, tailored to check this
downward spiral at each step of the way and get it
reverting upwards. I set about to study and research
and develop processes that would accomplish this. The
result of that work is Super Power. Super Power is the
answer to a sick, a dying and dead society. With it we
literally revive the dead! With it we have the means to
put Scientologists into a new realm of ability enabling
them to create a new world!"

- L. Ron Hubbard

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Little Bear Victor

Post by Little Bear Victor » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:08 am

That sounds about right. Scientology would have to be able revive the dead to put Scientologists into a new realm of ability.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”