“The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SME
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

“The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies

Post by SME » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:58 pm

“The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies and Misdirection”
– Posting #2 – October 7, 2008

As covered in the first posting of this series, I am here listing a quote by David Miscavige in a legal document.

I. David Miscavige’s Quote:

From “DECLARATION OF DAVID MISCAVIGE” – Larry Wollersheim vs. Church of Scientology of Calfornia – 15 October 1999:

(link– http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/l ... 09-24.html )

"57. Upon the dismantling of the GO, church executives within the ecclesiastical hierarchy assumed responsibility for the legal affairs which the GO had mishandled. This era was marked by great concerns about the religion's future in the aftermath of the GO, and it was against this backdrop that newly assigned personnel began to examine the legal affairs that had been the exclusive province of the GO for 15 years. Not being experienced in such matters, they retained legal counsel to review the structure of the entire religion. I know the concern was not "gutting CSC" to " avoid Wollersheim," or anybody else for that matter. The history that Wollersheim ignores concerned events of far greater importance than his case. In fact, at the time, I had never even heard of the man. I was not involved in that restructuring, but I am aware of the
events that led up to it. I shortly thereafter resigned from church staff for 5 years, as described later in this declaration".

While I quoted the whole section above, the main part I am referring to is the next to the last sentence:
"I was not involved in that restructuring, but I am aware of the events that led up to it".

As we can see in Miscavige’s own words, he was NOT involved in the corporate restructuring.

II. The truth about the subject matter quoted:

Look at the following link from one of their own web pages about David Miscavige:
http://www.scientologytoday.org/corp/rtc2.htm

The sentences on that page I refer you to are:
"Mr. David Miscavige has worked tirelessly to protect the religion. He authored the early 1980's reorganization of Church corporate and management structures which have given the religion years of sustained growth and stable leadership".

As we can see so far, their own documents (Miscavige’s declaration and the RTC webpage about him) totally conflict on whether or not he was involved in the corporate restructuring. One says he was not involved and the other says that not only was he involved but he actually authored it.

The actual truth is that David Miscavige was involved but did not author it. So in fact both of the above statements are lies.

I was on the actual corporate reorganization planning mission that worked out the new corporate structures in 1981. As well, I was on the implementation missions in late 1981 through much of 1982.

When the planning for the new corporate restructuring was worked out I put it all together in a proposal and sent it up to my Missions Operations Officer Steve Marlowe. As Steve had no legal background he had me come to his office to explain it to the one person he had to report to and from whom he needed approval. That was David Miscavige.

I sat with Miscavige and Marlowe for hours explaining the corporate restructuring and handled scores of questions by Miscavige about it such as how the organizations could be controlled, how international management could control the executives in the local organizations, how all possible money could be taken from the local organizations and kept in central reserve funds controlled by international management, how all this related to Hubbard and money to Hubbard, etc.

It was made clear at that meeting that David Miscavige was the one who had to give final approval of all the planning. It took hours to explain it all to him as he had a very poor grasp of legal concepts and was already confused on this subject having been a failed Mission Operations Officer trying to work out this same “solutions” previously.

After hours of questions by Miscavige and my giving the answers, David Miscavige approved the new corporate reorganization of organized scientology. It included the launch of the new “mother church”, Church of Scientology International, various trusts which could be used to get money out of local organizations and individuals, legal relationship with Hubbard, contracts between the organizations, the mother church, trusts and much, much more.

While not being the author of any significant part of the corporate restructuring whatsoever, David Miscavige was most definitely involved and was the one required to give the planning final approval.

Once Miscavige gave his approval of the corporate restructuring plan, he instructed me to go to the International Management headquarters of organized scientology in a desert location east of Los Angeles and explain it to the top Watchdog Committee members/Commodore’s Messenger executives that were located there. I did this, coordinated various aspects of the implementation of the plan and proceeded back to Los Angeles to prepare to fire off onto the first of the implementation missions the next day.

(III). My vote: “Perjury”, “Just a Lie” or “Simply Misdirection”

David Miscavige committed Perjury in his above statement.

Comments from anyone who wants to give them on this thread will be welcome. I welcome both agreement and disagreement and suggest that those concerned vote for “Perjury”, “Just a Lie” or “Simply Misdirection” as they see fit.

Eventually I plan to post on my blog the top actual examples of David Miscavige’s greatest perjury, lies and misdirecting statements to deflect attention away from organized scientology’s misdeeds as voted on by the general public. It should be interesting.

If any others reading this thread may want to add in their own examples of the truth which may be even more relevant than my own, please feel free to do so.

The entire list of these postings as well as other series’ of postings I plan to make through this next year will be found on my blogspot: http://larrybren.blogspot.com/

Larry Brennan - SME
My blog: http://larrybren.blogspot.com/

"Oh make no mistake. It's not revenge he is after, it's a reckoning". - Doc Holiday

TMac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by TMac » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:05 am

In playing devil's advocate I think the diminutive one would claim "just a lie" or "misdirection".

The wording: "I was not involved in that restructuring, but I am aware of the events that led up to it", could be hard to assert as perjury given that, as has been conceeded, he did not author the restructure, rather, he was briefed on it (the work of others) and approved of it, (his approval would have to be shown as legally required under the structure at the time to prove 'involvement' and therefore perjury).

Regardless of the truth of the matter, the legal scematics are difficult to navigate and there would probably be enough wiggle room in the wording to avoid a perjury conviction. BUT... I am not a lawer and this is just MHO.
Regards,

TMac

"I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." - G. Marx

Return to “Opinions & Debate”