Eternally Grateful for Anonymous

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Plups
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Eternally Grateful for Anonymous

Post by Plups » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:00 pm

daisy wrote:These beautiful souls educated the public, were courteous, courageous and stood there with me and expected nothing more from me. And they thought I was brave! Far from it.

The next time I stood with them, it was totally a different experience. They gave me something that scientology took away from me, some life force I quess you could say and for this, I will be eternally grateful.

I love you Anonymous, I thank you and I will always stand by you.

Love, Martha
Beautiful lady, you are the reason I'm in this; I'm here in the hope that somehow our presence helps someone to feel and to be more free from fear.

Most of Anonymous are not afraid, and therefore we are not being brave at all. But you felt the fear and did it anyway. Don't minimise your courage.

Together, we are something marvellous.

My love to you.
www.exscientologykids.org little davey miscavige: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXf8-DiZNa4

[quote="admin"][u][b]STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS (!)[/b][/u]... Thanks![/quote]

Lisafer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lisafer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:14 pm

daisy wrote:...The next time I stood with them, it was totally a different experience. They gave me something that scientology took away from me, some life force I quess you could say and for this, I will be eternally grateful.
...Love, Martha
That may have been one of the most beautiful and powerful statements I've ever read here.

Hugs to you Martha.

jax

Post by jax » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:25 pm

daisy wrote:Along comes Anonymous and I felt that maybe, just maybe there was hope that people would become aware of what this cult was doing. I went to my first picket because I knew Anonymous would be there and they would give me courage. And they did, I stayed and protested with them. I couldn't even pass out fliers, I was too nervous to do so. So I stood there with my sign very serious looking I'm sure. But not Anonymous. These beautiful souls educated the public, were courteous, courageous and stood there with me and expected nothing more from me. And they thought I was brave! Far from it.
The next time I stood with them, it was totally a different experience. They gave me something that scientology took away from me, some life force I quess you could say and for this, I will be eternally grateful.
I love you Anonymous, I thank you and I will always stand by you.
Love, Martha
Smithers wrote:Thank you so much for your kind words. You are truly brave, for daring to escape from the cult and for protesting.

Smithers is right Daisy.
I haven't participated in any protests (yet).
When the very first protest got underway I was so excited. I was glued to my computer looking at images, videos & posts about it.
I spent the entire next day watching everything I could get my mouse on about it. Then I spent evenings after work looking & looking.
I have done the same thing with each protest that followed--I never get tired of it!
The nearest church is far from me, but I am starting to think about taking a trip.
Smithers wrote:While others don't agree with the Anonymous protests, I see them as important in raising public awareness and interest, and showing that there are people who oppose the cult's abuses and want them to stop. It is true that this won't directly change the law, but it does comfort ex-scientologists, and it even emboldens some to speak because they know they will be heard.

If any critics wish to distance themselves from Anonymous they are welcome to. We are not in this to steal your thunder or take credit for your years of efforts. We will always respect and value the "Old Guard" because of the wealth of experience, information and advice that has been generously provided.
I don't see any of this as "stealing thunder". I see it as ADDED thunder, thunder that is needed & is of revolutionary proportions.
I have always hoped that I would live to see the day when the true nature of the church would be revealed to the public on a grand scale.
Now I have hope that the church will finally be held accountable for it's actions, that hope wasn't as bright before Anonymous arrived on the scene.
Just like Daisy, I am thankful for every single person who participates in each protest or makes awesome videos or writes letters & all other activities that are making a difference.
It is both comforting & encouraging at the same time.
Thanks Anonymous!! :D

whatntha

Post by whatntha » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Daisy wrote:Along comes Anonymous and I felt that maybe, just maybe there was hope that people would become aware of what this cult was doing.
Martha, I am so glad you are out! Old Guard laid the groundwork and now Anonymous is getting the word out on a global scale. I have had a lot of hope too lately. Thank you for your eloquent post.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:47 pm

Thank you Daisy! That is exactly how I feel about anonymous, and you said it so well!

Caek for Daisy!

[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Alanzo

Post by Alanzo » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Ladybird wrote:Thank you Daisy! That is exactly how I feel about anonymous, and you said it so well!

Caek for Daisy!

Man! That's a really nice cake!
http://alanzosblog.blogspot.com

Plups

Post by Plups » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Dear Martha,

someone shared your post at enturbulation. You might like to see the responses there:

http://forums.enturbulation.org/7-gener ... -ex-11393/
www.exscientologykids.org little davey miscavige: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXf8-DiZNa4

almondjoy

Post by almondjoy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:03 pm

Martha, your post has really touched me. As someone who hasn't picketed yet for several reasons (been too scared, no one to go with, don't have the verbal skills I think it takes to educate the public on the cult), I TOTALLY understand how you must have felt at your first picket. When you wrote about being too nervous to even hand out fliers, I could relate as I'm sure that's how I'd be if I were in the same situation. But I want you to know that your post may very well be the thing that finally gets my arse out the door to my nearest picket next month. I've been teetering on the edge and I think you have just pushed me over it. THANK YOU.

Re Anonymous, I haven't kept up on all the threads here but from what I HAVE seen I find that Anonymous is a HUGE breath of fresh air and brings such a great new passion to the OG and to myself as a critic of the CoS. I was just telling my husband yesterday how the cult has lies...but we have caek! ;) How can you not love a group that can have such a sublime sense of humor and of fun while they're bringing the cult to its knees? It's friggin' poetry in motion if you ask me. Just thinking about it actually makes me a bit misty. To see people rising up and truly caring about this subject in a way I never thought I'd live to see...I just can't thank Anonymous enough for that.
[b]Acronym for L.Ron Hubbard: Science-Fiction Author That Achieved Notoriety = SATAN[/b]

WhiteRose

Post by WhiteRose » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:12 pm

This thread makes me happy. I know some people who wonder why I'm so passionate about this.

You guys are why. Those of you who hurt, who are afraid, who feel alone, who feel like there's no one to take your side against the lies Scientology has told about you.

I'm sure some are still afraid to step out, because they've had hope before, and then been disappointed when nothing really came of it. I hope this time seems different, and that it's making a huge difference. I sure think it is, just because now people mention it to ME rather than me (as a participant for only the past 4 months) having to bring it up.

Those of you who fear that everyone will get bored, or scared, or just forget about all this and leave you hanging due to rumored short attention spans -- all of us now know that to do so would be the grossest of neglect, and would leave a lot of people vulnerable. Many, many of us are grownups, with jobs, with families and lives, and we are very mindful of the vulnerable position so many of YOU are in, as ex-Scientologists. We're not playing around, goofing off, taking this as a joke or just something to do until something more "fun" comes along.

We're not going anywhere. You don't have our names, but you can trust us in the sense that we won't quit, won't let you get picked on, won't let the CoS come after you without defending you, standing with you, and supporting you.

Because it's a strength, I'll stay "anonymous" as long as I can, and be careful so that no one has to "rescue" ME, but if push comes to shove, I, for one, will stand with you.

Love & hugs back to you all,
One anonymous person
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.” ~ Oscar Wilde

Jono

Post by Jono » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:16 pm

Almondjoy, I am in the same position as you.. I haven't got the guts yet, but I really want to, and thus Whiterose, your dedication I am very very grateful for. It means so much to a lot of people.
Listening to lots of different views
rather than just one means you can decide for yourself, instead of being told what to think.
Don't you agree? You don't have to of course.

DSAnon

Post by DSAnon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:26 pm

I agree with the Anons on Enturb Martha.....

Your post made my screen all blurry.... :wink:

That was truly touching...thank you.

Plups

Post by Plups » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:32 pm

Jono wrote:Almondjoy, I am in the same position as you.. I haven't got the guts yet, but I really want to, and thus Whiterose, your dedication I am very very grateful for. It means so much to a lot of people.
Hi Jono, I hope you don't feel at all bad about not feeling able yet to protest or speak up publicly. I feel excited for those who aren't public, but who feel encouraged and hopeful. When the time is right, you'll speak out. Until then, keep being restored and healed - and enjoy the reports, the photos and the videos!

Jono

Post by Jono » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Plups. I certainly do make a point of checking out the progress on the protests. I guess it's difficult when there is a lot to lose close at home from the practice of disconnection.. the slight risk of being outed etc. I wish protesters would direct more picket signs to those still in (even if it alienates some public with terminology).
Listening to lots of different views
rather than just one means you can decide for yourself, instead of being told what to think.
Don't you agree? You don't have to of course.

songbird

Post by songbird » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:51 pm

daisy wrote:I felt that maybe, just maybe there was hope that people would become aware of what this cult was doing.
^^^ THIS is WHY. :flower:
almondjoy wrote:It's friggin' poetry in motion if you ask me.
Yesiree. It is that.
:butterfly:

Bernster

Post by Bernster » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:56 pm

Several things worth mentioning here.
It was the 2/10 raid that motivated me to re-energize my efforts to find my daughter and publicly take a stand against the cult.
It was a post by an anon that led to my interview on the local Fox news. Although many of the things that have transpired in the last few months "might" have eventually happened anyway, I doubt they would have happened as fast and furious as they have since Anonymous arrived on the scene. We already know of many people that have left the cult because of the recent activities and there are countless "prospects" that turned away from the cult because of the raids. There are no doubt many more we don't know about.
Fact: Anonymous is EPIC WIN and that is a stable datum you can keep!
I want my daughter back!
http://www.bernster.net/stephanieheadley.html

Return to “Opinions & Debate”