Requesting ex Sea Org, ex OSA, ex PAC RPFers re Becky Hays

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chuckbeatty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Requesting ex Sea Org, ex OSA, ex PAC RPFers re Becky Hays

Post by chuckbeatty » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:18 am

Anyone with information about Becky Hays' injury while in the Office of Special Affairs, Sea Org.....

The news about Becky is not good. She is deteriorating in to dementia, and many of the gains she made earlier are now gone. She rarely speaks. She is happy, and tries, and is obedient but a handful since she cannot be left alone. She needs repeated instructions on doing things like drying the dishes and does not seem to retain information like where things go.

She is on Social Security and Disability for life (about $600 month).

As near as we can piece things together it seems she was sent to the RPF by Rinder on two occasions and somewhere in there had a nervous breakdown. After that she had the traumatic brain injury with the dumpster lid falling on her head, the version of the story I heard was a filing cabinet was being thrown into the dumpster while Becky happened to be inside the dumpster, and the filing cabinet struck her in the head. I heard the incident occured during OSA renos, prior to Becky's RPFing the last time. I myself remember her on the RPF, and in fact, there was a short period when she was routed out of the RPF, actually reprieved, and I remember helping gather up her MEST so she could have it, and we helped moving her to the OSA woman's dorm at the Anthony Building, I recall specifically the dorm she moved into.

Then some months later she was routed out of the Sea Org altogether, those details I don't know.

If anyone who was her twin on the PAC RPF, or knows her medical situation while on the RPF, I recall rumor while I was on the PAC RPF that she was complaining over and over about the head injury, and what I extrapolated was her concerns about her head injury were not being taken seriously, that is my impression.

Any ex PAC RPFers or ex OSA Int staff who know about Becky's injury incident, and her subsequent neglect, PLEASE contact me, so I can get you connected up with those taking care of Becky at the present, so you can relay details that could be helpful for which way to go with Becky at present.

Per what is known, she got no medical attention for a long time and real damage was done.

Whoever has info, please share it. Contact me, I'll relay you to those caring for Becky.
Chuck Beatty 412-260-1170
Pittsburgh, USA,
"Our bombastic lapidary style is good only for inflating dwarfs." Jean-Jacques Rousseau (from "Emile, or On Education")

SCIE-NO-MO-
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SCIE-NO-MO- » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:44 am

This is so sad Chuck, How old is Becky? I find it so hypocritical that they have absolute disdain for the wog-world, the government, everything that is not Scientology, but yet they are very willing to take social security benefits for an injured staff member whenever they can. Their workers comp insurance should cover her welfare, not tax payers. Do you know if any lawyers from her family have taken a look a this situation to ensure her welfare is being considered. The funny part is that medical doctors and psychiatrists have very good estimations on what can/cannot be done about brain injuries and can determine pretty accurately what course of action should be taken in a specific case. All that expertise is shunned whenever there are arrogant Scientologists involved., and I'm sure that is the situation in Becky's case.

Dunvegan

Post by Dunvegan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:02 am

What am I missing? Why isn't there a court case here on Becky's behalf?

There is much hope for Becky...but CoS needs to be brought to pay the cost of treatment if found negligent. And this sounds hands-down negligent on the church's part. Systematically and by policy.

There are incredible leaps of evolution in treating massive traumatic brain injury due to the work that has been achieved since the latest Gulf military action.

This is due to many soldiers being inurued by IEDs and having much of their bodies protected via body armor. In former wars an IED injury was often fatal due to the overwhelming body trauma sustained.

Now we have soldiers being rehabilitated who have had massive brain injuries.

It does cost a fortune, if you are a non-VA private citizen, for state of the art care. Disability does not cover the best possible care.

So, this brings us back to what was mentioned above regaring Becky's situation...the church is probably liable for OSHA violations and there should be a court case to establish the percentage of liability CoS should be assessed for in spades. It also sounds like there are definite charges that can be laid regrding post-injury negligance. Immediate medical attention and therapy can work wonders with brain injuries.

Brain injuries left to null treatment cause further catastrophic and/or irreversable damage.

The cost of proper care for this sort of injury is very steep. And if CoS is (which it sounds like they are) in any part liable, they should be ordered to cover care equal to their negligance.

This is a very straight-forward civil case. Considering Becky's diminished capacity due to her injury, there are groups that will take this to court on her behalf. She cannot be expected to do anything on behalf of herself in this situation without special representation.

There is definite reson for hope in advanced brain inujury rehabilitation, home care, and cognative/physical therapy.

But it costs a fortune. And Becky rightfully should have that covered by the negligance of the organization that put her at risk. If negligance has caused permanent damage, Becky should have round the clock live in professional nursing care. Period.

Shouldn't we locate the correct representation and relate this tragedy to them for action?

One more thing: The church is an immoral and illegal dangerous rogue entity. I continued to be stunned at the criminal acts the church commits over and over...and the usual reaction is: "Oh...yes, they're bad and do this kind of thing."

Then end of story.

ANY other business or organization in the country that caused this kind of criminal negligence to happen would simply be in court dealing with paying up for damages and OSHA violations.

Enough! CoS needs to be dragged kicking and hissing into the Real World. Nao.

If Organized Scientology at Davy's level has any kind of "OTs" doing DM's bidding, they're damn sure not "Operating Thetans"...they're just low life criminal "Operating Thugs."

...brb, tomorrow. Perhaps I'm being an unwanted Nosy Parker, but I'm researching the usual way this sort of civil case is dealt with, and posting about it tomorrow.

I'm am outraged for Becky.
--
Dunvegan

AnonMomAnon

Post by AnonMomAnon » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:33 am

why was becky in the dumpster?

was she in the dumpster so other $cieno's could throw garbage on her to make her feel even more worthless?
was she told to get her food from the dumpster?
was she starving and the only place to get food was the dumpster?
was she down in the bottom of the dumpster licking the bottom of it clean with her tongue?
why did they put her in a dumpster that day? was the wood chipper jammed?

would it surprise any of us if one of the answers above was the correct one?

chuck, good luck on getting any information on what happened to becky and i'll send good thoughts her way.

i am sick of this cult.

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:29 am

I hope that others can come forward and give evidence so that this cult can face at least one of their crimes against their members.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:34 am

It's too dangerous for women working for Sea Org. Stacy Moxon Myer, now this.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:43 am

Just when you think you have seen or hear the wost, it gets worse.

Jesus, this is disturbing!
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Roan

Re: Requesting ex Sea Org, ex OSA, ex PAC RPFers re Becky Ha

Post by Roan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:39 am

chuckbeatty wrote:The news about Becky is not good. She is deteriorating in to dementia, and many of the gains she made earlier are now gone. She rarely speaks. She is happy, and tries, and is obedient but a handful since she cannot be left alone. She needs repeated instructions on doing things like drying the dishes and does not seem to retain information like where things go.

As near as we can piece things together it seems she was sent to the RPF by Rinder on two occasions and somewhere in there had a nervous breakdown. After that she had the traumatic brain injury with the dumpster lid falling on her head, the version of the story I heard was a filing cabinet was being thrown into the dumpster while Becky happened to be inside the dumpster, and the filing cabinet struck her in the head. I heard the incident occured during OSA renos, prior to Becky's RPFing the last time.

Per what is known, she got no medical attention for a long time and real damage was done.
SuzanneMarie,

What is your reaction to this? Perhaps another stupid, non-sequiter music video from YouTube?!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sick of hearing about this crap from this criminal conglameration of insane policies, stressed-out brainwashed people and spiritual bankruptcy that is this f***ing cult.

:furious:
“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

chuckbeatty

Post by chuckbeatty » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:44 am

thanks for all the answers.

Becky's people just want the facts on what happened. They don't plan big legal suits, I've found out.

Becky is in her early to mid 60s, I believe.

She was a sweet Sea Org member all the years I barely knew her, a cheerful person.

I think the family just want to know the details of the incident.

I might have the details off, since this is just my memory.

Anyone on the PAC RPF from about 2000-2002 and knowledgeable about the OSA RPFers on the PAC PRF at that time, might have caught wind of Becky's story, so anyone with any kind of recall at all on her injury incident, please call me.
Chuck Beatty 412-260-1170
Pittsburgh, USA,
"Our bombastic lapidary style is good only for inflating dwarfs." Jean-Jacques Rousseau (from "Emile, or On Education")

Return to “Opinions & Debate”