Update on Norwegian suicide

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
admin
Site Admin

Update on Norwegian suicide

Post by admin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:50 pm

The media coverage on this in Norway has been unprecedented for any event ever related to CoS. I was on the phone or in studio all day yesterday to help explain what has happened. Had to fly to Oslo to attend several live TV debates. I seriously doubt there is one person left in Norway who has not learned about this tragedy by now.

I can't list them all, but some of the press coverage and a few pictures are linked here:

http://www.xenu.net/news/

You can see a picture series of the head of CoS in Norway, Matthias Fosse and me here (taken at TV studio between debates yesterday):

http://sesam.no/search/?q=matthias+fosse&x=0&y=0&c=pp
http://sesam.no/search/?c=pp&q=heldal-lund

This is very high profile and the media is working overtime to cover this! The direct connection to the Church of Scientology is unusually clear and her father is a very high profiled and influential politician in Norway. He has been in the Norwegian Parliament since 1997, he studied medicine at University of Würzburg, and has been a doctor. He is a member of the Standing Committee on Justice (!) and the Vice President of the Odelsting (the "lower house" in the Parliament).The Norwegian Minister of Finance and many others attended Kaja's funeral. At the service the priest made a clear and special effort to link her death to the Church of Scientology.

The family has asked that this tragic story is debated publicly and friends of Kaja have been told they should become critics of the Church of Scientology. This is not going away. The close family has said they trust the French police and are awaiting the result of their investigation.

I hope the May 10 picket in Oslo will be an event respectful of her memory and something Norwegians will remember a long time.

I'll try to keep you updated.

Take care.
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

songbird
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by songbird » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Thanks, Andreas.

Kilia
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Kilia » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:09 am

Thank you for the update, Andreas. Indeed this is a monumental situation for Norway.

Unlisted

Post by Unlisted » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:19 am

A small correction to Andreas' post:

Olav Gunnar Ballo was on the Justice committee, he is now a member of the Health and Care committee:

Code: Select all

2007-  Member of The Standing Committee on Health and Care Services
2005-2007: Second deputy Chairman of the Standing Committee on Justice

1997-2005 : Member of the Standing Committee on Health and Social Affairs
Adding:
Andreas you were AWESOME, I'm seriously impressed how calm you were and how you were able to deliver the facts while Matthias got more and more pissy. I hope that you'll be able to participate in more debates because Matthias was visibly running out of arguements, keep it up and I am sure you'll break through to him.

BTW what level is he? Some people are saying that he's a pre-clear? That doesn't make sense.
Last edited by Unlisted on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:22 am

In this video clip from the live debate on TV yesterday, the cult spokesperson denies, after repeated direct questions, that the cult has hired and had meetings with private investigators about me:

http://www.tv2.no/nyhetene/tabloid/article1761178.ece

I look so forward to ending up in court with this guy. He's lying and lying and lying, and now I also have proof from live television. Because I got info and people he wouldn't dream about...

Matthias is struggling to be a good Scientologist and still keep some of his humanity. But as the spokesperson for this "chhurch" you can see in his eyes it is starting to become a huge problem.He's not a bad person and he's starting to see that he might have crossed over to the dark side.
Andreas @ www.xenu.net

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:23 am

Thanks Unlisted, you are absolutely right.
Andreas @ www.xenu.net

Unlisted

Post by Unlisted » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:24 am

admin wrote:In this video clip from the live debate on TV yesterday, the cult spokesperson denies, after repeated direct questions, that the cult has hired and had meetings with private investigators about me:

I look so forward to ending up in court with this guy. He's lying and lying and lying, and now I also have proof from live television. Because I got info and people he wouldn't dream about...

Matthias is struggling to be a good Scientologist and still keep some of his humanity. But as the spokesperson for this "chhurch" you can see in his eyes it is starting to become a huge problem.He's not a bad person and he's starting to see that he might have crossed over to the dark side.
That's what I thought as well. I hope for the best :)

fowimu

Post by fowimu » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:26 am

Thank you Andreas!

Fanboy The Great And...

Post by Fanboy The Great And... » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:29 am

admin wrote:In this video clip from the live debate on TV yesterday, the cult spokesperson denies, after repeated direct questions, that the cult has hired and had meetings with private investigators about me:

Oooh, if you can get it into court soon, like the next few months.... a judge would be quite swayed by the current events, no?
"Of course he went by Ron; who would have
taken a guy named Lafayette seriously?"

"Scientology is only about convincing the able they're crippled,
and lying to the crippled with the promise of making them able."

Hippo

Post by Hippo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:30 am

I'm out of the loop here, are you involved in an existing lawsuit with CO$ in Norway? Or are you anticipating something to be coming up? I wasn't sure if the reference to "court" was hypothetical or if a case is actually pending.

I'm new here and mainly lurk. Thanks for any info.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:54 am

Hippo wrote:I'm out of the loop here, are you involved in an existing lawsuit with CO$ in Norway? Or are you anticipating something to be coming up? I wasn't sure if the reference to "court" was hypothetical or if a case is actually pending.

I'm new here and mainly lurk. Thanks for any info.
There is no lawsuit as far a I am aware. As regards anything that might be coming up, well, I expect that it is under "need to know" restrictions.
I'd love to have a peek behind the wrapping paper too but I expect that Andreas will not want to give the cult any advance warning of any major action that he may or may not be engaged in. The cult makes bigger and better footbullets when you catch them off guard. ;)

(There's also the idea of making suggestive comments just to mess with the cultie's heads ;) )

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:39 am

Andreas has this great quote on his sig line which I think is the best ever and is very apt in light of this tragic news...

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:47 am

Thank you for the update and photos, Andreas.
My love and sympathies to the family, too.

Ok, so when you're talking, what are you saying that the Scio says,
"No" To?

And then what did you say that he brings in Tom Cruise?

Lastly, if you haven't already, please have them show you the print
out of the exact results of the daughter's "Personality Test" and what
was said to her. (It's computerized, and if they haven't destroyed it
already---there should be a copy of it in her folder).

Even IF they destroyed it, just have someone similar to her do a test,
and get the print outs. You'll see how utterly HORRIBLE they are. WE used
to say so back when I was "in".

My best to you :wink:

Tory/Magoo~~~

Plups

Post by Plups » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:03 am

Andreas, I sent some information about the CoS training and your contact details to the Ballo's lawyer, Stein Serradj.
www.exscientologykids.org little davey miscavige: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXf8-DiZNa4

[quote="admin"][u][b]STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS (!)[/b][/u]... Thanks![/quote]

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:20 am

"Norwegian Media Coverage Of Scientology Related Suicide Unprecedented"
http://glosslip.com/2008/04/16/norwegia ... ecedented/

Wise Bespectacled Woman, Dawn, from Glosslip says:
Glosslip.com wrote:Contrary to earlier assumptions Kaja’s family has encouraged on-going debate about her tragic death. Norway has a history of being open and accepting of all faiths, for this progressive Scandinavian country which lives in relative peace and equanimity to blatantly point the finger at a “religious” organization is as Andreas points out “unprecedented.” As Glosslip has been warning for months, the United States better get with the program or it will be left looking the fool for allowing a dangerous organization to not just operate within its borders, but FLOURISH, all under the protective watch of our First Amendment. I won’t even mention the unfair tax break only Scientology gets. Oh wait, I just did.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”