Our Friend, Doug Long

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
daisy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Our Friend, Doug Long

Post by daisy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:53 am

Doug Long decided to take his life last weekend. Doug had been a scientologist for about 30 years. He was in the GO at the SF Org during the 70's and went on to join the SO first in L.A. and then at Flag. Doug was a Solo Nots Senior C/S. Doug routed out of the SO about 4-5 years ago.

We will miss you Doug and hope that you have found what you were looking for.

Love, Martha & Kevin

Roan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Roan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:17 am

I'm sorry for his family and for you Martha, having lost a friend this way.

Take care.

[-o<
“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

opter

Post by opter » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:07 am

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Opter

lucy skywalker

Post by lucy skywalker » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:35 am

Daisy,

I am so sorry to hear this. Yet another precious life taken due to the influence of this darn insidious cult.

Sending you many blessings and a loving prayer of peace to your friend Doug.

love,

lucy
www.exscientologykids.com/
www.exscn.net
[i]beyond_horizons ... rest in peace dear friend[/i]

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:47 am

Dear Daisy...........

I too am very sorry to hear this about Doug. Can you tell us if he had any illness he was fighting, and finally gave up on it, or what?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh: What a drag! To people wondering if they should check out Scientology, find out why so many people have taken
their lives first. I can tell you, having also been in 30 years (and free from it for 6 years): It's WAY too many people D E A D.

Blessings to you, his family, and most of all, Doug. May the trail
blaze brightly as you travel: You're now free. :angel:

Tory/Magoo~~

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:29 am

I remember Doug. I am so sorry to hear about this. I wish I had known he was out, I don't know if I could have done anything, but for me talking to other exes on line, reading the stories and getting in touch with old friends really helped me.

I called one of Dougs old friends, and they asked me to post this e-mail:
This is just too much and it makes me very sad and angry.

I can’t believe that Doug Long, one of my best friends has recently committed suicide. Doug was just a stellar man with many talents and skills.

I just found out that he routed out of the Sea Org, but it’s a mystery to me why he would give up his life – for what?

Before he left the Sea Org he was the top Int Security Sec Checker at HGB. He was the best Auditor they had at the Int Training Org and he was the last stop before you made it up to Int – if you made it. The “Final Assessment” had to be done on video tape to perfection and approved by RTC.

He was sent to Flag around 1998 or so, to go through a very tough program as an auditor and was certified as a Class IX auditor. I’m not sure if he carried on to be a C/S also. As a Class IX you have to be of Case Level NOTS or OT V.

He was very personable and a very nice friend as well as an excellent auditor and sec checker. I know many who had him as their auditor as I met them later on when they came up to Int.

He was an extraordinary musician. I don’t know how he ever had the time to practice and learn what he could perform on the violin. He played a unique style of jazz and western, that got the entire dance floor to swing and move. He played at many staff and Christmas parties in the HGB.

I vividly recall that he got married in the early 90s, and I remember the smile on that lucky girl’s face – I forgot her name now, but I wonder what happened to her when he routed out.

Previously Doug had been to Int himself, and he told me his personal goals and dreams of being able to get back to Int. However his duty for years was to get others up there and maybe he got fed up with the many failed purposes before he gave up?

There are not many ways you can leave a post. More specifically TWO! You get promoted or busted! He was just too good at what he was doing and his dreams never came through about going back up to Int himself. He must have been busted for something. The usual trip for a staff member is that you have some goals and targets for yourself and you want to be something or go someplace, and it just never happens as there are too many people that simply counter act your plans. This happens often when it has to do with getting together with your spouse. How many people have been busted, RPFed, declared or taken off post because they wanted to be with their loved ones in another organization or even another country or continent?

When you don’t reach your goals – apathy kicks in and you start to neglect your environment and you simply stop doing good on your own post and then you make mistakes that “make your statistics go down”. For an auditor the most deadly mistake you can make is to “miss withholds on your pc”, and too many of those you lose your cert and/or you get SP declared.

Why Doug left or routed out could have been some version of the above. However, once you are free and out – I can not fully understand why someone would take their life because of the cult.

There are some possibilities though.

A)You come out of the Sea Org to find out that you have wasted your life in a sect and been involved in a scam all your life, and can not overcome the massive feelings of guilt, having been accessory to the many crimes of the “church”. Therefore, you see that the only way is to take yourself out. However as an OT, you know very well that you have to come back and take responsibility for what you didn’t confront in the next lifetime, so it’s basically a catch 22.

B)You are totally naïve and avoid going onto the Internet and never find out the real truth about the scam and the crimes committed by Scientology every day. The only goal that you have is to “pay your freeloader bill and get back in good standing” so you one day would be able to be accepted back as a public. You can never work in a Class V org once you have been in the Sea Org and if you left the Sea Org in a bad way, you usually have to pay for all the services that you have gotten for the many years you have been in and then you have to retrain all the courses AGAIN at your own expense – PLUS you have to do an extensive amends program to the Sea Org before you allowed to come back in. Now, a guy like Doug, having spent most of his life in the Sea Org and trained up to Class IX auditor, probably had a “freeloader bill” of about $200,000. Who on earth would have the patience to work that money together and happily fork it over to the criminals that you spent your life with?

C)Or another way would be that you left and just couldn’t stand it being outside and saw it hopeless to ever come back. Not being able to “get back on the Bridge” and all the goals and dreams you had about making it up to OT VIII are gone up in smoke – so the only way is to “get another body and start all over”.

The total lock down at Int now is a result of a desperate paranoia to cover up what is really going on at the top of the organization.

I will remember Doug as a great friend and a fine musician. If someone could come forth with the real truth of what happened and why he decided to leave us – I would appreciate it very much.

Unfortunately we now have another one on the “Why are they dead” list and it really bothers me that there will probably be more before DM is caught and convicted.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Os Wilkes

Re: Our Friend, Doug Long

Post by Os Wilkes » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:38 am

daisy wrote:Doug Long decided to take his life last weekend. Doug had been a scientologist for about 30 years. He was in the GO at the SF Org during the 70's and went on to join the SO first in L.A. and then at Flag. Doug was a Solo Nots Senior C/S. Doug routed out of the SO about 4-5 years ago.

Love, Martha & Kevin
Dear Daisy,

This is a tragic loss, and everyone who is reading this, whether they respond or not, is wishing they could say something to console the survivors. I can only think to say that it is not the fault in any way of the survivors, who should bear no guilt. Someone who does this usually does not understand that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Nobody, even a Scientologist, really knows what happens after you die. Life is precious, and the loss of a loved one to suicide is a pain that does not go away, and cannot be mitigated by any words. Except to say, the one who died decided for himself that this was his will, and so be it.

All we can do as humans is try to help the survivors understand that they were not part of that decision, or it would NOT have happened.

I hope Doug's friends and family get support through this tragedy, so that they do not blame themselves in any way. I wonder if Doug was completely out of Scientology at the time he passed, or if he was still in, struggling with his own perceived dishonour about routing out of S.O.?

Take care and thanks for reminding us that life is a gift that should be treasured.

Love,

Os
Latest stuph:

The latest fave video- a blast from the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxOmrS6uqVM

beyond_horizons
Location: Making Waves and Popping Qwiffs Since the Dawn of Time!

Post by beyond_horizons » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:56 am

Dear Daisy,

My condolences to you, Doug’s friends and loved ones!
"Blind we are if creation of this clone army we could not see!"
-- Yoda

Kilia

Post by Kilia » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:02 am

I'm so sorry to hear this, daisy. My sincere condolences to you and yours at this time. :cry:

Desert Rain

Post by Desert Rain » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:24 am

So sorry to hear this Daisy.
It's hard to lose a fmaily member or a friend thru suicide.
Blessings to your family and to doug's family.

Love
Desert Rain
[img]http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/liebe/190.gif[/img]Desert Rain
The Two Most Powerful Weapons Against Fear are Love and Truth.
http://www.whyaretheydead.net/
http://www.lermanet.com
http://www.enturbulation.org

scout77

sis and kevin I am sorry

Post by scout77 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:26 am

Blessings to Doug and his family. Rest in Peace Doug.

Love,
Scout
All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do Nothing.
By Edmund Burke

Once you were tethered now you are free that was the river this is the Sea.
The Waterboys

SchwimmelPuckel

Post by SchwimmelPuckel » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:19 am

Condolences to Dough, family and friends... This is sad.

[i]Ask not what [url=http://www.lermanet.com][color=blue]Scientology[/color][/url] can do for you, ask what the F*arck! is going on.[/i]

itsaline

Post by itsaline » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:05 am

I'm so sorry to hear of this.

Please accept my condolences.
Last edited by itsaline on Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.forum.exscn.net

lulu_belle

Post by lulu_belle » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:12 am

OH MY GOD.

I knew Doug when he was an HGC auditor in PAC.

He was one of the people sent to Flag from AOLA for the GAT NOTs training in 1994 or 95. As soon as he got there, he and Collette Williams were ripped off from AOLA and made Flag staff.

I have no idea what happened to him or why. I do know that a number of successful seasoned tech terminals have basically been annihilated in the last 10 to 20 years. The ones that are still in the SO are on lowly posts like folder pages. The ones that got out - who knows where they are or what they're doing?

If you/ve spent your whole life being a Scientology auditor and you are now old and off staff and not able to audit any more, what do you do?

Ltricha1

Re: Our Friend, Doug Long

Post by Ltricha1 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:07 pm

daisy wrote:Doug Long decided to take his life last weekend. Doug had been a scientologist for about 30 years. He was in the GO at the SF Org during the 70's and went on to join the SO first in L.A. and then at Flag. Doug was a Solo Nots Senior C/S. Doug routed out of the SO about 4-5 years ago.

Love, Martha & Kevin
Another death $cientology needs to answer for.
His name has been added to the list Here
[url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=220008#220008]$cientology's real product[/url]
[url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=16563]Read[/url]
Tech is the Carrot,
Admin is the Cart,
Ethics is the whip,
Guess who the Horses are.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”