Ida Camburn a veteran critic, passed away 1st September 2010

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

Sponge
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ida Camburn a veteran critic, passed away 1st September 2010

Post by Sponge » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:58 am

Ida Camburn a veteran critic of scientology, passed away yesterday, 1st September 2010

Some video from last year from a visit by Andreas...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH9nMDJCzp0

Tory and Ida on XenuTV, June 2009....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EfTU8ss39o
XenuTV blog coverage this week: http://www.xenutv.com/blog/?p=5004

Ida Camburn's Promise
http://www.lermanet.com/idacamburn/

Thread on WhyWeProtest.net...
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scie ... died-71284

Ida in 1941

Ida in full-on protest mode.

October 2008, at Ida's home, (when protesters sought refuge after the goldbase protest where cult guards attacked protesters and Anonorange was arrested on charges which were later dropped.)....more.....

Last edited by Sponge on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Wieber
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Wieber » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:01 am

Condolences to her family and close friends.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

tamasin-sp

Post by tamasin-sp » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:58 am

I'm very sorry to hear this,she paved the way long before the internet and if not for the internet I probably would never have known of the brave fight she fought.

Rest in Peace Ida, I am sorry you're son never saw what a special lady you are.
Look at our brokenness.
We know that in all Creation
Only the human family
Has strayed from the sacred way.

Teach us love,compassion,honour
That we may heal the earth
And heal each other.(part of an Ojibway prayer)

TheEvilOfScientology

Post by TheEvilOfScientology » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:28 am

RIP, Ida. Much respect. You did your bit to make the world a better place.

neil c

Post by neil c » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:30 pm

I know you are flying with the angels today Ida. You are one of the best most honest and caring people I ever had the honor to know. I love you so much! You will always live in a special place in my heart!

I know you wouldn't want us to be sad but I can't help crying today. You will be missed, but more importantly you will be remembered. You did so much for so many. You made a difference and the world is a better place because you were here.

Dedicated to Ida:

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow

I am the diamond glint in snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circling flight

I am the soft starlight at night

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not here, I do not sleep.

Author Anonymous
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

touchstone

Post by touchstone » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Ida, go in peace. We got this.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:11 pm

touchstone wrote:Ida, go in peace. We got this.
Yes, it's our turn to carry the torch and try to live up to the great legacy you left us Ida!

[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

carol

Post by carol » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:30 pm

Thank you Ida for being such an inspiration.
stillsearching

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:09 pm

Oh gosh, I'm so very sad to hear that. She was a very good person and had deserved so much better.

Simonymous

Post by Simonymous » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Ladybird wrote:I know you wouldn't want us to be sad but I can't help crying today. You will be missed, but more importantly you will be remembered. You did so much for so many. You made a difference and the world is a better place because you were here.
I couldn't have said it better myself. This is a very sad day. I'm a bit teary-eyed, myself. I never met or spoke with her, but she was one of my favourite people. Rest in peace, Ida.

It's just so unfair. She had a nice, long life, made a lot of friends and I'm so happy for her for that... but I'm so goddamn angry at Scientology over this. Ida was a wonderful woman, full of love and they TOOK HER SON AWAY. They poisoned a man's love for his own mother. And he let them do it. She should have spent her golden years with her son. That's all she ever wanted. If they'd just have let the be together, she would never have been the critic she became.

This has to stop. Scientology and their FORCED DISCONNECTION IS WRONG. My only consolation is one day, Miscavige will be in prison for the horrible way he's destroyed so many people.
“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:22 pm

I pity Ida's son who was kept away from this great lady.

PTS

Post by PTS » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:08 am

My sincere condolences to all who knew her and loved her.
Liber Et Audax

ladayla

Post by ladayla » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Ida has a ton of people who called her" Mom", and loved her and her Snickerdoodles. I never met her, but I appreciate her support and friendship with others who shared her grief over her lousy disconnected son, and the other outrageous abuses done in the name of "church".
There is another here ( Fluffy), who called Ida "a dork", but I assure you that Fluffy's opinion is not shared by others on this board.
We love you, Ida.
I'll be seeing you soon.

la

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:14 pm

ladayla wrote:Ida has a ton of people who called her" Mom", and loved her and her Snickerdoodles. I never met her, but I appreciate her support and friendship with others who shared her grief over her lousy disconnected son, and the other outrageous abuses done in the name of "church".
There is another here ( Fluffy), who called Ida "a dork", but I assure you that Fluffy's opinion is not shared by others on this board.
We love you, Ida.
I'll be seeing you soon.

la
Oh La! I hope you are speaking rhetorically about the 'See you soon" part. I think we people who love and care about each other will all see each other in the next life or where ever we go next sometime. Life is terminal after all and nobody gets out of here alive!

I am surprised you didn't know Ida personally because your paths are similar and both of you turned your heartbreak and love for your disconnected children into helping others. I have been inspired by both of you to fight the cult and spare others from the heartbreak of official disconnection by the cult.

I imagine it is very hard for you to find out that Ida died without ever reconnecting with her scientology son. Ida tried so hard and I know you have too. I understand your hard feelings toward someone who interfered with your brief chance at reconnection with your beloved daughter. I hope with all my heart you get another chance to forge a relationship with her before you go to the great beyond.

My heart is with you La and I wish you all the very best in getting a big huge hug from your daughter soon!

Meanwhile we should all talk more and care more and get together more and eat snickerdoodles in honour of Ida! She always set the nicest table with the good hand embroidered linens and her best china and silver, just for cookies and coffee. Ida kept photos on the fridge of all her friends. She made people feel special. She really was a "mom" to friends, critics, family and neighbors. She just loved people despite her own heartbreak.

I love you too La! Keep in touch!

Ladybird

Return to “Media Reports”