Freedom Mag distributed at CNN Building this morning

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
probity
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Freedom Mag distributed at CNN Building this morning

Post by probity » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Three OSA gentlemen were posted at the entrance to CNN in Hollywood this morning, distributing the latest Freedom Magazine to passers by.

The magazine includes a 30 minute DVD on Anderson Cooper.

Last edited by probity on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wieber
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Wieber » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:50 pm

I went to look at
www.freedommag.org
where the contents of that publication are on line.
http://www.freedommag.org/special-repor ... -brow.html

I haven't seen the actual publication so what's on line may not be all the contents of that book.

I didn't read it all. I scanned the pages.

I found it somewhat odd that the last third or so of that freedom magazine is dedicated to besmirching Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Now let's look at the theme line for scientology's freedom magazine.
Investigative Reporting in the Public Interest
Now let me get out L. Ron Hubbard's data series. Hmmmmm.

Here we have one line with "three outpoints."

When an organization is looking for dirt and is likely to manufacture what it can't find then what it is doing is not investigative.

Attacking, which is what this magazine is about, is not reporting.

The interest served by this publication is not that of the public. The interest served by this publication is that of scientology under the very close supervision of David Miscavige.

Furthermore the title of the magazine is very much a 1984 type of declaration. That publication is prepared by scientology's office of special affairs (OSA), which is very much scientology's "ministry of truth."
Doris Lessing

Judith Anderson

Post by Judith Anderson » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:20 pm

If anything is evidence that Scientology won't learn from its mistakes, it is this - a repeat of John Sweeney/BBC on this side of the pond, baiting and vilifying a news reporter. AC is one of the most respected journalists in America and it is not because Gloria Vanderbilt is his mother - he earned this distinction, did not inherit it. DM inherited Scientology and he is running it into the ground, destroying it single-handedly.

Now is NOT a good time for Scientology to divert public attention in its direction. They should be busily focusing on what went wrong and how to fix it - of course, that will never happen. They will never learn and therefore will never reform. So...it will just be a matter of time.....

probity

Post by probity » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:36 pm

At noontime, they're still handing out their mag in front of the CNN Building on Sunset. I asked someone to snap their picture, we'll see how that goes down...

BenFranklinGirl

Post by BenFranklinGirl » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 pm

And get a copy of the mag, please!
“In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people.” - James Madison

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Anderson Cooper is employed by CNN.

CNN is owned by the Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.

The Turner Broadcasting System Inc. is owned by Time Warner.

Time Warner owns Time Inc.

Time Inc. publishes Time Magazine.

Time Magazine published an article called, The Thriving Cult of
Greed and Power
and then defeated scientology in court when
scientology attempted to sue them for publishing it.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/Fish ... behar.html

For the sake of interest here's a list of publications produced by Time Inc.

Entertainment Weekly
Essence
InStyle
People
People StyleWatch
All You
Cooking Light
Coastal Living
Health
My Home Ideas
My Recipes
Real Simple
Southern Living
Sunset
This Old House
Fortune
Fortune Small Business
Golf Magazine
Money
Sports Illustrated
Life
Time
Time for Kids
FanNation
Sports Illustrated Kids

Somehow I think Time Warner can easily out create
the people in scientology's office of special affairs (OSA)
who put out Freedom Magazine.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Oh, and here's a sound the people in scientology's office of special affairs (OSA) should get used to with regard to their various attack-not-defend attacks.

SPANG!
Doris Lessing

GreatSunJester

Post by GreatSunJester » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 pm

Hopefully Cooper's people get a camera down there and get some footage.
In Search of... a new sig!

RealityWillTell

Post by RealityWillTell » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:14 pm

And I thought the church of scientology couldn't get any more stupid!!!! :roll:

Boy did they prove wrong!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is going to backfire on them big time!!!!!

This isn't footbullet, or even foot nuke, this is planet sized foot asteroid material!!!!! :twisted:

RealityWillTell

Post by RealityWillTell » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Requested re-post from wwp for probity:
anonymous wrote:I just talked to a guy at the CCN general number in LA. He sounded like a front desk guy, and said he had not seen anything. He suggested i send a tip to CNN/ireport which I did.

CNN.com - Contact Us

Can someone who is registered at OCMB tell probity to contact CNN?

Thx.
Report of OSA at CNN w/Freedom Mag

probity

Post by probity » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:06 am

Hard to believe CNN hasn't noticed three people stationed outside CNN's front entrance handing out the magazine to everyone entering or exiting the building.

I'll deploy my scouts to see if this is still ongoing.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:24 am

I remember when I was involved in scientology as a staff member and the guardian's office (GO) would do what I thought then were stupid PR tricks. But I would get dragged physically into the whoop-up-standing-ovation-three-cheers-for-Ron response from the other "scientologists." Meantime in my own little internal "universe" I was pursing my mouth and shaking my head.

Then there was all the Tom Cruise stuff with Matt Lauer and the IAS event and my little internal self sat there rolling my eyes, while all around me there were comments along the line of "Tom Cruise sure showed him!"

I need to say this.

All you public relations people involved in scientology's office of special affairs (OSA), you are f**king stupid! (Your boss is not exempt from that, either.)

Only now that I'm "out" that fact doesn't frustrate me any more.
Doris Lessing

probity

Post by probity » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:54 am

My scouts have reported. Either this caper is concluded, or they're taking a break until people finish their work day at CNN.

probity

Post by probity » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:58 am

They're back handing out magazines now. I spoke to the person at the front desk, who seemed spectacularly uninterested in what was going on, though he claimed to know about it. I suggested CNN might want to video.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”