Ron Savelo thinks his "freedom of speech" trumps yours

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sponge
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sponge » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:22 am

An anon got a message from Ron Savelo (in relation to his persistent false TOS takedowns of Shawn Lonsdale's YouTubed video footage of Ron Savelo in the streets of Clearwater assaulting Shawn).
Ron Savelo wrote:
You just don't get it.

This is not a free speech issue anymore than you calling an African American a nigger would be a free speech issue, or you calling a Jewish person a Kike, or a Scientologist a Cult member and murderer.

You wouldn't know a Free Speech issue if it hit you square in the face.

So, keep violating MY privacy and MY right to free speech, and I'll keep taking down your hero's (Shawn Lonsdale) video till the cows come home.

Ron
Source thread:
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/186-yout ... elo-30757/

Stock photo: Ron Savelo on his spaceship receiving comms from Capt. Cruise....

antiscn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by antiscn » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:33 am

Oh sweet jesus what a footbullet.

machwon

Re: Ron Savelo thinks his "freedom of speech" trumps yours

Post by machwon » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:37 pm

Ron Savelo wrote:
You just don't get it.

This is not a free speech issue anymore than you calling an African American a nigger would be a free speech issue, or you calling a Jewish person a Kike, or a Scientologist a Cult member and murderer.

So, keep violating MY privacy and MY right to free speech, and I'll keep taking down your hero's (Shawn Lonsdale) video till the cows come home.

Ron
Sorry Mr. Savelo,

The problem with freedom of speech is that in order to have freedom of speech you have to protect the very speech you disagree with and are offended by. You mentioned the above words as things not protected by free speech, unfortunately, you have to defend their right to say these despicable words otherwise the hammer might come down on you for saying things you do agree with tht the majority disagrees with (i.e. "The man on the cross, there was no christ" - LRH)

It's up to you when someone says those words to lambaste and confront those who use that language if you disagree with it, not to use the arm of the state. It's a relatively easy position to take against racist speech and just takes some basic communication skills to combat it effectively. You do not need to arrest a racist for speaking that way, just a few sentences will be enough to shame him.

Also by filing DMCA claims on YouTube you are playing with fire.

Ron, you do not have a copyright on Shaun's videos. Ergo, you are violating federal law by using DMCA to take down videos and could face up to 5 years in federal prison for perjury. I find it ironic that a member of the Church of Scientology who was so did everything he could to expose the past "crimes" of Shaun Lonsdale would commit federal offense in order to shut out free speech because you don't have the ability to communicate your position. Even more so because you belong to a church that sells "effective communication skills."

Anyone who uses Shaun's according to fair use (though I think his videos are under creative common license which goes beyond fair use) and gets it taken down because of this champion of censorship and ARC breaks should file lawsuits against Mr. Savelo for fraudulent DMCA take downs. Your violations in other people's free speech will cost you, and not even your OT abilities can protect you from you're new cell mate 'Tiny.'

- Jim

P.S. Don't drop the soap. :lol:
Ewwwah!

http://jimjesus.com

(∃x∈S:φ(x))→ (∀x∈S:φ(x)) = Scientology logic

Peter Schilte

Post by Peter Schilte » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:55 pm

Ron Savelo wrote:You just don't get it.

Ron
Ron, if you are right, then it is NOT a freedom speech issue anymore when you and your CULT calls critics "anti-religious extremists", or "bigots", or even "terrorists".

You make it very clear, and we all thank you for that, that you are the one that doesn't understand "free speech". But that is hardly a surprise, now is it? After all you have endured years of indoctrination and brainwashing, lived years in mental captivity. So you have an excuse.
So, Ron, next time you sit behind your keyboard, think before you type.
Maybe you better shouldn't type at all. Because all you do is giving your CULT a bad name, re the free speech issue.
You see, your CULT opposes free speech. Millions of dollars spent on law suits have made that very, very clear.

Peter
"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM."
- L. Ron Hubbard

http://www.scamofscientology.nl

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Ron you are a tool...and hubbard can kiss my taint.

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:14 pm

Any corporation in the Fortune 500 would immediately terminate Ron Savelo for sending such an e-mail. Salvelo's response is politically incorrect and betrays an uneducated form of racism. Frankly, the e-mail makes Scientology look stupid and makes Salvelo look like a lout who needs to be declared and sent packing.

////

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

pharbizorg

Post by pharbizorg » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:33 pm

Didn't good ol' Elron say "Communication is the Universal Solvent"? Secondly, and I'm pointing out the obvious, free speech isn't silencing the critics or taking down the words you don't like. Free speech is accepting the constructive criticism of others that are pointing out the errs of your ways. It is also educating the other side if there is a misunderstanding of details, and bringing the truth to light. Thats what free speech is - two sides debating two different views. I'm sorry Ron if you disagree with me, but we will have to agree to disagree on this one...

Later.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.

~Jack Layton, Canadian Politician (1950-2011)

Jack's Wasted Life

Post by Jack's Wasted Life » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:35 pm

pharbizorg wrote:I'm pointing out the obvious, free speech isn't silencing the critics or taking down the words you don't like. Free speech is accepting the constructive criticism of others that are pointing out the errs of your ways.

:lol:

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell you guys.
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:48 am

Ron Savelo wrote:You just don't get it.

Ron
Ron Savelo doesn't understand free speech. It is definitely free speech to say blacks are niggers and jews are kikes and scientologists are culties.

He needs to get legal advice before he starts spouting legal concepts he doesn't understand.
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

NattyP

Post by NattyP » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Why doesn't Organized Scientology clamp down on leaky douchebags like Ron?

Is it because THERE'S NO ONE LEFT TO DO IT?

Where's Tommy Davis....the Rinder-in-training?

Where's Pat Harney?

Where's Bob Adams?

Where's the "church's" leadership?

When's the last time someone saw Davey in pooplic? Does he have a tiny double like Kim Jong Il? Hey...maybe it's the same guy......!

Davey, Ron Savelo is revealing too much about Scientology's founder's REAL beliefs about non-whites....this could be VERY bad for your already stinky PR, brohiem! Also, I'm kinda curious why ONE racial epithet is capitalized and the other is not? Does this MEAN something? Is it Scientology shorthand for something, or is Ron Savelo just another unedumacated, racist douche?

"Enquiring minds want to know!"

Bite back, Scientologists! You're gonna need that Scientology refund to keep from defaulting on the ol' mortgage!
John Carmichael: Are you a homo? Have you come out of the closet?
ANONYMOUS: You're wearing tweed in the summer and you're asking ME if I'm a faggot? Xenu please ...
John Carmichael: What?

Return to “Opinions & Debate”