Mother Bear Defends Cub

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
songbird
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mother Bear Defends Cub

Post by songbird » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:14 pm

I have been asked to post the following press release from Susan Lentsch, who is not registered to post here at OCMB. Susan tells me that this press release has gone out to various media outlets this morning.

She asks me to say this for her: “I am hoping that my ‘coming out’ will encourage other brokenhearted families to do the same and take action.”

She asks me to share this quotation, which has inspired her:
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”
--Ambrose Redmoon

For her, Susan says, the “something else” is love and integrity.

Here is the Press Release:

PRESS RELEASE
Portland, Oregon - March 11, 2008
-- For Immediate Release --

Portland, OR resident Susan Lentsch is issuing a public statement on March 15 at the Scientology Headquarters Los Angeles, CA, calling on her daughter's employer, the Church of Scientology, to permit her daughter, Katherine "Kate" Olson, to come home from Los Angeles to Portland to visit her family. Ms. Lentsch has seen Kate for only six days during the past 15 years and reports that the Church of Scientology has forbidden Kate to leave the facility where she both works and is housed in order to visit family.

Kate was recruited into the Sea Organization (Sea Org), an affiliate of the Church of Scientology, in 1993, at age 17. Susan Lentsch, at that time a Scientologist, signed papers permitting her minor daughter to become a Sea Org employee; Ms. Lentsch states she signed the forms under pressure and while influenced by Scientology indoctrination.

"At that time, being a Scientologist, I saw it as an honor that my daughter qualified for the 'elite' corps known as the Sea Organization," says Ms. Lentsch. She was reassured during the recruitment process that her daughter would get room, board, medical and dental care, and vacations.

"My upset with the Sea Org is that it has not honored the Scientology Staff Contract my daughter signed 15 years ago, which stated that Sea Org members are permitted three (3) weeks Holiday per continuous active year," Ms. Lentsch states.

Kate was denied permission to attend a Christmas family reunion in Minnesota, even though she had previously been told that she could do so and Ms. Lentsch had provided a train ticket for her. "The phone call from Kate notifying me that she could not leave for the reunion was particularly disturbing," Ms. Lentsch reports. "Kate was crying when she was put on the speaker phone to say hello to her grandparents during the reunion."

In recent years, Ms. Lentsch has noticed Kate's infrequent phone conversations with her have changed. "My daughter and I could not discuss any intimate feelings or family matters with each other. Kate began sounding like a broken record, always saying 'everything is fine'. She was vague about her day-to-day life and mostly wanted to talk about Scientology. The only time Kate sounded like herself was when she mentioned travel plans to see us. She would really come alive and sounded excited and enthused to see us," Ms. Lentsch reports. But time after time, Kate's vacation requests have been denied by her employer, the Sea Org.

Ms. Lentsch felt that she was growing distant from her daughter, and that she was losing her 'real' Kate. She later learned that outbound and inbound calls to Sea Org staff are monitored and staff are drilled on what to say to family. Ms. Lentsch states, "This explained why Kate and I seemed to be playing 'pretend' during our phone conversations--like there was an inexplicable wall between us."

Ms. Lentsch began doing research and talking to former Sea Org members. She met a past co-worker of Kate's, who had personally witnessed Kate being physically abused in the Sea Org. Alarmed, Susan briefly visited Kate in Los Angeles; when she confronted Kate with the information about the abuse, Kate was quite flustered, did not deny the allegation, and made statements to downplay the abuse incident and protect the Scientology image. Ms. Lentsch believes that Kate is in poor health and is not receiving medical treatment. She is greatly concerned about her daughter's mental well-being.

"I did not tell Kate for the longest time that I was no longer a Scientologist, for fear that I would be declared a 'Suppressive Person' (enemy of Scientology) and my daughter would be forced to sever all ties with me under Scientology's 'disconnection' policy," states Ms. Lentsch.

"I left my Church because I was noticing the hypocrisies between what the Church tells the public versus what it actually does and then tries to hide. I did not wish to remain in a group that breaks up families and does not even trust its own staff to use their hard-earned vacation time and see their families. Living in fear and under threats is not spiritual to me," Ms. Lentsch states. "The administration of the Church of Scientology is an oppressive organization. This is the worst betrayal."

On February 25, Ms. Lentsch issued the Sea Organization an ultimatum: "Have my daughter at home in my living room within two weeks, or I will go to law enforcement and the media."

The March 10 deadline passed without any response from the Sea Organization.

Her public statement will be read by attorney Graham Berry in front of Scientology's Los Angeles headquarters at a protest scheduled for March 15.

- END -

RealityWillTell
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by RealityWillTell » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:25 pm

It is incredible that more and more people with these horror stories about the church of scientology are finally coming forward to challenge this criminal cult with their misdeeds and lies.

The more the floodgates open (and they are doing so everyday) the faster the world will turn it eyes towards Hubbard's criminal cult and end it once and for all!!!!!

Kudos to you Susan Lentsch and all those who have stepped forward to testify as to the reality of scientology's horrors!!!!

:thumright: :salut: :thumleft:

songbird

Post by songbird » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Please see nearby thread: viewtopic.php?t=26104

Braveheart's Girlfriend

Post by Braveheart's Girlfriend » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:39 pm

It's really heartening to see more and more people taking a public stand against the atrocities this "church" commits. Good for Susan Lentsch!

The quote

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”
--Ambrose Redmoon

is apt as we head into the protests on the 15th, and the fact Graham Berry will be reading it is very moving.

Bless ya, songbird, for being the messenger.
http://alley.ethercat.com/door/

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:43 pm

Wow, I wish more families would take a stand. That is the only way that the cult will lose power over its members/prisoners like those in the sea org.

songbird

Post by songbird » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Braveheart's Girlfriend wrote:It's really heartening to see more and more people taking a public stand against the atrocities this "church" commits. Good for Susan Lentsch!

The quote

--Ambrose Redmoon

is apt as we head into the protests on the 15th, and the fact Graham Berry will be reading it is very moving.

Bless ya, songbird, for being the messenger.
Hi, BG!
Will you carry a sign for Kate Olson? :D

Never mind blessing me ... bless Susan Lentsch ... I've never known a braver person. Never.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:49 pm

I sent a copy of the press release into the heartland of American Conservatism.

I have been told the things I send get wide distribution.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

songbird

Post by songbird » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:52 pm

Thank you, Wieber ... excellent idea.
To those who have contacts in the media, please circulate this Press Release as widely as possible. Many thanks!

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:55 pm

While we are at it, send this release to your local politicians...

Roan

Post by Roan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:19 pm

songbird wrote:Hi, BG!
Will you carry a sign for Kate Olson? :D

Never mind blessing me ... bless Susan Lentsch ... I've never known a braver person. Never.
I will personally be knocking on doors in L.A. on the 15th, with the legitimate enquiry for all the Scientology staff I encounter:
"I'm here to speak with Kate Olson, where is she? Go and get her please. She's working you say? On her post? Go get her, she's obligated a break in her schedule. Thank you."

Perhaps I didn't read the threads about this closely enough... do we know exactly where she is posted? I have no problem with walking up (accompanied by an Anonymous videographer) and knocking on that door to ask questions.

“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

songbird

Post by songbird » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Thank you, Roan!
Very much. :D

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:06 am

Thank you to Songbird for posting this, and Susan.....this is amazing.

Many of us will be asking for her----------this WILL happen.

I'm speaking to another "pissed off parent" as I type, to quote her.

THIS IS GOING TO BREAK THIS OPEN!

May they all be set FREE. :cheers:

Love to all helping expose this insidious CULT. :alien:

Tory/Magoo~~~

songbird

Post by songbird » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:18 am

Thanks, Tory, m'dear.
Susan is reading, though not yet posting here.
She will see your kind comments and good wishes.
Thanks to one and all who are rising to support her. :D

Dunvegan

Post by Dunvegan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:18 am

On February 25, Ms. Lentsch issued the Sea Organization an ultimatum: "Have my daughter at home in my living room within two weeks, or I will go to law enforcement and the media."

I don't know Susan Lentsch, but I LOVE Susan Lentsch!

You. Go. Mom!

It's time. Reconnection Time.

More, Tory...More Moms! An ARMY of Mothers!

Thank you, Songbird. Incredible.

Susan...may you lead the way.

This is wonderful. :D
--
Dunvegan

Emma1

Post by Emma1 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:21 pm

SUSAN!

You are hereby commended by ESK for being a responsible, caring parent! You have our undying support and affection. If there's ANYTHING exscientologykids.com can do, let us know.

-Kendra Wiseman

Return to “Opinions & Debate”