Get rid of those pesky Business-Reply Envelopes

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
no_8c_now
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Get rid of those pesky Business-Reply Envelopes

Post by no_8c_now » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:24 am

The cult loves to send out promo and they love getting acknowledgements. Help them increase their inflow. I'm sure booming stats will soon follow.

Check it out...

http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/bulkmailer/

Sea Horse
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sea Horse » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:38 am

Brilliant! You just reminded me that I have two-inches thick of COS BREs in my desk drawer. Of all the COS crap I threw out, sold, or filed away (evidence), I completely forgot about those old BREs. I had saved them so I could write to the orgs without paying postage... you know... like mailing a Knowledge Report on some Scientologist asshole. It's bad enough feeling compelled to write those damn KRs (when you're still in COS), but having to pay postage to mail them too?!?!?!

Now I think I'll get creative about the BRE disposal. :twisted:

Hmm... anti-COS flyers, KRs on orgs themselves, OTIII. I could get really creative here. (And thanks for the new two spare inches in my desk drawer, no_8c_now!)

Any other ideas, guys?
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:02 am

Great Sea Horse!

While in the SO I noticed they seemed to have this obsession with collecting broken vacuum cleaners. Odd yes, some people collect the strangest things. I'm sure they wouldn't mind picking up the postage if you helped them add to their impressive collection.

Knusern

Post by Knusern » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:07 am

How about sending them Fish entrails weekly?
I dont want religious freedom, what i want is freedom from religion.

An0nand0n

Re: Get rid of those pesky Business-Reply Envelopes

Post by An0nand0n » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:29 am

no_8c_now wrote:The cult loves to send out promo and they love getting acknowledgements. Help them increase their inflow. I'm sure booming stats will soon follow.

Check it out...

^^^^ Epic. I have a shoebox. I have 3 bricks. I have duct tape. Now all I need is someone stupid enough to send me bulk mail...
Epic Nose Guy stands up for his rights: http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4lGYogQHIg

Ex Sea Org member (London) speaks out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaoHISt7sNc

Ceiling Scilon is watching you enturbulate: http://youtube.com/watch?v=61d6iAY6Dzs

Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:49 pm

An0nand0n wrote:
no_8c_now wrote:The cult loves to send out promo and they love getting acknowledgements. Help them increase their inflow. I'm sure booming stats will soon follow.

Check it out...

^^^^ Epic. I have a shoebox. I have 3 bricks. I have duct tape. Now all I need is someone stupid enough to send me bulk mail...
If you really really want those BRE's, go to your local org, take a personality test and let them sell you a Dianetics book. Your fake name and real address that you have given them will then be circulated to ASHO, AOLA, and Flag. You will get lots and lots of mail from all of them. You might need to find a building that is being demolished, though. Three bricks won't go very far. :D
Ex Sea Org Helpline
[url]http://www.exseaorg.com/[/url]

Tsar von Humbug

Post by Tsar von Humbug » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:05 pm

Kookaburra wrote: If you really really want those BRE's, go to your local org, take a personality test and let them sell you a Dianetics book. Your fake name and real address that you have given them will then be circulated to ASHO, AOLA, and Flag. You will get lots and lots of mail from all of them. You might need to find a building that is being demolished, though. Three bricks won't go very far. :D
This could become an internet meme. We need a name for this new phenomenon of using BREs to mail bricks to COS - brick rolled?

On second thoughts, as funny as this seems, sending bricks probably is harassment and best avoided. Remember they're looking for excuses. We don't need to give them any. On the other hand, no one really can object to just a flyer.
[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?x06z9idz1yb]Protest Flyer.[/url] [url=http://www.mediafire.com/?xw30w1xlydf]Tax Flyer.[/url] [url=http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst]Prof Touretzky's Site.[/url] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li_rIfMguyg]London 3/15[/url]

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:47 pm

Do you think you need an actual BRE or would a copy of it work also? I think it would work.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:01 pm

no_8c_now wrote:Great Sea Horse!

While in the SO I noticed they seemed to have this obsession with collecting broken vacuum cleaners. Odd yes, some people collect the strangest things. I'm sure they wouldn't mind picking up the postage if you helped them add to their impressive collection.
OMG, that is so true, No-8C!!! Vacuum cleaner wars are legendary in the Sea Org. If you share your vaccuum you will never see it again or it will get broken, then you have spend your CSP time chicken pickkin your area by hand to white glove perfection.

Maybe write messages on vacuum cleaner bags or parts and send them to the cult. They would have a real problem throwing out a vacuum bag. Generic brands are probably pretty cheap at wal-mart or 99Cent store.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

fowimu

Post by fowimu » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:08 pm

Great idea! I hope people do it! There spending so much money on lawyers going after anons.........what is some bulk mailing? They lost my address when I moved for the 4rth time. My dh and I used to have fun filling out crude names and addresses. I sent almost every single one I got back. What can I say it was free fun and money was tight at the time.

solitaire

Post by solitaire » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:08 pm

I've done a "pass-the-parcel" with those reply envelopes!

I get a dozen or so different Business reply envelopes and a series of smaller envelopes / boxes...

First you stick in a note into the first reply envelope saying something like "you Win The Pass the Parcel game! please return this to the P.O Box below for your prize" then stick that in a slightly larger envelope with a message saying "please post this. it's free to post"

well you get the idea!

Until you are left with a big heavy box filled with different reply envelopes.

So one parcel racks up a huge amount of excess postage for the first few recipients.

and the prize....

a brick in one of their reply envelopes :D:D lol
Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:15 pm

Vaccuum cleaners? That's hilarious.

When I joined the Sea Org in the mid-1990s, and was stuck on the EPF for months on end because my org couldn't/wouldn't do a Fitness Board, I repaired many a vacuum cleaner. I learned where the local Los Angeles vacuum cleaner replair place was, too. Great guys!

Even more hilarious... when I left my home town to arrive in the Sea Org, I gave my old vacuum cleaner to a family who had recently LEFT the Sea Org. When *I* left the Sea Org and returned back home, this family GAVE ME BACK THE VACUUM CLEANER and $400 (of what they owed me... the ONLY payment they ever made to me on their debt). Now the v.c. wasn't the only object I gave them when I left town, but it was the only 'thing' they gave back to me.

Hillarious as hell when you think about it. They valued the vacuum cleaner, and they rewarded me for leaving the Sea Org.

And I still have that vacuum cleaner to this day (over a decade later). The poor thing is on its last legs and I've been debating buying a new one.

What a brilliant idea. Mail it to the PAC EPF with a BRE!!!!!!!! The Sea Org will get more use out of it!!!!

Rekov

Post by Rekov » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:20 pm

no_8c_now wrote:Do you think you need an actual BRE or would a copy of it work also? I think it would work.
If this is true, can someone please upload an image of a CoS BRE? Also, I would recommend against bricks and fish entrails. Send informational fliers about the freezone.

StormBringer

Post by StormBringer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:26 pm

be careful about what you mail the USPS does not take to kindly to someone sending something dangerous thru the mail.
If you are going to send bricks make sure they are yellow. Then maybe they can finish the SP building.

Atheist

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:08 pm

Rekov wrote:If this is true, can someone please upload an image of a CoS BRE?
Stand by... scanning... DONE
Scanning done. 18 different BREs.

Download BREs.pdf

or

http://f4.filecrunch.com/files/20080331 ... 3/BREs.pdf

I recommend you use these for only legal purposes. You could, for example, write to ask for your money back.
:)

Return to “Opinions & Debate”