Scientologist beating a 15yr. old

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
PTS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Scientologist beating a 15yr. old

Post by PTS » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:29 pm

Scientology Wally Hanks beating 15 year old kid.
WARNING: this is not easy to listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxrt4_R40xQ

OT8 Scientologist child molester at large
In California, there used to be a facility called the Mace Kingsley Ranch (this has now relocated to New Mexico). This was basically a boot camp for kids of Scientologists run using Hubbard principles of 'ethics' etc. The idea was to handle these mostly teenagers who had gone off the rails (may have something to do with the typical neglect shown by Scieno parents, who spend all their time and money on Scientology). As a side note, the money they made was outrageous, charging at least $3,000 per kid each month.

Wally Hanks was the owner of this facility. He was "a highly trained OT Scientologist". He was in actual fact a child molester. He got kids drunk and then gave them guns to practice shooting. I was there, this is not heresay. He molested me by putting his hands down my shirt after he had given me several beers. I was 12 at the time. When I asked another girl there about this, she said that it was just the way he was and he did it with all the girls.

Later on, when I worked for the Church, I saw reports that he had done much worse molestings with other girls. He would get girls drunk and then have them urinate on cars and then touch their private parts. I do not remember if he had actually raped any of them, but it is possible. The girls were young, pre-teens or teens. The Church knew all about it, but didn't report it to the authorities and didn't declare him a Suppressive Person because "he was an OT 8 and it would cause bad PR". This all occured between 4 - 8 years ago.

Additionally, Wally used to beat the kids, mostly the boys with a paddle. If someone did anything wrong, all the kids would be brought into a room and watch one kid get paddled. I saw this happen. Additionally, any kid would be paddled on their birthday.

Wally left the Mace Kingsley ranch, but even there, the abuses continued. I know of one boy who was sent there and he was so badly beaten (bruised all over and still scared now). He ran away and the police found him and brought him back. They never checked him for bruising and that is why the authorities didn't get involved. This occured about 5 years ago.

Where is Wally Hanks now? I invite other victims of this sex offender to come forth and then he can be stopped. He could be molesting children right now and ruining thier lives.
http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/bootcamp.htm
Liber Et Audax

I'mglib
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by I'mglib » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:45 pm

OH MY GOD.

I am stunned.

If this is not the end, then nothing will be.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 am

Holy shit! Scientology never ceases to amaze me. And no, this is definitely not the first time Scientology has "protected" a criminal and hidden his crimes from the authorities.

Beater says: "Look at that picture of LRH. This is his policy." Wack!

Beater says: "I know it hurts. It's supposed to."

Do the parents not know what is going on? Or do the molesters and abusers use the typical threats of "you'd better not tell anyone about this, or I'll come after you and it will be much worse next time"?
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:00 am

This really reminds me of what happened to the children of Hari Krishnas, back in the 70s (though the Hari Krishna thing was much more widespread, I think, and worse).

The Hari Kirshna temples settled with the victims in 2005, and ended up declaring bankruptcy. I wish a group of parents and children would get together and sue COS for this.

http://www.iskcon.com/press/index.htm
Press Release: Courts Confirm Hare Krishna Chapter 11 Reorganization

Religious Society Apologizes to Victims of Child Abuse
For Immediate Release
Date: May 23, 2005

Los Angeles, CA — The United States Bankruptcy Court of the Central District of California today confirmed a Chapter 11 Reorganization Plan submitted by six Hare Krishna temples and affiliates. The Plan provides 9.5 million dollars in compensation to claimants—primarily former students who were subjected to various forms of abuse or mistreatment while in the society's religious schools—while also protecting Krishna temples and religious communities from potential closure. Today's California Plan confirmation follows closely on the heels of a parallel ISKCON Reorganization Plan which was approved last week by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wheeling, West Virginia.

Those temples and affiliates of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), a monotheistic Vedic, or Hindu tradition, originally filed for Chapter 11 protection in February, 2002. That was two years after a $400 million lawsuit was filed in Texas on behalf of 92 former students, who alleged emotional, physical, and sexual abuse during the 1970s and 1980s in Krishna boarding schools.

“As leaders, it was our responsibility to assure our children's safety,” said Anuttama Dasa, ISKCON Governing Body Commissioner and Director of Communications. “We failed them, and for that we are very sorry. It is heartbreaking that many of our children were abused. On behalf of our entire society, I apologize to these young people. I pray that someday they will be able to forgive us. And, I pray that today's agreement will help them heal and move forward in their lives,” Dasa said.

The parallel ISKCON Chapter 11 cases were adjudicated in two jurisdictions simultaneously. In the first of the two Plan confirmation hearings, on May 16, 2005, in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, the Honorable L. Edward Friend II stated in court that he “wholeheartedly” endorsed the Plan: “I find it to be in the best interest of the creditors [former students] and I find the parties have actually worked together to come to a conclusion that really works and really makes sense.”

By seeking Chapter 11 protection, ISKCON was able to open the settlement to hundreds of additional former students who were either unaware of, or chose not to participate in, the original lawsuit. By way of Court approved advertisements in international media, as well as a proactive email campaign, ISKCON identified an additional 450 claimants who will now receive a share of the court approved $9.5 million compensation plan. Above and beyond that amount, the compensation fund stands to increase by several million dollars if ISKCON is successful in ongoing litigation with its insurance carriers.

“There were always two priorities for us in this case,” said David Liberman, attorney for the Krishnas. “We wanted to provide as much money as possible for the young people that were abused, and simultaneously to protect innocent families and Krishna followers from having their temples closed had a jury awarded the original amount sought in the Texas case,” Liberman said.

“If this had gone to trial, it would have exhausted ISKCON's assets through legal costs and left nothing for the tort claimants, the young people who deserve it,” said Sandford L. Frey, lead bankruptcy counsel for ISKCON. “In addition, the Chapter 11 allowed ISKCON to seek additional money from other independent contributors who voluntarily donated to the fund, making this an international settlement which increased the total dollar amount of the compensation fund far beyond the modest assets of the original temples that were sued,” Frey said.

Distribution of the funds will begin later this year and must be completed by 2011. The amount each individual receives will be based upon the nature of the abuse, its severity, and the time factor. The amount of compensation received by most will range from $2,500 to $50,000, which does not include the amount of insurance funds that may yet be recovered.

"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

ZenuEtrawl

Post by ZenuEtrawl » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:57 am

Wally appears to be in the Seattle area, he's listed as a donor for their Ideal Org fund up there: http://www.sentient-media.com/building/honor_roll.html

I can't understand why nobody has pressed charges against the guy yet. That really needs to happen.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:05 am

Where's a class action lawyer when you need one?

PTS

Post by PTS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:50 am

I'mglib wrote:Where's a class action lawyer when you need one?
Unfortunatly, This child thinks that this is normal behavior for scientologists. Where will the next abuses occur???
The repeated abuse of these children will only establish a repeated behavior already rampant in LRH society.
Now is the time to stop this.!!!
Liber Et Audax

Simonymous

Post by Simonymous » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:05 am

PTS wrote: Unfortunatly, This child thinks that this is normal behavior for scientologists. Where will the next abuses occur???
What's really sad is not only the child thinks it's normal, Scientology itself doesn't believe in the sanctity of being a child. They see kids as adults in little bodies and deem them unworthy of protecting. The biggest importance is $$$. If that guy's bringing in the $$$, that's far more important to Scientology than the well-being of someone's kid.

It also makes me sad for the parents of these kids. They have no idea what they're getting into when they join Scientology, no idea their kids come LAST.

I hope they get this guy. Inmates LOVE child molesters!
“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

pharbizorg

Post by pharbizorg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 am

Bold my emphasis:
"Brothers, you came from our own people. You are killing your own brothers. Any human order to kill must be subordinate to the law of God, which says, 'Thou shalt not kill'. No soldier is obliged to obey an order contrary to the law of God. No one has to obey an immoral law. It is high time you obeyed your consciences rather than sinful orders. The church cannot remain silent before such an abomination. ...In the name of God, in the name of this suffering people whose cry rises to heaven more loudly each day, I implore you, I beg you, I order you: stop the repression"

The day following this speech, Archbishop Romero was murdered. -- Archbishop Oscar Romero - Caracen
An0nand0n makes a good point, I realize that I jumped to conclusions on something that hasn't been substantiated (yet...).
DOX OR GTFO

1. Who made the recording?
2. How did they get it out?
3. Why has it taken so long to come to light?
4. Is there, in fact, any proof whatsoever of its authenticity?

Please, ffs, we all want Hubtards scam assraped, but blindly accepting every piece of info will ultimately benefit them, not us. This is a very exciting leak and I'd like to play the audio at the next big raid. Nothing puts the public off a group faster than child abuse. I'm not doing this unless there's convincing evidence it's real.

TL:DR Proof plox, nao.
Of course I have to agree with that. If it is true, then its a terrible thing that happened, and authorities have to be contacted.
Last edited by pharbizorg on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.

~Jack Layton, Canadian Politician (1950-2011)

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:39 am

I recommend you read Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence--from Domestic Abuse to Political Terror by Judith Herman. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Lewis_Herman

I have a copy on my stack and I have done a preliminary shot at it - I've read the table of contents, checked the index and the bibliography, read the introduction and a bit of the first chapter.

I haven't read how the mechanism works in detail but as I understand it the abuser instills a control over the abused to the extent that they keep the abuse secret. I believe part of the recovery process is to overcome that. The other action the abuser does is to put on a nice face outside the realm of their abuse such that if an abused person talks about the abuse to someone outside that realm they are looked on as the bad person.

That's my take from my skim of the book. I may have got it wrong but I think I'm close to the mark.

scientologists cannot read this book. Doing so would be a violation of "keeping scientology working." Judith Herman is a psychiatrist.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:47 am

From Tazor on WWP:
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/69-cos-f ... ter-21366/
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/n...0/grandop2.jpg

This is a photo of a "family center" in Clearwater that is run by $cilons. They have run some other schools that had a VERY bad reputation:

The Mace Kingsley Ranch by Astra Woodcraft

I was 13 years old. I think I was 13. Everyone had beer and got drunk. I think the first night or the second night I was up there, I was sitting next to him and I had had a few beers and so had he. And so had everyone else. And he put his hand down my shirt and down my bra and started feeling me. And I…it really scared me and I asked my friend later, I said, "What's Wally [Hanks] doing? Why did he do this?" And she said, "Oh. Don't worry. He just does that with the girls. That's just what he does but don't worry about it."

Ex-scientologists Jane Scott writes to John Ashcroft

What we did not know about when we took our son to Mace-Kingsley was that Wally Hanks was a pedophile who was engaged in illegal relations with at least one, or perhaps several, of the girls in his charge. One weekend when his younger brother and I went up see Jesse the Ranch it was in obvious turmoil and there appeared to be several new adults around. Jesse swore us to secrecy and then explained that one of the girls and her boyfriend had run away because she "freaked-out" about Wally's sexually molesting her and her not wanting it to go on anymore.

Former Mace-Kingsley staffer Wally Hanks after his Mace-Kingsley time, started his own school for troubled Scientologist kids, the Hanks Ranch. In April 2004 a former student told of the time there in Little Ranch of Horrors II

Wally beat the shit out of me once for running his horse too hard. We had another whacked out vietnam vet who was clearly psychotic stay there for a few months, living in a tent out in the back of the property. On a camping/hunting trip to the Indian mines he completely lost his mind, took all his clothes off, grabbed a couple guns and took off into the desert. We found him a couple days later.
Kids torturing animals. Older kids making younger kids perform homosexual acts, on them. I'm sure there is tons more, but I'd have to sit and think about it.

Wally Hanks / Wallace Hanks' scientology page vanished but here is still a partial copy. Hanks is currently Founding Commodore of a sailing club for youth. The Roundhouse Yacht Club.

Apparently the MK-Ranch was closed. I don't know why but the following explanation was given by the state website:

State of New Mexico - Department of Education

June 10, 2002

Nonpublic Schools Commission to Meet on June 14

(Santa Fe, NM-The Nonpublic Schools Commission will meet on Friday, June 14, 2002, at 9:00 a.m. at the College of Santa Fe in Albuquerque, 2201 San Pedro, NE, Building 2. The commission will hear accreditation summaries from New Mexico State Board of Education (SBE)-approved agencies that accredit nonpublic schools.

In addition to accreditation summaries, the commission will discuss the Ranch School, which was formerly the Mace-Kingsley Ranch School.

For more information, please contact the SDE's Alternative Education Unit at (505) 827-6909.

The Mace-Kingsley Ranch was renamed Hacienda Del Espirito, Inc. aka New Mexico Ranch. and is currently, April 2004, for sale. Note that in Clearwater, Florida, a Mace-Kingsley Family Center exists with Jeff Avrin as ED, Ed Cramb as auditor and Carol Kingsley as President.

This is from xenutv.com:

Stacy: This guy is running the school?

Astra: Yeah. He ran it. From what I know, he owned it and he definitely ran it with his wife. Another night, he took us camping and we went out and we had more beer. And we were camping and once we had all had a few drinks, he gave us guns to go practice shooting. So, I sat in the dark with a flashlight and a gun and practiced shooting at cans and things after I had had a few beers to drink.

Stacy: What kind of guns?

Astra: Just, like, handguns. Oh…and rifles. We did rifles earlier in the day before we drank and then we did handguns in the evening. That one time that he put his hand down my shirt was the only time he did that to me. But later on, when I was in the Sea Organization, when I was the Director of Inspections and Reports, I came across some reports on him. He had been found out that he had been doing these things but he had done a lot worse than what he had done to me. He had really badly molested several girls.

Stacy: How do you mean?

Astra: Like, felt down their pants and had them pee on his car or on someone's car and just…

Stacy: What do you mean, pee on the car?

Astra: He got off by seeing them pee on the cars. Told them to pee on cars. And they would do it for him because they had to or…

Zoe: They might be drunk.

Astra: He got them drunk. Had them pee on cars.

Stacy: God!

Astra: Felt them and I don't know if he actually had intercourse. I don't remember if he actually had intercourse with anyone. But, you know, up to that point, really bad molesting.

Stacy: What happened? What happened to him?

Astra: Well, because he was an OTVII, they had said they weren't going to declare him officially because it would be bad public relations for people to hear that an OTVII molested children and got declared. So, they quietly ousted him from the Church. They quietly said, he's declared.

Stacy: But did they report him to the authorities?

Astra: No. They never reported him…at least not to my knowledge. The report said nothing about it. They said…it was a handling. It's, like, "he's been doing this and what we're going to do is we're going to oust him but we're not going to officially declare him. We're not going to tell people about it because it's bad public relations" because he was an OTVII.

Stacy: What about the parents of the girls who were molested? Did they do anything about this?

Astra: I don't know. I don't know about that. I don't know what happened. One of the girls was in the Sea Org with me and left. And another one of the girls is still a Scientologist. They're all still Scientologists.

Stacy: Gosh!

Astra: And the parents probably were told, "Well, we're ousting him from the Church." And that's considered a handling.

Stacy: Incredible.
From ARS in 2004:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.reli ... e0544d193/
More information is flowing in from Mace-Kingsley and Hanks Ranch
"graduates".

Here's something from a Hanks Ranch student about Wally Hanks and his
"Paddle of Justice":

Every morning, we would have muster, and Wally would read the KR's
from the previous day. Depending on the infraction he would give you
1-3 paddles or Suzy-Q's, a Marine style pushup. If you cursed the
previous day and a staff member heard it, you would have to do 5
Suzy-Qs for each swear. If you said 5 swears, you got a lick with
the "Paddle of Justice". The paddle's issued for swearing were
really ritual, they didn't hurt. Sometimes Wally would have kids
give paddles to eacother. Playing with fire, stealing, and other
more severe things, would get you up to 3 seriously hard licks with
the paddle. One memory of a kid who damaged the Juniper trees on the
land, building a fort house (nails, wood, cutting), got 3 serious
licks (as in, a mark was made on the side of the paddle, as a
promiscuous man might make notches in the bedpost) could only take
one paddle at a time and would run outside to the outdoor showers to
spray his ass down.

Paddling and excercize for punishment was a daily ritual.

And here is a story from a Mace-Kingsley Ranch student about a
stolen firearm:

Around 1999 or 2000 a student of the MK Ranch was able to steal a
handgun while on a field trip. Mrs. Kingsley had come to visit and
took us to this Fair in Reserve, NM and [deleted] stole a revolver
from a woman running a stand (everyone has a gun in Reserve).

Then [deleted] brought the gun back to the Ranch and hid it for
several months while searching for ammunition that would fit it. The
staff found out about it only because another student ratted him
out.

He was planning on using the gun to escape.

Randy and Molly didn't want the police involved in investigating this
theft so they had the gun thrown away so that nobody would ever find it.

Come on all you Mace-Kingsley lurkers out there. Write me and tell
me what it was like at the Ranch.

-- Dave Touretzky: "Love and help children." (L. Ron Hubbard)

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:19 am

ZenuEtrawl wrote:Wally appears to be in the Seattle area, he's listed as a donor for their Ideal Org fund up there: http://www.sentient-media.com/building/honor_roll.html

I can't understand why nobody has pressed charges against the guy yet. That really needs to happen.
Someone in the Seattle area should copy that audio to CD and make sure it gets in the hands of the Seattle police. They might want that info in case there are any molestation/abuse cases in Hank's area. It would give them a suspect.
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

SchwimmelPuckel

Post by SchwimmelPuckel » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:09 am

Ok, I feel called upon to ask if this recording is real.. (Anons at WWP getting impatient with us about that..) - Well, they're right. We need to verify that this recording is true.

So, one of the kids there apparently recorded this. Marco himself? Who? - Is this person villing to come forward, or testify?

Was this recording shown to the Cult 'authorities' at the time? - I'm guessing that the kids would do that rather than going to the police.

So, did the 'kids' keep a copy, or is this recording coming from the 'ethics' person who got it back then. As we know Hanks got away with it. Only a scientology 'handling', since it was bad PR to have a child molesting OT exposed.

And anyone who has been there.. Can you recognise Hanks voice?

[i]Ask not what [url=http://www.lermanet.com][color=blue]Scientology[/color][/url] can do for you, ask what the F*arck! is going on.[/i]

An0nand0n

Post by An0nand0n » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:24 pm

DOX OR GTFO

1. Who made the recording?
2. How did they get it out?
3. Why has it taken so long to come to light?
4. Is there, in fact, any proof whatsoever of its authenticity?

Please, ffs, we all want Hubtards scam assraped, but blindly accepting every piece of info will ultimately benefit them, not us. This is a very exciting leak and I'd like to play the audio at the next big raid. Nothing puts the public off a group faster than child abuse. I'm not doing this unless there's convincing evidence it's real.

TL:DR Proof plox, nao.
Epic Nose Guy stands up for his rights: http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4lGYogQHIg

Ex Sea Org member (London) speaks out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaoHISt7sNc

Ceiling Scilon is watching you enturbulate: http://youtube.com/watch?v=61d6iAY6Dzs

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:42 pm

Time to DIG deep. Do any of you ex-members know this Wally individuals full name? Age?

This would be VERY helpful.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”