Scientology's Suppressive Person Doctrine

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
caroline

Scientology's Suppressive Person Doctrine

Post by caroline » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Hubbard and Scientology teach that SPs comprise the most evil two and a half percent of the planetary wog population. "Wogs" are what Scientologists call the human race or Homo sapiens. Scientology teaches that Scientologists comprise a new race, "Homo novis" or "Homo scientologicus," a much more able, aware, intelligent and ethical race than the "humanoid" wog race. The organization markets and delivers courses training Scientologists how to spot or identify SPs among the wogs they encounter in life, and then to shatter the SPs once spotted. In reality, cult leader Miscavige and his Sea Org religious police do the identifying of Suppressive Persons for shattering, and rank and file Scientologists simply obey their police arm's SP declarations and other orders.

Scientologists are indoctrinated to proclaim that Scientology possesses the only mental or spiritual system that "works," or has ever "worked," and in fact produces "total freedom." Scientologists universally are dedicated to "keeping Scientology working," and they spend immense amounts of time and enormous sums of money to keep it working. The work Scientology claims it is performing is the "processing" of people, with its trademarked technology, from the state of "raw meat," or wog or human being, to the most astonishingly superior and stable state called "Clear." More processing, Scientology says, takes Clears to superperson states and "never before imagined" beings called "Operating Thetans," or "OTs."

A Clear, Scientology says, has achieved optimum rationality and optimum sanity, and is as far above normal wogs as normal wogs are above "institutionalized cases." Scientology scripture promises that a Clear's IQ has shot up like a skyrocket, about a point per hour of processing; he recalls everything that ever happened to him and anything he ever studied; and he does mental computations, as in chess, which a wog chess player would do in half an hour, in ten or fifteen seconds. Scientology says that the Clear is a created evolutionary step in man, without ills or aberrations. OTs, Scientology claims, are "at cause over matter, energy, space, time, form and life" and can operate outside their bodies. By the time I left the organization, I had reached Clear and OT Level 3, and had undergone over a thousand hours of processing to get there.

Scientology calls its system of manifold grades and levels for processing people from wog to OT the "Bridge to Total Freedom," and all Scientologists are somewhere on that bridge. Scientology scripture, which is unalterable on this point, states that the whole agonized future of this planet, every man, woman and child on it, and the Scientologists' own destiny for the next endless trillions of years, depend on what each Scientologist does here and now on the Bridge. The Suppressive Person doctrine declares that the only thing stopping everyone from moving up the Bridge and becoming more able, aware, ethical and intelligent, the only thing preventing total freedom, indeed the only thing wrong with this universe, is SPs.

Originating in racial dogma within Scientology's religious scriptures, SPs form, from the Scientologists' perspective, a religio-racial class roughly equivalent to Jews from the Nazis' perspective. Just as the Nazis could theoretically join and leave Nazism, Scientologists can theoretically join and leave Scientology. Just as the Jews, from the Nazi perspective, however, could not stop being Jews, SPs, Scientology teaches, cannot stop being SPs. According to Scientology dogma, which Scientologists also accept as "science," Suppressive Persons possess a genetic pathology plus a mental and psycho-spiritual handicap and morbidity that prevents them from ever being anything but SPs. The Nazis' dogma and science concluded that the Jews were handicapped with their own set of irremediable genetics and psycho-religious malignancies that kept them from being anything other than Jews.

Scientology's SP doctrine states that SPs are the truly destructive, truly psychotic and truly criminal of the world's wogs, the cause of illness, at the root of every bad condition, and deserving no civil rights. According to the doctrine, the majority of people in mental institutions are not insane at all, but were put there by SPs, who are the truly insane. Wog psychiatrists and psychologists are seen as a subclass of SPs, and psychiatry and psychology are considered "Suppressive Groups," which Scientology seeks to "obliterate." The SP doctrine identifies archetypal SPs like Hitler, Stalin and Osama bin Laden, but also says that SPs are very average, common too, just like me, and undetected.

The "stellar examples" Scientology uses to personify Suppressive Persons are very likely what wog mental science now calls antisocial personalities or sociopaths. Hubbard in fact also used the term "antisocial personality" for Scientology's enemies, but inside the organization the settled and universal label is "SP," or formally "Suppressive Person." Many of the characteristics Hubbard imputes to SPs resemble the traits that psychology and psychiatry say sociopaths possess. The majority of the people Scientology calls SPs, and treats or attacks as irredeemable criminals, however, do not exhibit these characteristics, are not sociopaths, and do not manifest antisocial personality disorders.

The people Scientology and Scientologists identify and target as Suppressive Persons are largely good, social, non-sociopathic people who have simply stood up to the organization and spoken out about its fraud, its persecution of good people, its SP doctrine, or its numerous other antisocial policies and practices. The more knowledge a person has of these things, the more he communicates that knowledge, and the more rationally and accurately he communicates it, the bigger SP he is in the view of Scientology's leaders. The bigger an SP these leaders consider a person to be, the greater the persecution that is to be inflicted on him, and the more of the organization's personnel and resources that are directed to that target or front in Scientology's global war. The form and amplitude of the persecution are further modulated by Scientology's and Scientologists' opportunities and means, and the need to be seen as winning.

Scientology does nothing really to wage war on the world's actual or arguably truly dangerous sociopaths. Organization leaders, in fact, recruit and form alliances with certain sociopaths, and enforce within Scientology a self-perpetuating group sociopathy. Hubbard was a sociopath, who used his God-given will and mental power to make himself even more sociopathic. He saw his own sociopathy, as perhaps every sociopath does, not as a disorder, but as an ideal condition and way of life that made everyone else, and their conditions and ways of life, inferior. He conned countless people into admiring him, slaving for him, committing crimes for him, and paying him huge sums of money to obtain the fabulous qualities and abilities he claimed he possessed and had the "tech" to impart to others. The individuals that Scientology uses its inordinate wealth and power to attack are simply ordinary people who might recognize that Hubbard's mental states are not ideal or even superior, or observe that other claims are false, and who speak out critically about him or his organization's system and actions despite the inevitable persecution.

Hubbard devised, built and operated a global bait-and-switch psychotherapy scam, promising amazing results and money-back guaranteed satisfaction for its mental processing "technology." Since Hubbard's death in 1986, David Miscavige has operated the Scientology scam. The organization claims cures of many distressing or pernicious physical and psychological afflictions, and promises "gains" of superhuman abilities, powers, awareness, memory and intelligence. Scientology extracts exorbitant fees from its customers on these promises and fails to deliver what is promised. Even worse, it also extorts money, labor and immoral or criminal activity from its customers or members with threats of doom or of being declared SPs. The organization abuses its own people, breaks up families, induces dissociation and other deleterious psychological conditions, incites fear and hatred, and damages many of its members' physical health. Consequently, a great number of the people who have knowledge of Scientology's destructive, antisocial policies and actions to speak out about are already its victims.

When the victims who have realized they have been victimized do speak out, Scientology leaders victimize them again, declaring them SPs and targeting them for special persecutory treatment and handling by the organization units and outside professionals established or hired for that purpose. Scientology scripture and its enforcement by organization leaders prohibit Scientologists not specifically assigned to those units as staff members or agents from having any contact with declared SPs. This is a common Scientology practice known as "Disconnection" that over the last forty years has devastated countless families, relationships and lives. Scientology scripture states that if Scientologists even so much as "grant credence" to an SP, they can themselves be declared Suppressive Persons.

Scientology scripture permits only one response to the persons who speak out about organization abuses or criminality -- Attack! The outward-facing" Scientologists, or agents authorized to respond, do not address or deal with Scientology's evils that are causing harm and being criticized, but only treat or handle the critics. Permissible treatment or handling does not include reason or empathy but only attack, since these persons are SPs. Because Scientologists not assigned to deal with Scientology's SP critics may themselves be declared Suppressive Persons if they do deal with or grant credence to such people, almost all Scientologists are shuddered into not even listening to, or reading, what SPs communicate. It is axiomatic inside Scientology that the only wogs organization leaders attack, and employ organization personnel, agents and resources to attack, are SPs.

The philosophy Hubbard adopted to govern and justify the treatment or handling of SPs is technically and commonly called "Fair Game," meaning that the "enemy" in that condition or status is legitimately open to attack or pursuit. Scientology's position is that the Suppressive Person doctrine, being from Hubbard and being religious scripture, makes attack and pursuit of SPs wholly legitimate, and protected, indeed mandated, religious expression. Fair Game is the basic philosophy of war, the condition in which attacking or pursuing the designated enemy is legitimated, and failure to attack or pursue may be illegitimate or even punished. Fair Game in Scientology has also come to mean the battle tactics the organization employs against SPs, and the actions its personnel and agents have taken in their treatment or handling of SPs over the decades since Hubbard first ordered his troops to adopt and apply the Fair Game philosophy.

In his scriptures during a period in the 1960's, Hubbard even called the treatment or handling he intended for SPs "Fair Game;" although he later ordered that the use of the term "Fair Game" be discontinued because "it causes bad public relations." In one of his directives, which has come to be known as the "Fair Game Policy," Hubbard stated:
ENEMY - SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

Scientology has for decades claimed that Fair Game, as a philosophy, policy and practice, was cancelled, but this assertion is patently false since all that Hubbard cancelled in scripture and in application was use of the term.

Although it has unquestionably caused Hubbard and his organization bad PR, and has repeatedly been exposed in the international media and condemned in court judgments, Fair Game continues to be the only treatment or handling Scientologists are permitted to administer on SPs. The tactics and actions that comprise Fair Game in the organization's long war of total attrition vary according to target, opportunity, availability of resources, fear of exposure or legal repercussions, the sociopathy and whims of the organization's head, and other factors. Scientology's state of war against SPs, however, and the Fair Game philosophy and decision necessary to wage that war, have remained constant and unchanged into present time.

Scientologists' or their agents' Fair Game against me in execution of the Suppressive Person doctrine include: physically assaulting me on six occasions; breaking into my car; stealing my property, including photographs, documents, a manuscript and original artwork; spying on me and my spouse; scaring our neighbors; menacing our families; threatening to assassinate me; terrorizing my companions and me on highways in California and Germany; paying a corrupt Los Angeles Police Department officer for fake authorizations to eavesdrop on me, my attorney and my associates and to tap our telephones; Fair Gaming and compromising my attorney; covertly and unlawfully videotaping me; attempting numerous times to have me prosecuted on false criminal charges based on fabricated evidence, including with the Los Angeles District Attorney, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Prosecutor of Ekaterinburg, Russia; suing me six times; forcing me into bankruptcy; driving me from my home; obtaining unconscionable jail sentences against me and warrants for my arrest in California; forging hundreds of Internet postings over my name, including nonsense and racist messages; running endless intelligence operations against me and my family; and carrying out a global "Black Propaganda" campaign against me that extends to U.S. Federal Government departments, Members of Congress, U.S. diplomatic missions and staff, U.S. state and local government officials, foreign government officials, judges, law enforcement agencies and officers internationally, clergy internationally, media internationally, and the broad international wog and Scientologist populations.

Black Propaganda or Black PR is Scientology's policy and practice of willful and relentless rumormongering, slander and libel, often from hidden sources. Since Hubbard's death in 1986, David Miscavige is responsible for organization Fair Game and is the biggest hidden but actual source of the Black PR on Scientology's enemies. The goal of Black PR, which is a basic and pervasive component of Scientology's war, is destruction of the SP targets' reputation and consequently elimination of public trust in their knowledge of Scientology abuses and crimes. Even if not always successful in achieving this goal, the organization's Black PR consciously hurts its targets and collaterally threatens every potential opponent or critic. The sadism Scientology flaunts in its Black PR publications and operations has been very effective in deterring many people from standing up and disclosing their knowledge of its policies and activities.

In 1969, founder Hubbard ordered that Scientologists were to use "standard wartime propaganda" to "degrade the image" of the organization's SP enemies "to beast level," and to inflame public opinion into "a frenzy of hate" against them. Miscavige has the same function as Hubbard in his organization's Fair Game campaigns: making others incite hatred, making others degrade good people to beast level, and making others do all the antisocial and criminal things that sociopaths and their hired professionals can spend a religion's money conspiring to make others do. Like Hubbard, Miscavige runs Scientology as a dictatorship, maintained by his will and managed from his positions as commander of the military-structured but unincorporated Sea Organization and as director of a global network of incorporated "churches" and other entities.

At this time, Miscavige is titularly the Chairman of the Board of Directors of a corporation called Religious Technology Center, Inc., which claims to own Scientology's trademarks and service marks. RTC describes itself as "an external body which protects the Scientology religion and acts as the final arbiter of orthodoxy" by "monitoring and enforcing the purity of technical application." What Miscavige and RTC "protect" the religion from are its victims, the Suppressive Person class, and from the SPs' knowledge of Scientology's abuses and criminality. In the organization's relations with the SPs, what Miscavige and RTC monitor and keep orthodox and pure in its technical application is Fair Game, and its many channels or components - Black Propaganda, legal harassment, financial ruin, disconnection, psychic and physical violence, and obliteration. Anything that appears to threaten or even counter Scientology's, or Miscavige's, intentions is a "matter of RTC concern" that can activate the organization's networks and Fair Game machinery.

Because of the antisocial and criminal nature of Scientology's Fair Game relationship with the identified SP class, which class organization leaders and their agents with their Suppressive Person doctrine have created, these leaders and agents fear public opprobrium and legal prosecution. Scientology therefore hides or cloaks many of its hostile intentions and Fair Game activities, and at its core, but webbing out through virtually every Scientologist, the organization functions as a global intelligence agency. The flow of orders and control is from Miscavige in Los Angeles downward and outward to anywhere in the world, and the flow of information and compliance with orders is upward and inward to Miscavige from around the world. Scientology leaders crave other people's secrets, the private, personal or sensitive information of both Scientologists and wogs, and of wog governments and institutions. Scientology uses its own personnel and hired professionals as covert agents and moles to get the desired information, often by illegal or immoral means. Miscavige and his cadre operate largely in secret, with high security, codes and clandestine communication lines, files and operations.

In 1977, the FBI conducted a massive raid of Scientology intelligence offices in Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. and seized evidence of operations to burglarize, penetrate or compromise over a hundred federal and state agencies and media and to terrorize a multitude of private citizens. The U.S. Department of Justice charged eleven Scientology intelligence personnel, including Mary Sue Hubbard, with various crimes against the U.S., convicted them and sentenced them to federal prison. In 1983, the Ontario Provincial Police raided Scientology offices in Toronto and seized evidence that led to convictions of a number of individuals as well as the organization itself for breach of trust stemming from espionage activities against several federal and provincial agencies or organizations including the Canadian Mental Health Association, the Ministry of the Attorney General, the OPP, the Toronto Police and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Law enforcement agencies have raided several Scientology offices in European countries, and the organization and its agents have been successfully prosecuted on a variety of charges. Germany views Scientology as a totalitarian cult whose activities are directed against the free democratic basic order, and the Office for the Protection of the Constitution, the German intelligence service responsible for that protection, keeps the organization under official observation. A 1991 Time Magazine cover article entitled "Scientology the Thriving Cult of Greed and Power" quotes the former head of the FBI's Los Angeles office saying that Scientology "has one of the most effective intelligence operations in the U.S., rivaling even that of the FBI."

Despite U.S. federal officials' extensive knowledge of Scientology's espionage activities against the government, and their awareness of Scientology's criminal conspiracy to deprive SP class citizens of their civil rights, in the early 1990's the U.S. decided to cease opposing the organization, and worse, to protect and promote it. It is inconceivable that this decision was made without the knowledge and agreement, or even the direction, of the U.S. intelligence community. The decision led to the Internal Revenue Service's grant of tax exemption in 1993 to Scientology's many corporate components as a religious organization. Subsequently, U.S. State Department and Foreign Service personnel have assisted Scientology's efforts to operate and expand in countries whose governments viewed the organization as non-religious, dishonest or dangerous. U.S. Congressmen have introduced resolutions to condemn those countries, notably Germany, which do not embrace and support Scientology as the U.S. Federal Government does. It is apparent that since the U.S.'s strategic decision to ally Scientology, U.S. agents have improperly influenced judges and other government officials to aid the organization's corporate components and personnel to the detriment of its victims, the SPs.

It is well observed that the U.S. Federal Government and its intelligence agencies have formed a number of alliances in recent times with unsavory or criminal organizations or even dictatorships, which Scientology is, if such relationships supposedly served some U.S. national interest greater than the national interest in not being allied to such organizations or regimes. Unsavory or criminal organizations or regimes have victims, because victimizing people is what makes organizations or regimes unsavory or criminal, and the U.S. making allies of such organizations or regimes is always to the obvious detriment of their victims. What the greater national interest was in the early 1990's, and which apparently still exists, that brought the U.S. to ally the Miscavige regime remains unclear. The SP class is doubly threatened and victimized because the U.S. Government and its intelligence agencies now have an interest in marginalizing and thwarting SPs in order to have the decision to support Scientology against its victims appear right and just, or in some other way in the national interest.

A website devoted to educating people about Scientology's SP doctrine:
http://www.suppressiveperson.org/spdl/

caroline

Post by caroline » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:39 pm

These are scans of the course pack covers for the "How To Confront and Shatter Suppression Course."

ImageImage
The back cover (c) 2001 L. Ron Hubbard Library wrote:"AN SP CONFRONTED BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS AND CAN USE ALL THE TECH CONCERNING SPs WOULD SHATTER." L. RON HUBBARD
-----
Edit: The SP doctrine is at the core of what's wrong with Scientology, religion and cult. Many thanks to the person who forwarded these materials.
Last edited by caroline on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

caroline

Post by caroline » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:06 pm

This is the list of written materials for the How To Confront and Shatter Suppression PTS/SP Course (c) 2001 L. Ron Hubbard Library. Most or all of these issues are also published in the Technical Bulletins or in the Organization Executive Course (OEC) Volumes.

Posted in the public interest to document Scientology's abusive policies and practices against their opponents.
How to Confront and Shatter Suppression PTS/SP Course wrote: Contents

Keeping Scientology Working

HCO PL 7 Feb. 65 Keeping Scientology Working KSW Series 1 [1]

HCO PL 17 June 70RB I Technical Degrades KSW Series 5 [8]

Orientation

HCO PL 30 Jan. 83 Your Post and Life KSW Series 28 [10]

HCOB 20 Oct. 76R I PTS Data [12]

The Tone Scale and Human Behavior

HCOB 25 Sept. 71RB Tone Scale in Full [13]

PAB 13 ca. mid-Nov. 53 On Human Behavior [14]

HCOB 26 Oct. 70 III Obnosis and the Tone Scale [20]

The Anatomy of Suppression

HCO Info Letter 2 Apr. 64 Two Types of People [23]

Certainty, 2 Feb. 66 Vol. 13, No. 2 Psychotics [26]

HCO PL 27 Sept. 66 The Antisocial Personality The Anti-Scientologist [32]

HCOB 29 Sept. 65 II The Continuing Overt Act [40]

PAB 62 30 Sept. 55 Psychiatrists [43]

HCOB 28 May 60 By Their Actions...[46]

Certainty, 1960 Vol. 7, No. 2 Why Some Fight Scientology [47]

HCOB 28 Nov. 70 Psychosis C/S Series 22 [51]

HCOB 9 May 77 II Psychosis, More About [55]

HCOB 10 May 72 Robotism [57]

HCOB 15 Sept. 81 The Criminal Mind [62]

HCOB 5 Nov. 67 Critics of Scientology [66]

HCOB 10 May 82 OT Levels [69]

SP Detection, Routing and Handling

HCO PL 7 Aug. 65 I Suppressive Persons, Main Characteristics Of [70]

HCO PL 6 Mar. 66 I Rewards and Penalties How to Handle Personnel and Ethics Matters [74]

HCO PL 15 Aug. 67 I Discipline, SPs and Admin, How Statistics Crash [79]

HCO PL 1 Oct. 67 Uses of Orgs [81]

HCO PL 16 Oct. 67 Suppressives and the Administrator, How to Detect SPs as an Administrator [82]

HCOB 12 Mar. 68 Mistakes, Anatomy Of [85]

HCO PL 29 July 71 I Why Hatting? [86]

HCOB 5 Feb. 77 Jokers and Degraders C/S Series 100 [88]

HCOB 1 May 58 Signs of Success [90]

HCO PL 13 Jan. 83 The Business of Orgs [91]

HCO PL 5 Apr. 65 I Handling the Suppressive Person, The Basis of Insanity [92]

HCO PL 5 Apr. 65 II The No-Gain-Case Student [103]

HCO PL 23 Dec. 65RB Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists [109]

HCO PL 29 June 68 Enrollment in Suppressive Groups [126]

HCO PL 18 June 68 Ethics [127]

HCO PL 7 Dec. 69 I Ethics, The Design Of [128]

HCO PL 22 July 82R Knowledge Reports [131]

HCO PL 24 Feb. 69 Justice [134]

HCO PL 26 Dec. 68 I The Third Party Law [137]

Mechanics of the Potential Trouble Source

HCOB 14 Oct. 65 Potential Trouble Source, Mechanics Of [140]

HCOB 8 Nov. 65 Suppressives and Hidden Standards [142]

HCOB 31 Mar. 60 The Present Time Problem [144]

HCO PL 18 Dec. 82 Ethics Conditions: Hang-up at Doubt [147]

HCOB 23 Dec. 59 Responsibility [149]

HCOB 21 Jan. 60 I Justification [151]

HCO PL 2 Nov. 70 III Responsibility [153]

HCOB 5 Oct. 61 Clean Hands Make a Happy Life [155]

HCOB 8 Sept. 64 Overts, What Lies Behind Them? [158]

HCOB 20 May 68 Overt-Motivator Sequence [160]

HCO PL 3 May 72RA Ethics and Executives [163]

HCO PL 22 Mar. 67 I Alter-is and Degraded Beings [169]

HCOB 15 Dec. 73 The Continuous Missed W/H and Continuous Overt with Data on Degraded Beings and False PTS Conditions [171]

HCO PL 27 Oct. 64R Policies on Physical Healing, Insanity and Sources of Trouble [174]

HCO PL 26 Dec. 66 PTS Sections, Personnel and Execs [179]

HCO PL 7 Aug. 76 II Product-Org Officer System Want Your Product [183]

HCO PL 12 May 72R PTS Personnel and Finance [184]

Handling the Potential Trouble Source

HCOB 10 Aug. 73 PTS Handling [187]

HCOB 24 Nov. 65 Search and Discovery [191]

HCOB 20 Oct. 76 II PTS Handling [195]

HCO PL 28 Feb. 84R Pretended PTS,Cover-up and Justification of Black PR and Evil Purposes C/S Series 118 [197]

HCOB 21 May 85R Two Types of PTSes C/S Series 121 [200]

HCO PL 5 Apr. 72RD PTS Type A Handling [202]

HCOB 10 Sept. 83 PTSness and Disconnection [207]

HCOB 8 Mar. 83 Handling PTS Situations [212]

HCOB 16 Apr. 82 More on PTS Handling [214]

HCO PL 21 Mar. 89 PTS People and Leaves [216]

HCOB 31 Dec. 78RB I Outline of PTS Handling [217]

HCO PL 11 May 71II Black PR [224]

HCO PL 21 Nov. 72 How to Handle Black Propaganda [229]

HCOB 16 Aug. 71R II Training Drills Remodernized [240]

Flourish and Prosper

HCO PL 1 Dec. 79 I Flourish and Prosper [248]

Ron's Journal 34 13 Mar. 82 The Future of Scientology [250]

Glossary [255]

Alphabetical List of Titles [263]

Chronological List of Titles [265]

caroline

Post by caroline » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:05 am

This is the editor's introduction and Table of Contents for the PTS/SP Course Lectures How To Confront & Shatter Suppression Transcripts & Glossary.
PTS/SP Course Lectures Transcripts & Glossary (c) 2001 L. Ron Hubbard Library wrote: Image

INTRODUCTION

The lectures you are about to hear were delivered by L. Ron Hubbard from December 1963 through August 1966 to the students of the Saint Hill Special Briefing Course in Sussex, England. These years represent one of the most exhilarating periods in the history of Scientology.

A great deal of the fame of the Saint Hill Special Briefing Course came from the fact that while Ron was lecturing to the top auditors of the day from around the world, training them and improving their skills, he was concurrently mapping the route to full OT. This gave his lectures to these students an even more special flavor: the thrill and exhilaration of discoveries just made, of barriers to sanity defeated.

From the research and testing of this period came much of the technology standardly in use around the world today, including fantastic advances in E-Meters and their use, prepared lists and remedies, the full technology of study and codification and standardization of the Bridge to Total Freedom.

In the accompanying lectures Ron thoroughly covers the subject of Suppressive Persons and their victims—the PTS. Here is the technology to confront and shatter suppression and put one at cause.

This is technology for every being. It not only assures one's progress up the Bridge, and the gains that are available each step of the way, but is technology that puts one at cause in every aspect of life.

While these lectures were originally recorded many years ago on equipment which is long since obsolete, the most meticulous care and procedures were used at all stages of production to reproduce these priceless lectures with the highest possible quality, using Ron's Clearsound state-of-the-art sound technology.

It is our great pleasure to present these lectures to you now.
The Editors
PTS/SP Course Lectures Transcripts & Glossary (c) 2001 L. Ron Hubbard Library wrote:
CONTENTS

HOW TO CONFRONT AND SHATTER SUPPRESSION
PTS/SP COURSE:

The Antisocial Personality [1]

Suppressives and GAEs [19]

Scientology Zero [37]

Organization and Ethics [55]

Handling the PTS [75]

Additional lectures for students of the: HUBBARD PTS/SP Detection, Routing and Handling SPECIALIST COURSE:

Out-Tech [97]

Briefing of Review Auditors [117]

APPENDIX [133]

Glossary [141]

About the Author [157]

Further Books and Tapes by L. Ron Hubbard [159]

Address List of Scientology Churches and Organizations [161]

caroline

Post by caroline » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:46 am

The How To Confront and Shatter Suppression Course costs $1663.75, $1,331.00 with IAS discount. The materials cost an additional $473.00, or $430.40 with IAS discount. (2005 prices)
2005 CSFSO Order Form wrote:Image

caroline

Post by caroline » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:26 am

This Flag promo piece for the How To Confront and Shatter Suppression Course illustrates the SP as a fiend or devil that Hubbard's tech shatters.
CSFSO 2004 wrote:Image

caroline

Post by caroline » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:08 am

This flyer shows that Miscavige is programming Scientologists to smash the "true identities" of SPs. SPs are simply good people who oppose and stand up to Scientology abuses, fair game and criminality. Their true identities, in Scientology scripture, are their "basic personalities" -- the beings, their life sources, the thetans. Miscavige is working his magick to train and program his Scientology troops to smash, or kill, or murder, thetans.
From Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary by L. Ron Hubbard who wrote:BASIC PERSONALITY, 1. a person’s own identity. (FOT, p. 31) 2. the basic personality, the file clerk, the core of “I” which wants to be in command of the organism, the most fundamental desires of the personality, may be considered synonymous for our purposes. (DMSMH, p. 394) 3. the individual himself. (DMSMH, p. 394) Abbr. B.P. (BP).
From Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary by L. Ron Hubbard who wrote:THETAN, 6. the name given to the life source. It is the individual, the being, the personality, the knowingness of the human being. (Scn 8-80, p. 46)
Flyer © 2004 CSFSO wrote: Image
SHATTER SUPPRESSION

BECOME CAUSE WITH THE PTS/SP COURSE

The only thing wrong with this universe are suppressives who specialize in caving people in. They walk among us undetected, hiding behind masks of social veneer. And those masks are more convincing than the best special effects in a Hollywood film.

But there is a tech to shatter the facade, and so reveal, in vivid detail, the true face of suppression. And that tech puts you at total cause. Because while SPs are vicious, they are also cowards. And like all creatures of darkness, they cannot stand the light of exposure.

This is the tech that allows you to understand all behavior and fathom everyone you meet—the good and the bad.

Never again will you be deceived by concealed identities behind the masks—masks that suddenly become as obvious as a child's Halloween costume.

Here is the most vital technology to your future as a being. Because the only thing that can ever stop you, in any part of life, is suppression.

And once you know the tech of suppressives, you are impervious to their power. Forever.

GET THE TECH TO RECOGNIZE, CONFRONT AND SHATTER SUPPRESSION.

Do the How to Confront and Shatter Suppression Course. Come to Flag retreat and enroll—just START!

FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 1-800-POSTULATE OR E-MAIL: flagserviceorg@earthlink.net

Available in 15 languages: English, German, French, Itahan, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Hebrew, Japanese, Hungarian, Russian and Greek
Flyer © 2004 CSFSO, page 2 wrote: Image
THIS IS A GOLDEN AGE OF TECH COURSE, GIVING YOU TOTAL CERTAINTY ON:

The fundamental types of people—how you can spot their character, intentions and motives.

The discovery and description of the suppressive person.

Exactly how to spot the guises of suppression.

The complete mechanics of how the suppressive weaves this web while hiding behind a facade.

Ability to look at people and really know them— who your friends are and who your friends aren't.

How one goes the effect of suppression.

How to spot the true identity behind the mask and smash it.

The technical handlings to handle suppression and never go effect of it.

HUNDREDS OF GRADUATES WERE ASKED WHAT THEY WANTED YOU TO KNOW ABOUT THIS COURSE.

HERE'S WHAT THEY SAID:

"This is the course to do if you want to know how to handle people and to be cause."

"It enables you to be at cause over and spot and handle PTSness, suppression and the introversions/enturbulations connected with lowered tones of others (and self)."

"Wow! This course will put you at cause over everyone in your life and knowing what's the real game and how to play."

"It saved my life."

"It can handle personal stability in ways you can't even imagine."

"You can't survive without it!"

"This course is a matter of life and death, that's how important it is to do it."

"It's the only tool that would prevent you from falling back in the trap again."

"If you don't have it, you will be at effect of the insanity that exists in this universe. You are not effect. You are CAUSE."

"The end of endless rollercoastering."

"It means your ability to rapidly progress up the OT levels and through them which will be putting you at cause over life."

"It is impossible to fully survive and become alive without understanding this information."

"I don't know how I survived up until this point without this tech-but now I know that will never be a problem."

"This is the difference between going up or going down."

"STABILITY! It's knowing exactly who people are just by looking at them!"

"This course is the means to survive as a being into eternity."

THE PTS/SP COURSE WILL MEAN EVERY BIT AS MUCH TO YOU! COME TO FLAG AND ENROLL NOW!

© 2004 CSFSO. All Rights Reserved. FLAG and OT are trademarks and service marks owned by Religious Technology Center and are used with its permission. Services relating to Scientology religious philosophy are delivered throughout the world exclusively by licensees of the Church of Scientology International with the permission of Religious Technology Center, holder of the SCIENTOLOGY and DIANETICS trademarks. Printed in U.S.A. Job #10995541125

I'mglib
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by I'mglib » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:38 am

This is very enlightening, Caroline. Thanks for putting it all together.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Wieber » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:35 am

I had a few problems with that course. Two main ones stand out.

First off, after reading and drilling and demoing and clay demoing and writing essays on all the characteristics and attributes of the "suppressive person" I could still not identify anyone as such that I knew or had ever met. I did identify two or three people as such but I had no conviction about it. I identified those people as part of the drills and essays that were part of the course. The conclusion I drew was that I had no connections at all to anyone who was a "suppressive person."

The other problem I had was that the viewpoint of the course was geared toward scientology executives in the organization weeding out the lower ranking people in the organization as "suppressive persons." The assumption here was that anyone of high rank in scientology could not be a "suppressive person." The entire focus of the course is not to help the individual taking the course but to orient them along organizational lines so that they will be a good staff member or underling and who will do what they are told and not question it.

By way of contrast, when I read the material from psychiatric research dealing with sociopaths and psychopaths, without doing any drills, demos, essays or any of that I was able to identify many people I had known who were definitely psychopaths. Such people tend to be motivated by their own self interest. If they find themselves in scientology they either use it for their own ends or leave.

Those psychopaths that remain in scientology will escalate to executive positions, will use the organization to further their own ends and will be completely invisible as to their behavior because they are not accounted for in any of L. Ron Hubbard's writings and because the material on them is in the field of psychiatry, which is considered by L. Ron Hubbard to be "unworkable technology," which must be "hammered out of existence."

As Bugs Bunny has said, "It is to laugh!"
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

nightsinger

WTF

Post by nightsinger » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:48 am

I don't want to 'handle' people or 'be at cause over everyone' in my life.
I want to LOVE people. Not 'smash' their identities.
Big, big difference.

'It's knowing exactly who people are by just looking at them.'
Really?
Oh I'm tired of being nice about it.
Unless this course makes you psychic that's BULLSHIT. BULL-SHIT.
And it IS a loving thing to tell people 'Hey, don't step in the BULLSHIT.'
Meet people where they're at, and not where you think they ought to be.
These three things are for always: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is love.

caroline

Post by caroline » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Wieber wrote:The other problem I had was that the viewpoint of the course was geared toward scientology executives in the organization weeding out the lower ranking people in the organization as "suppressive persons." The assumption here was that anyone of high rank in scientology could not be a "suppressive person." The entire focus of the course is not to help the individual taking the course but to orient them along organizational lines so that they will be a good staff member or underling and who will do what they are told and not question it.
Yes, that's right. The org pays very close attention to people complaining about their personnel. The penalty for doing so is gruesome. The following HCOB is on the "How to Confront and Shatter Suppression Course."
From HCOB 24 November 1965 Level IV Search and Discovery by L. Ron Hubbard who wrote:THREE TYPES
There are three types of PTS.

Type I is the easy one. The SP on the case is right in present time, actively suppressing the person.

Type II is harder for the apparent suppressive person in present time is only a restimulator for the actual suppressive.

Type III is beyond the facilities of orgs not equipped with hospitals as these are entirely psychotic.

HANDLING TYPE I PTS

The Type I is normally handled by and Ethics Officer in the course of a hearing.

The person is asked if anyone is invalidating him or his gains or Scientology and if the person answers with a name and is then told to handle or disconnect from that person the good indicators come in promptly and the person is quite satisfied.

If however, there is no success in finding the SP on the case or if the person starts naming org personnel or other unlikely persons as SP, the Ethics Officer must realize that he is handling a Type II PTS and, because auditing will consume time, sends the person to Tech or Qual for a Search and Discovery.
[...]
The Type II always has an apparent SP who is not the SP on the case, is confusing the two and is acting PTS only because of restimulation, not because of suppression.
So naming a staff member SP will probably get the person a "Type II PTS" diagnosis/declare. The organization uses such "reactive" thinking as an opportunity to make Scientologists pay to find the "right" SP with a "Search and Discovery" auditing process. Until they stop suspecting staff members, such Scientologists are untrustworthy "potential trouble sources." Staff soon learn, however, to project their grievances onto org-approved or org-ordered SP targets.

Of course this didn't apply to Hubbard before he croaked, and now doesn't apply to Miscavige. DM is the one person in all of Scientology who is right 100% of the time about who is or isn't SP. And, as is very clear, he can and will name virtually any org personnel an SP, except himself naturally.

caroline

Post by caroline » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:56 pm

This 2005 Flag promo piece for the "How to Confront and Shatter Suppression" Course shows how Scientology relates illness and stress to SPs or "antisocial personalities." The term "antisocial personality" is used for wogs who wouldn't immediately understand the meme "Suppressive Person." Scientologists universally understand "SP." (Ref. Key words: SP doctrine.)
©2005 CSFSO promo, side 1 wrote: Image
"An SP confronted by someone who knows and can use all the tech concerning SPs would shatter."—L. Ron Hubbard

Successes from the "How to Confront and Shatter Suppression" Course:

Five years ago, I was diagnosed with a severe abdominal illness with pronounced physical symptoms. I tried ALL forms of the healing arts, from drugs to vegetables. I had been to two of the 'finest' doctors in LA.—they were absolutely stumped. They had no clue as to cure, and in the beginning, they told me there was no cure. As time went on and the disease progressed, they began to suggest removing large sections of my intestines to prevent cancer. As the side effects of the surgery were described, I thought of nothing else but dying. That's what I began to hope for.

"I told my mother I couldn't take life anymore and needed help. She told me to get into Scientology.

"I routed onto the PTS/SP Course. While on it, I read ONE particular page in Science of Survival and the lightning bolt struck. I sat FROZEN for ten minutes, realizing 'who' it was. I had searched before to no avail. But finally, there he was! And within 24 hours, my illness was 80% gone and one week, after that it was COMPLETELY gone! I stopped roller coastering and hating myself. I stopped hoping death would come.

"Now I am cured and on minimal medicine. No surgery, no cancer. And that is the power of the tech. Thanks to Ron for saving my life."—G.R.

From the start, I saw I really needed this course! I used to be very dispersed personally; that dispersal disappeared. I am really, really happy all the time —I can't tell you how happy!

"Now I know the truth and I can love everyone. I am in much better communication with my family and have even greater love for them.

"I can see the whole situation with society. Without the tech on SPs and PTS, the SPs are allowed to go around wrecking lives and so a lot of people are PTS. I had this situation myself before doing this course and my body was always sick. Now I'm well and strong. Every day I feel brighter. Suppression cannot affect me and I have more freedom. Nobody can stop me. I have more power and I just keep going toward my goal. And best of all, I can now communicate and give people tech to make them happy.

"If you just keep plugging at your job, getting no tech, trying to get by, you will just go down. You must continually get LRH tech and I really recommend the PTS/SP Course—it gives you the tools to flourish and prosper, to go free and to move up The Bridge!"—I.C.

© 2005 CSFSO. All Rights Reserved. Grateful acknowledgement is made to L. Ron Hubbard Library for permission to reproduce selections from the copyrighted works of L. Ron Hubbard. SCIENTOLOGY, L. RON HUBBARD, LRH and THE BRIDGE are trademarks and service marks owned by Religious Technology Center and are used with its permission. Services related to Scientology religious philosophy are delivered throughout the world exclusively by licensees of the Church of Scientology International with the permission of Religious Technology Center, holder of the SCIENTOLOGY and DIANETICS trademarks. Printed in U.S.A. Job #11140550310

Maybe it's not stress
Maybe you're just suppressed...
by an antisocial personality
©2005 CSFSO promo, side 2 wrote: Image
GET THE TOOLS TO CONFRONT AND SHATTER SUPPRESSION

Realize this: if you're not flourishing and prospering right now, then there's a very good chance you're under suppression in some area of your life. And the How to Confront and Shatter Suppression PTS/SP Course is the remedy.

It's the most popular course in Scientology, for good reason. Surveys of those who've done the course found it puts one at a whole new level of cause in life, makes one able to spot a suppressive person a mile away and gives the ability and tools to handle any suppression, fast. And that's just for starters.

THE BASIS OF SUCCESS

Underlying the success of the PTS/SP Course is the fundamental LRH datum:

"IF ONE KNOWS THE TECH OF HOW TO DO SOMETHING AND CAN DO IT, AND USES IT, HE CANNNOT BE THE THE ADVERSE EFFECT OF IT....

"An SP confronted by someone who knows and can use all the tech concerning SPs would shatter."—L Ron Hubbard

With the PTS/SP Course you will know all the tech and you will have the ability to use it. The revolutionary PTS/SP tech is laid out on a smooth gradient with dozens of practical and demonstrations to make every concept clear. Golden Age of Tech drills bring it all together so that you know you can apply the tech with utter certainty.

This is the tech you need. Indeed, as LRH says: "A full and complete PTS handling would consist of getting the person through his PTSness and then getting him through the PTS/SP Course. This must be included as part of the handling, as otherwise the person will never learn the full mechanics that had been wrecking his life."

The PTS/SP Course will take you to an entirely new level in the only game worth playing: Scientology.

Moreover, when asked who should do the PTS/SP Course, LRH replied: "Every one of them. They live in the United States. They live in England. They have governments. They are on planet Earth."

THIS IS A GOLDEN AGE DF TECH COURSE GIVING YOU TOTAL CERTAINTY ON:

* The fundamental types of people—how you can spot their character, intentions and motives.

* The discovery and description of the suppressive person.

* Exactly how to spot the guises of suppression.

* The complete mechanics of how the suppressive weaves his web while hiding behind a facade.

* Ability to look at people and really know them—who your friends are and who your friends are not.

* How one goes the effect of suppression.

* How to spot the true identity behind the mask and smash it.

* The technical handlings to handle suppression and never go effect of it.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:41 pm

But wait! There's more!

L. Ron gives the cause of a person becoming a suppressive person. The reason a person becomes a suppressive person is because there is a "past life" "incident" back on the "whole track" where the person was under heavy attack from a large number of adversaries and where the person was totally "overwhelmed."

That "incident" stuck them in time in that "incident" and forever after they are stuck in time at that one "incident." Time does not move for them. That's the reason they cannot get "case gain" from scientology. For one thing dianetics requires the person to move around in time. If they can't move around in time they can't view any "incidents" and they cannot "as is" anything.

There's Davey Crockett at the Alamo, the last man standing as the unstoppable hoards of Santa Ana's troops move in on him and overwhelm him and as he dies Davey Crockett becomes stuck in time in that "incident" and forever after is a suppressive person. His emotional tone is now and forever after "1.1, covert hostility."

L. Ron goes on to say that the suppressive person paints his environment and the people around him with the incident that they are stuck in. They see everyone as the ones who attacked them in the incident and feel threatened by them so they do everything they can to destroy everyone and they do this covertly.

So Davey Crockett gets a new body and everyone he now sees is a Mexican soldier armed with a rifle and bayonet attacking him. Now since Davey Crockett doesn't have Old Betsy any more he has to resort to subterfuge to do in the people around him.

For some reason he then seeks out scientology orgs in order to destroy them because he is an anti scientologist because of the "incident" he is stuck in.

I swear I am not making this shit up. OK. I made up the Davey Crockett part as an example.

L. Ron had a way to get a person out of that incident so they would not be a suppressive person any more. The way to do that is to run the highest level "power process" on a person. I have no idea what that is. The "power processes" are confidential and I have never seen them or read them.

From studying everything on the "PTS/SP" course one runs into many cognitive dissonance moments. Let me just go through a couple.

1. They declared John, the OT IV suppressive? Huh? If he was OT IV he must have had case gain and couldn't be an SP.

2. John Mayo, among others had been around and with L. Ron Hubbard for years. Then suddenly it is discovered that all of these people were suppressive persons making scientology do bad things. Huh? How come L. Ron Hubbard didn't notice? He wrote the f**king tech. You would think he would be expert at applying it.

"Suppressive person" and "SP" have become "buttons" that are used to control people in scientology, especially those on staff. In addition to that people are threatened with being "declared" "suppressive" as a means to control them.

The "SP/PTS" course is supposed to have all the materials in scientology on the subject of "suppressive persons." One thing that comes through in studying this stuff is that it is just chock full of changes, alterations and inconsistencies.

Here's my take. It's all made up nonsense. There is no such thing as a "suppressive person" in any of the ways L. Ron Hubbard coined the term and then defined it. I think behind it all L. Ron Hubbard had attempted to give scientology its very own boogeyman.
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:02 am

Good thread.

So, how DO they explain not being able to know someone is an SP before they get up to, say, OT7? That seems like a huge problem.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:33 am

So, how DO they explain not being able to know someone is an SP before they get up to, say, OT7? That seems like a huge problem.
I think you are not supposed to ask that question.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”