“The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SME
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

“The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies

Post by SME » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:03 pm

“The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies and Misdirection”
– Posting #3 – October 7, 2008

As covered in the first posting of this series, I am here listing quotes by David Miscavige contained in two legal documents.

I. David Miscavige’s Quotes (sections in bold print were bolded by myself for emphasis):

From “DECLARATION OF DAVID MISCAVIGE” – Larry Wollersheim vs. Church of Scientology of Calfornia – 15 October 1999
(link– http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/l ... 09-24.html ):

“68……….As I was a trusted friend and associate of Mr. Hubbard, I was offered the opportunity to be part of this new endeavor. I considered it the highest honor to work directly for Mr. Hubbard, and beginning in 1982, devoted my full time and attention to Mr. Hubbard's personal affairs as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of ASI. My time through 1987 was completely devoted to his affairs…….”.

87. While at ASI, and during Mr. Hubbard's life, I dealt with ASI matters. I simply had no time for anything else………”.

From DECLARATION OF DAVID MISCAVIGE – Church of Scientology International vs. Steven Fishman and Uwe Geertz – 8 February 1994
(link - http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/l ... #armstrong )”

“45……“More relevant, however, was that he (Hubbard) had also, for the first time since the release of Dianetics in 1950, resumed his writing of fiction. Mr. Hubbard understood that the representation of these works and their publication could not be handled within the Church. Accordingly, in 1982, Author Services was formed to manage the personal affairs of L. Ron Hubbard including his literary, financial and legal matters. As I was held in some regard by Mr. Hubbard, I was given the opportunity to be part of this new endeavor. Beginning in 1982, I devoted my full time and attention to Mr. Hubbard's personal affairs from my position as Chief Executive Officer of Author Services. Youngs's contention that I was somehow managing all Scientology Churches internationally at the same time that I was supervising Mr. Hubbard's affairs is preposterous”.

II. The truth about the subject matter quoted:

I worked with David Miscavige from before the point he started in Author Services until early 1984. Miscavige’s above statements for that time period that he didn’t direct/manage the affairs of RTC, that he had no time for anything else but Hubbard’s affairs as part of Author Services and that he was not managing scientology “churches” at that time are false.

Following are a few examples of what actually happened contrary to what Miscavige claims in his above noted statements:

(i) David Miscavige ran what was called the “All Clear” unit going into and through early 1981 which was to make it all clear for Hubbard to come out of hiding. This unit broke down later into what was called “Special Project” and “Special Unit”. Both were completely controlled by Miscavige. Special Project, still controlled by Miscavige, became Author Services Incorporated (“ASI”) as a matter of corporate convenience with Miscavige running it. Special Unit, the part I ended up running, became part of the Church of Scientology International (“CSI”) also for corporate convenience. At all times, Special Unit reported to Miscavige who was secretly over it;

(ii) while over ASI, Miscavige appointed and/or ran the following people in organized scientology:
- appointed and ran Steve Marlowe to run RTC after we incorporated RTC in or around early 1982 and we had no one in RTC;
- appointed and ran myself as Special Unit IC in CSI to take over from Steve Marlowe;
- ran Mark Yager then Commanding Officer of CMO International and WDC (Watchdog Committee) Chairman in CSI;
- ran Marc Ingber from WDC on financial matters, as well as other WDC members, all from CSI;
- ran Wendell Reynolds from the International Financial Police in CSI using Wendell’s “financial police” to abuse, gang bang sec check and try to get scientologists he did not like framed for crimes and sent to jail. The short video half way down the page linked here gives some more details of this: http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/larson1.html

(iii) it was typical during that time (1982 and 1983) for Miscavige to scream at, spit on, remove from post and/or beat senior staff in CSI right up to and including at least one member of the Watchdog Committee. I have personally witnessed Miscavige in this time period punch in the mouth, choke and slap hard three high ranking organized scientology staff members including one member of the Watchdog Committee;

(iv) it was also common during that period that one or more of us had to report to secret meetings with Miscavige in his offices at ASI, which I believe were on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles, to receive Miscavige’s orders for the running of RTC, CSI and other parts of organized scientology;

(v). during his time in ASI, Miscavige actually ran two other Special Unit staff who operated under his instructions on matters of litigation and intelligence. The staff he ran were Marty Rathbun (Special Unit Litigation) and Geoff Shervelle (Special Unit Intelligence). He at times used them to carry out undercover dirty tricks on people he considered enemies of organized scientology. He often ran these people using one of his ASI staff members – Norman Starkey;

(vi) throughout most of 1982 and part of 1983 while Miscavige was in ASI he demanded millions of dollars of organized scientology’s funds be transferred to Hubbard regularly, with stiff targets every week. He demanded that the transfer of funds go or he would strangle CSI staff who did not comply and he kept demanding that we put on legal justifications for this weekly flow of money to Hubbard but that it was being sent no matter what. He wanted it to appear that organized scientology and ASI were negotiating but the truth is CSI was being controlled by ASI in the person of David Miscavige. A typical example of a weekly demand for money was that Miscavige would have Fran Harris from ASI show us a stack of “treatments” written by Hubbard for what would be scientology training films. These were often one page little story summaries that in my opinion any fool could dream up. But Miscavige would demand hundreds of thousands of dollars for such “treatments”, get the money and then funnel it to Hubbard. Per testimony of Homer Shomer who handled such fund transfers and an affidavit by Hana Witfield, over $40 million dollars of organized scientology’s money was funneled to Hubbard by Miscavige and his staff in ASI in 1982 alone.

There are countless other examples of Miscavige controlling organized scientology in the time he was in ASI that directly refute what he has said in the above mentioned statements under penalty of perjury. Organized scientology was centrally controlled and run by David Miscavige at that time and this was hidden behind many corporate veils and organizing boards published to the public that hid the real controls. More details can be found in the following post I made in January 2007 on the real power in scientology: http://tinyurl.com/3b8ome

(III). My vote: “Perjury”, “Just a Lie” or “Simply Misdirection”

David Miscavige committed Perjury in the bolded sections of his above statements.

Comments from anyone who wants to give them on this thread will be welcome. I welcome both agreement and disagreement and suggest that those concerned vote for “Perjury”, “Just a Lie” or “Simply Misdirection” as they see fit.

Eventually I plan to post on my blog the top actual examples of David Miscavige’s greatest perjury, lies and misdirecting statements to deflect attention away from organized scientology’s misdeeds as voted on by the general public. It should be interesting.

If any others reading this thread may want to add in their own examples of the truth which may be even more relevant than my own, please feel free to do so.

The entire list of these postings as well as other series’ of postings I plan to make through this next year will be found on my blogspot: http://larrybren.blogspot.com/

Larry Brennan - SME
Last edited by SME on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
My blog: http://larrybren.blogspot.com/

"Oh make no mistake. It's not revenge he is after, it's a reckoning". - Doc Holiday

TMac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by TMac » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:16 am

This one is definitely perjury IMO. The issue will be distinguishing actual material control from the legal authority to control.

This is one of the core issues with this type of cult, in that the legal governance structures can be setup to protect the leaders by divesting there legal control, without any real fear of them losing actual control.

The basis for prosecution would be witness testimony and documents from DM exercising control (if they still exist and can be obtained).
Regards,

TMac

"I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." - G. Marx

Return to “Opinions & Debate”