The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SME
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies

Post by SME » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:04 am

“The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies and Misdirection” – Posting #12 – November 26, 2008

As covered in the first posting of this series, I am here listing a quote by David Miscavige in a legal document.

I. David Miscavige’s Quote:

From “DECLARATION OF DAVID MISCAVIGE” – Larry Wollersheim vs. Church of Scientology of Calfornia – 15 October 1999:

(link–http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/l ... 09-24.html)

“9 G) RTC is a separate, individually recognized tax-exempt church that shares no personnel, no corporate or ecclesiastical function, and no bank accounts with any other church of Scientology. It occupies its own offices and maintains its own segregated corporate records. It acts, and always has acted, exclusively in its own name, and not by or through CSC or any other entity. It has never exercised control of CSC, did not receive any assets from CSC, and performs no function CSC ever performed”.

II. The truth about the subject matter quoted:

This section of David Miscavige‘s declaration contains both a substantial direct lie and a great deal of misdirection to try to make the reader think that the controls within organized scientology are different than they really are.

First let us look at the substantial lie.

That is contained in this sentence of the above quote:

“It has never exercised control of CSC, did not receive any assets from CSC, and performs no function CSC ever performed”.

“It” refers to RTC (Religious Technology Center). “CSC” refers to Church of Scientology of California.

The lie I am addressing in this write-up is that per Miscavige RTC performs no function that CSC ever performed. Although there are many examples that can be given to prove this is a lie, I will give two fairly big ones:

1) in late 1974 until July 1976 I was in the Legal Bureau of the US Guardian’s Office “USGO” which was part of CSC. During that time I was directly responsible for registering and renewing trademarks and service marks and the like in Hubbard’s name and as part of my role within USGO and CSC. This included all the trademarks of scientology and dianetics which is exactly what RTC does.

From July 1976 through July 1981 I was in the Guardian’s Office World Wide “GOWW” in the legal bureau and part of my job then including supervising the USGO within CSC to continue to register and renew trademarks. In fact while in GOWW I did a worldwide evaluation on the subject of trademarks, their registration and renewals after someone in the USGO lied about renewing the dianetics trademark in the USA on time which resulted in it being lost. The program I wrote per that evaluation included major actions taken within CSC to have a maintenance program to ensure all trademarks were timely renewed and new ones filed.

Again these actions taken within CSC and later while ordering into CSC were the same functions as performed by RTC.

Additionally, here is a quote from posting #8 in this series showing other actions within USGO (CSC) re control of trademarks that have since been covered up by RTC:

“For at least seven years prior to the formation of RTC or the rise in power of David Miscavige I personally oversaw the registration of many trademarks and service marks in the name of L. Ron Hubbard. I oversaw this in the United States from mid 1975 through mid 1976 as the Legal Branch I Director of the United States Guardian’s Office. I oversaw this world wide from mid 1976 through mid 1981 as the Legal Branch I Director of the World Wide Guardian’s Office.

The reason that we registered every trademark/service mark that we could is that we were following the instructions of L. Ron Hubbard who wrote in one of his policies something along the line of “When in doubt copyright it. Copyright and trademark anything and everything”.

The perceived benefits to doing this were to be able to use all these intellectual property rights to stop “unauthorized parties” (those not approved by Hubbard and organized scientology) from using these names and/or symbols. In the Guardian’s office we did not view the marks as being a major source behind money to Hubbard. Where Hubbard got his main percents were from copyrights, not trademarks.

The perceived liability to Hubbard owning all these trademarks was that he would then be obligated to see to their proper usage and this in turn could open him up to claims that he was really running organized scientology and all the potential liability that goes with that.

With the above factors in mind, in late 1975/early 1976 I put a proposal together asking L. Ron Hubbard to give royalty free rights to his trademarks to the various churches of scientology as well as various front groups such as Narconon and Applied Scholastics. This was actually approved and Hubbard did sign letters to all those groups assigning his rights in the marks to them. The actual groups that got the letters were the groups we argued were in charge of managing the other groups of its kind (EG: Church of Scientology of California for all the churches of scientology)”.

Clearly CSC historically carried out many actions on the subject of trademarks just as RTC did later.

2) Second example of Miscavige lying above: In 1974 and through part of 1975, the senior management people over organized scientology were on the “flagship” Apollo. These included a “Commodore’s Staff Aide” for each of the divisions of organized scientology. Organized scientology later made filings to the IRS indicating that those flagship executives and the operation there was part of CSC.

When the flagship moved to shore in 1975 the top management bodies over organized scientology remained in the CSC corporate shell. Even later in 1979 to 1981 the very top management bodies in organized scientology (although secretly run by Hubbard) were in CSC. They were known as the Watchdog Committee and the Commodore’s Messenger Organization International. They remained as part of the CSC corporate umbrella until CSI (“Church of Scientology International”) was launched in December 1981. (One of the major purposes of that corporate reorganization was in fact to move assets out of CSC and put them into new corporations so as to hide them from litigants and others).

The relevance of all this is that these top management bodies did oversee the application of Hubbard’s “technology” constantly, just like RTC does now. They took countless actions to ensure that "pure" Hubbard tech was used around the world.

So once again we have an example of David Miscavige’s statement that RTC performs no function that CSC ever performed being a complete lie.

The other part of Miscavige’s statement above, especially when read with the rest of his declaration, is a meaningless misdirection to confuse the reader that what he says has any real bearing on the controls within organized scientology:

“RTC is a separate, individually recognized tax-exempt church that shares no personnel, no corporate or ecclesiastical function, and no bank accounts with any other church of Scientology. It occupies its own offices and maintains its own segregated corporate records”.

As covered in many of my talks/writings and my declaration, David Miscavige controls organized scientology just as Hubbard did before him. As has been done for decades, corporate is used to mask the real controls within organized scientology by making it look like corporate officials control their own operations when in fact they have little to no control while Miscavige controls them.

I will not repeat all that again here but I will say one more thing on this. Between July 1976 and July 1981 when I was the “Legal Branch 1 Director” of GOWW I was the major writer of what was called the “legal rudiments programs” implemented in all scientology organizations throughout the world (including CSC). I oversaw the compliances to all such programs.

Amongst other things these programs covered all the main points Miscavige mentioned above such as each corporation having its own personnel, its own bank accounts, its own corporate officials, its own offices and its own corporate records.

These were to help make it appear that the corporations were not controlled by Hubbard then (later by Miscavige).

I later taught Miscavige much of his initial corporate knowledge in 1981 and then under Miscavige oversaw similar rudiments program compliances for the next couple of years.

Some of us who planned and carried out organized scientology's corporate reorganization in late 1981 and 1982 planned to actually get corporate integrity into organized scientology by this was thwarted by Miscavige and Hubbard (see below links).

More details of this can be found in the following links to a write-up I did earlier on the real powers within scientology and an affidavit I wrote that in part covered this area:

http://tinyurl.com/3b8ome

http://evil.scientology.googlepages.com/crs.pdf

(III). My vote: “Perjury”, “Just a Lie” or “Simply Misdirection”

IMHO in the part of the quote where Miscavige stated that RTC performs no function that CSC performed David Miscavige committed perjury.

In the other parts of the quote David Miscavige tried to misdirect the readers’ attention off of his real controls of organized scientology by listing some of the basic legal rudiments that were in in organized scientology to try to make it look like organized scientology is not centrally controlled when in fact it is so controlled. This is all part of the “corporate veil” that Miscavige tries to hide behind in an attempt to mask his controls of organized scientology.

Comments from anyone who wants to give them on this thread will be welcome. I welcome both agreement and disagreement and suggest that those concerned vote for “Perjury”, “Just a Lie” or “Simply Misdirection” as they see fit.

Eventually I plan to post on my blog the top actual examples of David Miscavige’s greatest perjury, lies and misdirecting statements to deflect attention away from organized scientology’s misdeeds as voted on by the general public. It should be interesting.

If any others reading this thread may want to add in their own examples of the truth which may be even more relevant than my own, please feel free to do so.

The entire list of these postings as well as other series’ of postings I plan to make through this next year will be found on my blogspot: http://larrybren.blogspot.com/

Larry Brennan - SME
My blog: http://larrybren.blogspot.com/

"Oh make no mistake. It's not revenge he is after, it's a reckoning". - Doc Holiday

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Opinions & Debate”