Appology to the Family of Rick Cruzen

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
BTs2Free
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Appology to the Family of Rick Cruzen

Post by BTs2Free » Tue May 27, 2008 3:45 am

Rick Cruzen for years at Gold was the main recordist and recording engineer for the Golden Era Musicians as well as other Audio division functions at Gold. He was the go to guy for David Miscavige when it had to do with anything audio.

It came to the attention of the Int Base Perimiter council and HCOs that Rick had thoughts of blowing again as he had blown once before and was located by myself and Jon Stumbke at his parent's house in Sacramento, California. We found him by actually driving out there and posting up outside of his house until we saw him leave one day with his family to go to lunch.

Jon and I recovered Rick and brought him back to the Base. He was promissed more vacation time to be able to visit his family again soon.

It came up again in session that Rick was having thoughts of blowing again because he hadn't seen his family for a couple of years despite being promissed more time to visit them.

Shortly after this discovery, I was sent with Rick to go visit his family as a handler to make sure he didn't blow. I was provided a cell phone to keep in contact with base security to regularly report in Rick's status and any blow attempts.

We lied to his family about the reason I was there with him. We told them that I was one of the musicians that worked with him and that we were on our way to a gig in northern California and that I would be staying with them as I was travelling with Rick as a friend and co-worker to make things easier. Rick went along with the lie because he wouldn't have been able to go on this trip alone as he wasn't trusted.

At the time, I knew that his parents found it very strange that Rick had me as a travel partner and could sense their doubts about the real reasons for me being there. I stayed as a guest in their house, and they even took us out for meals on a number of occasions during our visit.

Rick didn't blow and didn't seem to have any motivation to blow. He was just happy to be able to see his family despite me being there. Rick and I got along very well anyway, so the trip was extremely fun - even for me. I never got to go on trips and had never been to Sacramento, so looking back on this, I can see that this trip helped wake me up a bit to want to be in the real world again.

I would like to appologize to Rick's family though for having been there on the terms I was. I was very touched by the fact that you let me stay in your home and treated me so well. I felt so bad afterwards knowing that I had been part of an operation like this against you and your son.

I hope that Rick makes it home to you again soon so you can have the normal family life you all deserve.

My best to you,
John Peeler
Hammering out of existence incorrect technology would include $cientology itself!

NattyP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by NattyP » Tue May 27, 2008 3:57 am

John,

You're one whale of a decent fellow with a WHOPPING pair of beghes. It takes a man's man to apologize for a wrong...especially breaking the law of the host....the Greeks went to war with the Trojans for decades over just that.

Here's hoping the Cruzens get to read this and, even better, that Rick gets out!

You're an inspiration to many of us. The dignity and decency with which Scientology's recent exes have conducted themselves says a lot for the ability of the human spirit to transcend.

Keep on keepin' on and keep on movin' on, brother!
John Carmichael: Are you a homo? Have you come out of the closet?
ANONYMOUS: You're wearing tweed in the summer and you're asking ME if I'm a faggot? Xenu please ...
John Carmichael: What?

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Tue May 27, 2008 3:59 am

Thanks for the story, John
Hopefully Rick will get out some day.
I'm sure if it hadn't been you, someone else would have gone with him.
And at least you're doing the right thing now. Your stories have undoubtedly helped many people. You could just quietly go about living your life away from COS and never mention what happened to you and others around you, but you've chosen to speak up, which is fantastic.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

number 6

Post by number 6 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:22 am

Let's all hope that Rick Cruzen can go back to his family once this vicious, evil cult goes down in flames.

To the downfall: Image
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa286/kuffarjahideen/cos.jpg[/img]

songbird

Post by songbird » Tue May 27, 2008 5:28 am

NattyP wrote:You're an inspiration to many of us. The dignity and decency with which Scientology's recent exes have conducted themselves says a lot for the ability of the human spirit to transcend.
^^^ THIS

pharbizorg

Post by pharbizorg » Tue May 27, 2008 5:38 am

Let's all hope that Rick Cruzen can go back to his family once this vicious, evil cult goes down in flames.

To the downfall:
To the downfall!
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.

~Jack Layton, Canadian Politician (1950-2011)

Daffodilenator

Post by Daffodilenator » Tue May 27, 2008 11:27 am

Wow, John. You are one hell of a human being. Thanks for inspiring me.

To the downfall,
Daffy
The lurker formerly known as Daffodil.

LRonAnon

Re: Appology to the Family of Rick Cruzen

Post by LRonAnon » Tue May 27, 2008 12:12 pm

BTs2Free wrote: I would like to appologize to Rick's family though for having been there on the terms I was.
Glad to hear it from you directly, openly.

There is much healing yet to be dome.

:wink:
[b][url=http://tinyurl.com/5bljfh]Lighthouse Letter[/url] - [url=http://tinyurl.com/6hepqw]Love is Why[/url] - [url=http://tinyurl.com/6ap4ya]Human Rites[/url] - [url=http://tinyurl.com/6gevj2]SeaArrgh[/url][/b]

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Tue May 27, 2008 1:54 pm

++++++++++Sacred Cult Scripture+++++++++++++++++

"THE GE IS A FAMILY MAN

The GE is a family man; the GE is lost without a family. It's very
strange, but Homo sap is a family unit. The GE is built on that basis.
It's fascinating, fascinating. It's not important to know it but a lot of
your urges toward families and so forth are not thetan urges at all,
they're the GE. The GE can't survive at all without a family unit. He's
just as dead as a mackerel if he isn't a family unit, whereas your thetan
is just dead as a mackerel if he gets too mixed up in family units.

You can't talk to GEs; they're kind of psycho. And by the way, you can
fall into this dreadful trap with a GE. You see, he uses the MEST universe
with which to build. He's gotten very, very bad off and he has to use MEST
materials all the time.

So, you get this situation here with the GE, and your GE is busy: build,
build, build, build, build. And, of course he's got to have a family to
build with.

You get this terrific family thirst. And you get your GE surviving best
and being loused up the most because of interfamily relationships.

And your thetan, by the way, can much more easily go into a group.
Families are not good groups; they're bad groups."

- L. Ron Hubbard, From the taped lecture
"Flows: Patterns of Interaction"
10 December 1952

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

number 6

Post by number 6 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:26 pm

What's a GE?

Bea Kiddo

Post by Bea Kiddo » Tue May 27, 2008 2:34 pm

number 6 wrote:What's a GE?
GE is short for Genetic Entity. In summary, the "body" (as separate from the thetan or spirit. That is the Scino use of the word).
My story in a nutshell: Born into Scn, raised in the SO. Trained to Class VI (SHSBC) Golden Age of Tech, OT V, Supervisor. Sea Org for 17 years. SP declared.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Tue May 27, 2008 2:43 pm

GENETIC ENTITY, 1. that beingness not dissimilar to the thetan
which has carried forward and developed the body from its
earliest moments along the evolutionary line on earth and
which, through experience, necessity and natural selection, has
employed the counter-efforts of the environment to fashion an
organism of the type best fitted for survival, limited only by the
abilities of the genetic entity. The goal of the genetic entity is
survival on a much grosser plane of materiality.
(Scn 8-8008, p. 8 )
2 . formerly referred to as the somatic mind. It has no real
personality, it is not the “I” of the body. This is the “mind” of
an animal, a dog or a cat or a cow. (HOM, pp. 13-14)
3. that entity which is carrying along through time, that is
making the body through the time stream, through the
action of sex and so forth. (5410ClOD) Abbr. GE.

— L. Ron Hubbard
Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue May 27, 2008 4:37 pm

"Family Man" is an approving, respectful term that Dads earn, outside the world of CoS. The quote above, calling a family man a "psycho" and flat out attacking the family, shows how anti-family CoS really is.

Judith Anderson

Post by Judith Anderson » Tue May 27, 2008 5:26 pm

And "Families are not good groups. They are bad groups." Maybe that ought to go on an Anon picket or this whole quotation from "sacred cult scripture" could be passed out as flyers. Just illustrates what a psychopath Humbug was.

I'll bet Anon will revisit disconnection again. It is the issue that will topple this pernicious cult.

number 6

Post by number 6 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:50 pm

L. Ron Hubbard was not a family man, so he invents a reason as to why family men are somehow "bad".

L. Ron Hubbard was rejected by the APA after Dianetics was published, so he says that all psychs are "bad".

L. Ron Hubbard was bad in bed, so he says sex is "bad".

L. Ron Hubbard was a piss poor sailor in the Navy, so he makes up (or mocks up) a top position for himself in the Sea Org, now held by the asthmatic dwarf.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”